AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Playing Catch-Up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angela

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject: Trump's popularity - among dogs! Reply with quote

Posting this video is not meant to offend anyone as it pokes fun at everyone! Whatever side you are on, this is funny!

Unless sensitivity has overcome your sense of humor completely everyone should find something to laugh about in this video...

https://vimeo.com/282620475

Zack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Trump's popularity - among dogs! Reply with quote

Angela wrote:
Posting this video is not meant to offend anyone as it pokes fun at everyone! Whatever side you are on, this is funny!

Well, I, for one, find it VERY funny and laughed out loud at times.
NP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Collusion Isn’t a Crime Reply with quote

Annamite_en_Amérique wrote:
Trump: Collusion Isn’t a Crime. Uh, Not That I Did Any.

Rudy Giuliani Says Collusion Is Not a Crime: A Closer Look
Late Night with Seth Meyers
Published on Jul 30, 2018
Seth takes a closer look at Trump's defenders moving on from insisting that the president didn't collude with Russia to arguing that even if he did, it's not a crime.

https://youtu.be/Encvsgqbt0I

Rudy Giuliani Doesn't Know If Colluding Is Crime
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
Published on Jul 30, 2018
Trump's legal team has come a long way from 'no collusion!' to 'collusion is not a crime!'

https://youtu.be/66Xe2X8b5OM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject: Benedict Arnold Speaks Out Reply with quote

Satire from The Borowitz Report
“I Was Never This Blatant,” Says Benedict Arnold in Hell

HELL (The Borowitz Report)—Saying that he was “flabbergasted” by the events of this week, the Revolutionary War-era traitor Benedict Arnold offered a ringing defense of his own career in treason, asserting, “I was never this blatant.”

“I was brought up to believe that betraying your country was something you’d do very secretively,” Arnold, who now resides in Hell, said. “If you were going over to the enemy side, you’d do everything you could not to be detected. You wouldn’t go around announcing it to the world like a jackass.”

Although Arnold understands why commentators have been using the word “treason” to describe the alarming spectacle they have witnessed this week, he said, “Throwing the word ‘treason’ around like that is very unfair to traitors, and I would even say hurtful.”

“Traitors put a lot of thought, planning, and subtletly into every one of their actions and utterances,” he said. “When I look at these so-called acts of treason, I have to ask, Where’s the professionalism? Where’s the work ethic? The sloppiness and sheer idiocy of it all is jaw-dropping.”

Speaking of his treasonous colleagues in Hell, including Judas Iscariot, Vidkun Quisling, and the entire Vichy government, Arnold said, “Every traitor down here is shaking his head.”

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/i-was-never-this-blatant-says-benedict-arnold-in-hell

Công Hòa Viêt-Nam Muôn Nam!
Annamite_en_Amérique

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject: Kremlin Names Trump Employee of the Month Reply with quote

Kremlin Names Trump Employee of the Month

MOSCOW (The Borowitz Report)—Capping an extraordinary year for the former television host, the Kremlin has named Donald J. Trump its Employee of the Month for December.

“No one has worked more tirelessly for the glory of the Fatherland than Donald Trump,” the Russian President Vladimir Putin said in an official statement. “He has set a high bar for all Kremlin employees, and for that, we salute him.”

To mark the honor, Trump’s name will be added to a plaque that hangs in the hallway outside the Kremlin’s H.R. office.

According to Kremlin sources, Trump faced tough competition in the Employee of the Month voting, besting both Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and ExxonMobil’s C.E.O., Rex Tillerson.

Speaking to reporters at his Mar-a-Lago estate, in Florida, Trump called the award “a tremendous honor, just tremendous.”

“Obama was President for eight years and he didn’t win this a single month,” he said. “Loser.”

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/kremlin-names-trump-employee-of-the-month

Antep

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:33 am    Post subject: Why won't Trump clearly call out Russia? Reply with quote

Lemon: Why won't Trump clearly call out Russia?
CNN
Published on Aug 2, 2018
CNN's Don Lemon walks through President Trump's contradictions with his own administration on Russia's interference in the 2016 election.

https://youtu.be/6hYH0idRQhs

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject: The Trump Effect on Tourism Reply with quote

Trump Effect: World Tourism UP, US Tourism DOWN
David Pakman Show
Published on Aug 6, 2018
--As tourism sours in most of the developed world, the Trump effect continues to hurt tourism to the United States

https://youtu.be/rXXbNtO0Hks

Do have a look at the comments below the video.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Campaign Expenses Reply with quote

Republicans Outspent Democrats in Ohio by a Hundred Million Rubles

COLUMBUS, Ohio (The Borowitz Report)—With Tuesday’s special election in Ohio still too close to call, Republican officials in the state acknowledged that they outspent Democrats to the tune of a hundred million rubles.

Harland Dorrinson, a spokesman for the Ohio Republican Party, told reporters on Wednesday that if the G.O.P. ekes out a win, it will have been worth all of the Russian currency the Party threw at the race.

“You can talk ground game all you want, but, at the end of the day, you can’t buy TV and radio ads without rubles,” he said.

Dorrinson credited the Republican congressional-campaign committee for what he called a “highly successful ruble-raising effort.”

“We were on the phone to oligarchs in our shadowy Kremlin-affiliated donor network up to the last minute,” he said. “Hopefully, it paid off.”

While Ohio Republicans are crossing their fingers that the final election results are in their favor, Dorrinson recognizes that their work is far from over. “We’re going to have a rematch in this district in November, and we don’t want to be caught a day late and a ruble short,” he said.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/republicans-outspent-democrats-in-ohio-by-a-hundred-million-rubles

Annamite_en_Amérique

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Ivanka Trump Named Dean of Business School Reply with quote

Still playing Catch-Up - I'm posting stuff that accumulated in my mailbox when the site was closed.

Ivanka Trump Named Dean of Business School at Trump University

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report)—Calling it “an exciting new chapter in my amazing life,” Ivanka Trump has been named dean of the business school at the newly reconstituted Trump University.

“I’ve been incredibly blessed with stratospheric success as a businessperson,” Dean Trump said on Wednesday. “This is my chance to give something back, for only fifty thousand dollars in tuition and other fees.”

Trump said that students enrolling at the Trump University School of Business can look forward to gleaning wisdom not only from her but from another star faculty member, Jared Kushner.

“When it comes to business, Jared has been almost as incredible I have,” she said.

In online promotional materials for the school, Dean Trump promises “an unforgettable educational experience” for “students who want to learn business the Ivanka way.”

“Many people take years to get a business off the ground,” Dean Trump writes. “At the Trump University School of Business, I’ll show you how to open a business and close it down in four years flat.”

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/ivanka-trump-named-dean-of-business-school-at-trump-university

Annamite_en_Amérique

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject: Trump’s Newest Foe Reply with quote

Trump to Discontinue Obama-Era Practice of Using Lowercase Letters

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Charting a sharply different course from that of his predecessor in the White House, Donald J. Trump announced on Monday that he would discontinue the Obama-era practice of using lowercase letters.

In a series of early-morning tweets, Trump announced the ban on lowercase letters, calling them “SMALL” and “WEAK.”

“I WILL KEEP AMERICA STRONG BY USING ALL CAPS,” he tweeted. “THERE ARE NO SMALL LETTERS IN USA!”

“LITTLE LETTERS BAD!!!” Trump added, for emphasis.

Trump’s policy of zero tolerance for lowercase letters could have a sweeping impact on the federal bureaucracy if, as rumored, all government agencies are required to retrofit their computers and mobile devices with a permanent caps-lock key.

Additionally, civil-liberties groups argued that Trump’s war on lowercase letters flies in the face of the First Amendment, which implicitly protects the right to use letters of all sizes and fonts.

Amid the controversy, the White House appeared to walk back the new policy later in the day, as aides revealed that Trump will still use lowercase letters, in the style of the poet e. e. cummings, when communicating with Vladimir Putin.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-to-discontinue-obama-era-practice-of-using-lowercase-letters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: