AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
2006 World Cup Score Board & News Central [Closed]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pols_R_Us

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Press Clippings Reply with quote

I just posted some press clippings on the case. I found them enlightening.

What red-blooded man, especially a sportsman, would have meekly shrugged off what MM supposedly have said? Very Mad
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LesBleus,

I understand your positon and what does LesBleus mean, by he way, if you care to tell me Smile As I said, this is not about Mr. Zidane by any mean but rather about soccer in general. The question here is how much should we tolerate bad behavior in sports? If you do not want to draw a line then do you want to let this culture of violence and self-righteousness to continue? Mr. Zidane said he was sorry but had no regret. What kind of an apology is that? I was told that the French were known for being polite and classy, isn't he an embarassment for France? Smile I have to be carefull next time I get to see a French, don't you think? Smile

Yellow and Blue,

You won. You are fast enough to cast the stone for me so I do not have to get my hand dirty Smile Yes, my vision might be short but your temper is even shorter. Remember, if you let a bad child go unpunished for a long time; you're guilty of spoiling him. I'm not talking about your lovely Mr. Zidane only but using this case to talk about sport and players' behavior in general... Smile
Les Bleus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Bleu means Blue Reply with quote

Visitor wrote:
LesBleus,

I understand your positon and what does LesBleus mean, by he way, if you care to tell me Smile

"Les Bleus" is the nickname of the French teams (soccer or rugby) - I thought it already had been explained in one of these WC threads - because they often wear blue, one of the French flag's colors. Though they also often wear white, with blue, white and red stripes along the sleeves. They did it during the last WC game because up to now they won every time they wore white lately. Didn't work this time however.

What's ironic is that it's the Italians who wore blue. Their team is called Azzurri (or Squadra Azzurra - the Blue Team); "azzurri" (like "azure" in English) also means "blue".

Funny, isn't it, how many flags are red, white and blue? French, British, American, Panama, Cuba, Puerto Rico, and heaven knows who else.
Yellow and Blue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Get a grip, Visitor! Reply with quote

Visitor wrote:
Yellow and Blue,

Remember, if you let a bad child go unpunished for a long time; you're guilty of spoiling him. I'm not talking about your lovely Mr. Zidane only but using this case to talk about sport and players' behavior in general... Smile

So for you it's ok to take insults to your mother and sister lying down and turning the other cheek? You're a real Christian, Visitor, I should not have quoted Jesus at you. super grin I do apologize. Embarassed

BTW, I did not cast any stone at you, I merely said if you have been blameless all your life, which I'm sure you have been, it is your privilege to slam others, which you have done. It's you who were casting stones at "bad sportsmen" and preaching "spare the rod, spoil the child", without hearing the "child" 's side of the story, exercizing your superior wisdom as a parent. Father knows best, after all. Happy now? bleh
It's not X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Thở dài Reply with quote

This is getting a bit out of hand. Admins, do something!
Wildflower

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Thở dài Reply with quote

It's not X wrote:
This is getting a bit out of hand. Admins, do something!

Not only that, but the thread is getting too long. I'm locking it, though I'm making it a "sticky" again so it stays, at least for the moment, on top of the page, and you can go on reading it.

You guys and gals and others can go on discussing the matter on the other threads on the WC and the Zidane-Materazzi fight.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: 2006 World Cup Reply with quote

We've moved this back to the main page for ease of reference.

Happy Đá Banh/football/soccer/futbol watching! Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: