AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
The Republican Party in chaos?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildflower

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Lala Land? Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
Like Trump et al, Unmask seems to be living in la la land....

Unfortunately I fear you may be right. I despair of him sometimes. Sad
NP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: To get out of the chaos... Reply with quote

What Will Force The GOP To Put President Donald Trump On Notice?
Joe Scarborough discusses his latest Washington Post column, which focuses on an interview he and Mika Brzezinski conducted with candidate Donald Trump in 2015 where Scarborough asks Trump 'Can you read?'. The panel also discusses if the GOP will pressure Trump.

https://youtu.be/Txg4Z-psIKY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:50 am    Post subject: Flake Breaks With McConnell Seeks Joint DACA And Budget Deal Reply with quote

Flake Breaks With McConnell, Seeks Joint DACA And Budget Deal

https://youtu.be/ZhpLBFH9gIc

Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: Will ‘Fire and Fury’ split the Republican Party? Reply with quote

Will ‘Fire and Fury’ split the Republican Party?
How did Michael Wolff’s book “Fire and Fury” gain traction and did it affect the Republican Party? What are the chances of an Oprah Winfrey presidential run? Amy Walter of The Cook Political Report and Tamara Keith of NPR talk to Judy Woodruff about the latest political news.

https://youtu.be/lWzNlyZLaH4

ZeroG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reps Have 4 Convicted Criminals Running For Congress Reply with quote

Republicans Have 4 Convicted Criminals Running For Congress In 2018
[HuffPost] Paul Blumenthal

WASHINGTON ― When Joe Arpaio, the former Maricopa County sheriff, announced his Senate candidacy on Tuesday, he became the fourth viable Republican 2018 congressional candidate who’s been convicted of a crime. And like two of the other GOP cons running for office, he has cited his criminal record as a partial justification for his candidacy.

Arpaio was convicted of misdemeanor criminal contempt of court in July 2017 for defying a court order requiring him to stop illegally detaining people he suspected of being undocumented immigrants based on their race. President Donald Trumppardoned him one month later.

The other convicted criminals running for office as Republicans are Don Blankenship, the former head of the coal mining company Massey Energy who is running in the Republican primary to challenge West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin (D); former Rep. Michael Grimm, who is challenging incumbent Rep. Dan Donovan (R-N.Y.) to reclaim the Staten Island congressional seat he once held; and Rep. Greg Gianforte (R-Montana), who is running for re-election.

Blankenship served one year in prison for a misdemeanor conviction for conspiring to evade safety lawsafter the death of 29 miners at his Upper Big Branch Mine in 2010. Grimm, a former FBI agent, pleaded guilty to of felony tax evasion in 2014. And last year, Gianforte also pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault for body-slamming a reporter days before winning a 2017 special election. So far, the national Republican party has said it supports Donovan over Grimm, but it is also backing Gianforte, who is the only one of these convicted candidates currently in office. The party has not endorsed anyone in either West Virginia or Arizona.

The only Democrat with a record running for office is David Alcorn, convicted of stalking, who is one of nine candidates for the party’s nomination in New Mexico’s 2nd congressional district. The Democratic Congressional Committee would not support Alcorn, saying “he is not fit to run for office.”

Read more:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans-four-convicted-criminals-running-180041047.html

Note: There is also a significant number of Republicans in Congress not seeking re-election or retiring. Looks good for the Dems in this year's mid-terms!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: A Question Reply with quote

Is the Republican Party in chaos?

The Republican Party is in chaos.

Case closed Exclamation
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Crooked politicians Reply with quote

I would have thought having a criminal record would mean you are ineligible to run for a government member... However if is a minor crime like going on an illegal strike, protesting about something or contempt of court or something that might involve moral issues and the term is for less than a year for these offences then that probably shouldn’t be counted....

It seems most politicians are crooks one way or another anyway... super grin
Angelina

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Crooked politicians Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
I would have thought having a criminal record would mean you are ineligible to run for a government member... However if is a minor crime...

Arpaio was convicted only of misdemeanor criminal contempt of court in July 2017 for defying a court order requiring him to stop illegally detaining people he suspected of being undocumented immigrants based on their race.

What I don't understand is that "he has cited his criminal record as a partial justification for his candidacy." How can a criminal record justify, even partially, a candidacy? confused
UnMask

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Arpaio would say Reply with quote

Sheriff Arpaio would say that telling him not to enforce a law he was sworn to uphold when he took office (follow this?) would be illegal.

Anyway, that's how he would see it.. Confused
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Watch Arpaio Learn Pardon Was Admission Of Guilt Reply with quote

Watch Joe Arpaio Learn His Pardon Was An Admission Of Guilt
MSNBC’s Ari Melber confronts Senate candidate Joe Arpaio over his immigration record and fact checks Arpaio’s claim that accepting President Trump’s pardon doesn’t mean he’s guilty. The Supreme Court ruled otherwise as Melber explains on The Beat.

https://youtu.be/EiNY231MfEQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: