AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Racism in America, v.2: A Racist in the Oval Office
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Do Quy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject: You know who loved Trump's comments? Reply with quote

You know who loved Trump's comments?
CNN's Jake Tapper compares reactions to President's Trump "shit hole countries" remarks following the President's tweeted denial.

https://youtu.be/-zvcqAWRROE

Do Quy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: World Reacts To Trump "Shit hole" Comment Reply with quote

World Reacts To Trump "Shit hole" Comment

https://youtu.be/KeTqSECgnG8

Annamite_en_Amérique

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Trump's Racist Immigration Comment Reply with quote

Trump Attacks Feinstein, Makes Racist Immigration Comment
Seth takes a closer look at how President Trump has moved on from trying to discredit the Russia investigation to pretending it’s over; meanwhile, lawmakers in both parties try to work with Trump on an immigration deal

https://youtu.be/4FBqT80fVKY

Công Hòa Viêt-Nam Muôn Nam!
GalleonFlame

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: African Ambassadors to UN Slam Trump’s ‘Racist’ Remark Reply with quote

African Ambassadors to UN Slam Trump’s ‘Racist’ Remarks
After holding an emergency meeting to discuss the “growing trend” in the White House of “denigrating” people of color.

The African group of ambassadors to the United Nations issued a statement late Friday demanding an apology for President Trump’s “outrageous, racist and xenophobic remarks” concerning immigration. Trump’s widely reported comments referring to Haiti and African countries as “shithole countries” on Thursday prompted the ambassadors to hold an emergency meeting at the UN on Friday. In a statement described as unprecedented by former U.S. ambassador to the UN Samantha Power, the African ambassadors warned of possible racism within the Trump Administration. They said they are concerned by the “continuing and growing trend” in the White House of “denigrating” African countries and “people of color.”

https://www.apnews.com/8455ad968e5e4856946d2f7996918889
Le NewYorkais

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Using Asians To Defend Trump Reply with quote

CNN Guest Called Out For Using Asians To Defend Trump After 'Shit hole' Comments
Kimberly Yam, HuffPost

https://youtu.be/tdKww57qYRo

A conservative commentator got called out for perpetuating a stereotype that has long hurt Asian immigrants during a CNN discussion Thursday night about President Donald Trump’s reported labeling of Haiti and African nations as “shit hole countries.”

Carrie Sheffield attempted to argue that Trump isn’t as anti-immigrant or racist as those comments suggested.

The president “said he would welcome immigrants from Asia so he is open to accepting people from other countries.” Sheffield said, referencing information from a White House official.

Fellow panelist Keith Boykin, a liberal commentator, fired back at her, noting how highlighting Asian immigrants in contrast to others reinforces a myth about them.

“This is not good because it’s playing into the stereotype of the model minority,” Boykin said.

The idea of Asians as the “good immigrants” ― wealthier, better educated and higher skilled ― is a harmful stereotype that pits Asians against other communities of color, often only to the benefit of white people. The model minority myth keeps serious issues in the Asian-American community, which is majority immigrant, from being addressed and ignores the diversity of experiences within the group.

A December 2016 report from the Center for American Progress shows the wealth gap among Asian-Americans is great, larger even than that among white Americans. And data averages hide the particular needs and histories of immigrants from different Asian countries.

“It doesn’t really make sense to compare recent Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean or Pakistani immigrants who are working in tech and engineering jobs to people who came as refugees in the 1980s and their working-class descendants,” Philip Cohen, a sociology professor at the University of Maryland, told The Washington Post at the time the report was issued.

The model minority stereotype has consequences. Asian-Americans constitute around 13 percent of the population in New York City and have the highest poverty rate there, according to a 2015 report. Yet from 2002 to 2014, they received a mere 1.4 percent of the city’s social service funds.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/asian-immigrants-trump-carrie-sheffield_us_5a58d2c6e4b0720dc4c6933c?ncid=edlinkushpmg00000313
Anémone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Jack Lang calls Trump a "sh*t hole president" Reply with quote

I think this new hashtag will go around the world! super grin

See on Twitter

#TrumpPrésidentdeMerde

The former Minister of Culture declares his "solidarity" with African countries and Haiti, "a country that I love". According to Jack Lang, Trump is a "pathological xenophobe and racist". His behaviour is "unworthy of America, great country of Liberty and great adventures in emancipation".
Doan_Du
Herald

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Chris Cuomo Calls Out Trump After Absurd Statements Reply with quote

Chris Cuomo Calls Out Trump After Absurd Statements: "You Are A S***hole!"

https://youtu.be/bdXSJfzZxn4

Doan_Du
Herald

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject: Black pastor defending Trump Reply with quote

Can you believe it???? What a s*** hole!!! Or, if you prefer, an a***hole! Very Mad I like it, though, when Joy quotes the Bible back at him!

'BYE!' Disgusted Joy Reid CUT MIC on Trump Sh**Hole Pastor Defending R.A.C.I.S.M
Prominent Donald Trump surrogate and South Carolina evangelical televangelist Pastor Mark Burns had his microphone cut off MSNBC’s “AM Joy” after continuing to talk over host Joy Reid while refusing to answer her questions.

Pastor Burns has been attempting to use the Bible to rationalize Trump’s “sh*thole” comments, devolving a panel on CNN’s “Out Front with Erin Burnett” on Friday into a shouting match.

Throughout Reid’s interview, Pastor Burns repeatedly refused to answer her questions.

Round 2: Joy Reid spits fire in ongoing feud with booted pastor who suggested she ‘just move to Haiti’

“One more question, I will give you one more chance to answer my question, then we’ll be done here,” Reid warned.

“You’re wasting my time when you talk over me and don’t answer my question,” Reid noted.

“You’re wasting my time,” Pastor Burns replied.

“Then good-bye,” Reid replied, ending the segment. “Let’s bring in our panel.”

This was not Reid’s only contentious interview with Pastor Burns, in August she stumped him about what positive policy actions Trump has taken for the black community.

https://youtu.be/PzGHHlSMffE

Doan_Du
Herald

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject: Bernie Sanders weighs in Reply with quote

Bernie Sanders EPIC Rant Destroying Trump After Comments On "S***hole Countries"

https://youtu.be/ZRpaTn6z3zw

Le NewYorkais

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:30 am    Post subject: A 71 Year Old Guy Who's Been Racist A Long Time Reply with quote

'He's A 71 Year Old Guy Who's Been R.A.C.I.S.T A Long Time' Bakari SLAMS GOP Enablers
The title is misleading. This discussion is more interesting that one would expect from it.

https://youtu.be/qAkKQjX-Vj4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: