AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
RIP France Gall
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vixen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: "Diego" Reply with quote

Anémone wrote:
You have to listen to her singing "Diego" - the lyrics are a gem!

https://youtu.be/aTLJ8A4qYAI

Absolutely! It's a condemnation of oppression.
Anémone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: France Gall Reply with quote

I wasn't really a fan of her as a singer, but I very much liked the person she became.

On the tv news last night, they talked a lot about her life, and the determining influence of her life paratner Michel Berger on her career - and of the latter's sudden death.

He wrote this pretty song (among so many others) in tribute to Cézanne - and she sings it with sweetness and talent.

https://youtu.be/NkfLDwaEMrM

Vixen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: France Gall Reply with quote

She was a brave woman, to whom life has not been kind.

Starting with her relationship with Claude François, who was jealous and tyrannical.

Then she lost Michel Berger and, more tragic still, her daughter Pauline.

Despite all the trials and tribulations, she never gave up, be it about preserving Michel Berger's musical legacy, fighting cancer that hit her several times, or promoting - without too much media frenzy - children's education in Africa.
Couch Potato

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: France Gall Reply with quote

Vixen wrote:
She was a brave woman, to whom life has not been kind.

Starting with her relationship with Claude François, who was jealous and tyrannical.

Then she lost Michel Berger and, more tragic still, her daughter Pauline.

Despite all the trials and tribulations, she never gave up, be it about preserving Michel Berger's musical legacy, fighting cancer that hit her several times, or promoting - without too much media frenzy - children's education in Africa.

Seems like she was a remarkable woman - But her fame never crossed the Atlantic, I don't think. Johnny Hallyday we've heard of, though he wasn't that popular over here, but I'm afraid I'd never heard of France Gall until now. Embarassed My loss, obviously. Sad
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:01 am    Post subject: France Gall Reply with quote

I had never heard of her too but had heard of Johnny Hallyday although I never heard any of his records or music.
IAmNoHero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: France Gall & Johnny Hallyday Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
I had never heard of her too but had heard of Johnny Hallyday although I never heard any of his records or music.

Well, now's your chance, his best songs have been posted in the thread about his death. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: