AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
BBC Harry Potter: A History of Magic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: BBC Harry Potter: A History of Magic Reply with quote

BBC2 have recently released a rather interesting show about their exhibition of JK Rowling and Harry Potter at the British Library.

It discusses a lot of the exhibits and the real history of magic and I enjoyed it so I looked for a link on You Tube to see if it was there and fortunately it was... I found it very interesting... A few of the actors from the movies also read parts of the books and clowned around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKIPhWkDLyY&vl=en super grin
RavenStar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Harry Potter Reply with quote

I find it amazing that people are still interested in Harry Potter after so many years... But I guess it's a good thing. Very Happy
The Shuttle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: BBC Harry Potter: A History of Magic Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
BBC2 have recently released a rather interesting show about their exhibition of JK Rowling and Harry Potter at the British Library.

It discusses a lot of the exhibits and the real history of magic and I enjoyed it so I looked for a link on You Tube to see if it was there and fortunately it was... I found it very interesting... A few of the actors from the movies also read parts of the books and clowned around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKIPhWkDLyY&vl=en super grin

I am embedding it here:

It is 20 years since JK Rowling's Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone first cast its spell on readers across the globe. But Rowling's fantastical creation wasn't entirely make-believe.

The Shuttle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Harry Potter Reply with quote

RavenStar wrote:
I find it amazing that people are still interested in Harry Potter after so many years... But I guess it's a good thing. Very Happy

The Newt Scamander movies and books have given the fandom a shot in the arm. Also there's still Pottermore, there's an officially sanctioned fan-made movie about Voldemort coming out early 2018, and there will be a Harry Potter fans convention about fifteen city blocks away from where I'm currently sitting on my lunch break.

So the rabid fandom is alive and well Very Happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: