AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Trump's waning popularity
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Le NewYorkais

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Trump's waning popularity Reply with quote

I am sure we had a thread on this, but I can't find it. I guess it got deleted when the site crashed or was hacked, whatever the heck happened... If this is a duplicate, sorry, people. shameless grin

Trump's Popularity PLUMMETING
Trump's popularity is tanking among...Fox News viewers?!?!

https://youtu.be/qZEpl6J6Z6c

dzu
Herald

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Trump's approval rating is sinking Reply with quote

Trump's approval rating is sinking to unthinkable levels in places you'd never expect
Business Insider•

* President Donald Trump's polling numbers are not looking good among several demographics where they were formerly much higher.
    * Polling in Iowa and Alabama, and among Fox News viewers, showed plummeting approval.

President Donald Trump has in recent days received a wave of new, underwhelming polling numbers — many of which have come from unexpected places.

Take, for example, a Suffolk University poll from earlier this week. It found that Trump's favorability rating among people who said Fox News was their most trusted news source was 58% — a substantial drop from the outlet's surveys in June (90%) and October (74%).

Meanwhile, in Alabama — where in Tuesday's special election the Democrat Doug Jones defeated his embattled Republican challenger, Roy Moore — exit polls found that voters had a split opinion of the president.

In a state Trump carried by nearly 30 points over the Democratic nominee, Hillary Clinton, in the 2016 presidential election, just 48% of voters say they approve of Trump, and 48% say they disapprove of the job he's doing.

And in Iowa, where Trump defeated Clinton by roughly 9 points, a Wednesday poll from the Des Moines Register/Mediacom found that 60% of Iowans disapproved of the job Trump is doing. Just 35% say they approve, a sharp drop from his 43% approval in the poll's July edition.

Trump's national approval rating reached a record low of 32% in Wednesday's Monmouth University survey, with 56% of respondents saying they disapprove of the job he's doing. His previous low in that poll was a 39% approval rating and a 53% disapproval rating.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-approval-rating-fox-news-iowa-alabama-bad-really-bad-2017-12

But - No worries. He'll always have Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Dobbs and Unmask supporting him. How can he lose with such a team? super grin
Doan_Du
Herald

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Trump is in a massive political slump Reply with quote

Trump is in a massive political slump
Allan Smith
    * President Donald Trump suffered another major defeat Tuesday night in Alabama.
    * It was the third consecutive loss for a candidate Trump had supported — and the second in Alabama's Senate race alone.
    * Luther Strange, Ed Gillespie, and now Roy Moore have all lost crucial races within the past three months despite having the president's backing.

President Donald Trump suffered yet another major political defeat Tuesday night in deep-red Alabama — his second loss in one Senate race alone and the third consecutive loss for a candidate he had thrown his weight behind.

In Tuesday's special election for the US Senate seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the Republican candidate Trump supported, Roy Moore, lost to the Democrat Doug Jones by about 1.5 points.

And though Moore faces allegations that he pursued sexual relationships with teenage girls as young as 14 when he was in his 30s, Trump publicly supported him in the campaign's final weeks.

But that didn't help push Moore over the edge in one of the most Republican states in the nation — one the president won by nearly 30 points in the 2016 election.

It also wasn't the first time Trump's preferred candidate lost in Alabama.

During the GOP primary, Trump threw his support behind the incumbent, Republican Sen. Luther Strange. But Moore easily defeated Strange in the runoff in September — more than a month before The Washington Post first reported on the allegations against Moore.

Days before that report, the Democrat Ralph Northam crushed the Trump-backed GOP nominee Ed Gillespie in Virginia's gubernatorial race.

After each of these three defeats, Trump has been quick to brush aside any notion that his involvement did not help his preferred candidate win or that it hurt their chances.

After Strange's defeat, Trump tweeted that the candidate "started way back & ran a good race."

Soon after Gillespie lost, Trump tweeted that the nominee "worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for."

And after Moore's stunning defeat, Trump tweeted that "write-in votes played a very big factor, but a win is a win."

"The reason I originally endorsed Luther Strange (and his numbers went up mightily), is that I said Roy Moore will not be able to win the General Election," he added. "I was right! Roy worked hard but the deck was stacked against him!"

'Trump was the one who got Jones within firing range, and Moore allowed Jones to win'

Trump was the only major elected Republican to provide Moore such full-throated support in the campaign's waning days.

Republican Sen. Ron Johnson said on Wednesday that the election result showed that "Alabamians didn't want somebody who dated 14-year-old girls."

But exit polls also found that Alabama voters were split on whether they approved of Trump. As Dean Young, a strategist for Moore's campaign, told ABC News on Sunday, "It is Donald Trump on trial in Alabama."

"Trump was the one who got Jones within firing range, and Moore allowed Jones to win," Kyle Kondik, a political analyst at the University of Virginia's Center for Politics, told Reuters, adding that Democrats have shown higher levels of enthusiasm in each of this year's elections because of Trump.

Of course, Trump's record in 2017 isn't all losses. Republicans won each of the contested special House elections, the biggest being Karen Handel's victory in June over the Democrat Jon Ossoff in Georgia's 6th Congressional District; Trump had supported Handel.

Trump has said he thinks Republicans need one thing to ensure his losing streak does not continue.

"If last night's election proved anything, it proved that we need to put up GREAT Republican candidates to increase the razor thin margins in both the House and Senate," Trump tweeted Wednesday morning.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-is-in-political-slump-after-alabama-2017-12
UnMask

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Now What? Reply with quote

The last Rasmussen poll, without the tax cut victory, shows:

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 43% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty-five percent (55%) disapprove."

Not exactly re-election numbers! Smile

Unfortunately the holiday will result in no polling results until Dec 27th... Maybe people will spend their tax cuts on presents and his approval ratings will go up.... Wink

Gallup has new results on Hillary.....

"Hillary Clinton's image has declined since June and is now the worst Gallup has measured for her to date. Her favorable rating has fallen five percentage points since June to a new low of 36%, while her unfavorable rating has hit a new high of 61%."

It doesn't sound like the USA wants a rematch of the 2016 election... very happy
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Typical! Reply with quote

Yes of course you post the least reliable polls here and think we believe that. It is a well known fact that Rasmussen Polls are one of least reliable polls so that means nothing when most of the other polls say otherwise.

How can people spend their tax cuts when there aren’t any yet and won’t be for the majority of the US people anyway.... Watch out for a massive deficit over the next few years for the US and Bruce you goose will be one of those adversely affected in the not too distant future....
dzu
Herald

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Now What? Reply with quote

UnMask wrote:
Gallup has new results on Hillary.....

"Hillary Clinton's image has declined since June and is now the worst Gallup has measured for her to date. Her favorable rating has fallen five percentage points since June to a new low of 36%, while her unfavorable rating has hit a new high of 61%."

It doesn't sound like the USA wants a rematch of the 2016 election... very happy

Who cares about Hillary's numbers nowadays? You like to kick an adversary when they're down, don't you? Not a very chivalrous trait. Very petty and vindictive in fact. I guess you support Trump because you're a lot like him. bleh

As to Trump, the majority is still against him. Or isn't 55% a majority in your view? Question
Wildflower

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Typical! Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
Yes of course you post the least reliable polls here and think we believe that. It is a well known fact that Rasmussen Polls are one of least reliable polls so that means nothing when most of the other polls say otherwise.

It is a wonder to me how our resident geese (this goes for our other goose/geese too) unfailingly pick the least reliable reports, articles or news to post. I must say though that Angela is worse than even UnMask in this, the difference being that she emails her stuff to me before posting, and I nix them before they find their way online. She sent me some doozies over the past years. Like the names of the five Islamists that Obama had brought into the WH, or proof that the Clintons had absconded with the WH furniture and artwork, etc. The worst, IIRC, that UnMask came up with was Obama banning Christian Syrians from entering the US. As if any Christian president in a Christian country could ever get away with such a move. Rolling Eyes

Things that anyone with an ounce of sense would realize are totally implausible, even impossible. Pale sigh

OK, it's I who went off-topic this time. shameless grin Embarassed
Le NewYorkais

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Sorry, Trump! :D Reply with quote

Sorry, Trump: Your arch-nemeses Obama and Clinton are still “most admired” Americans
The president has a deep inferiority complex with these two. Here’s hoping he’s seething
Nicole Karlis

The current U.S. president usually ranks number one on Gallup’s annual “Most Admired” poll. Yet this year, former president Barack Obama snagged the spot as “Most Admired Man”—and Hillary Clinton won the title “Most Admired Woman." Ironically, the two of them are perhaps Trump's least-liked people on Earth. Between tweets, comments, and Trump's "birther"-conspiracy obsession with Obama, it is often suggested that Trump has an inferiority complex.

This is Clinton's sixteenth consecutive year winning the title, albeit she’s held it 22 times in total—more than any woman in history. Obama is only the second former president, next to Eisenhower, to place first after his presidency. Overall, this marks Barack Obama’s tenth consecutive year holding the title.

“Trump's unpopularity is holding him back from winning the most admired distinction. The incumbent president is the usual winner, since he is arguably the most prominent figure in the country — but when the president is unpopular, other well-known and well-liked men have been able to finish first,” the report states.

Read more:
https://www.salon.com/2017/12/27/sorry-trump-your-arch-nemeses-obama-and-clinton-are-still-most-admired-americans/
UnMask

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Hillary won something Reply with quote

Hillary is popular, but not president. confused
Trump is president, but not popular. Rolling Eyes

Trump is back up to 46%.

Rasmussen closest on popular count, having HRC up by one percent in popular vote. "TheHill.com"
Du Khach
Herald

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: 'Terrible Numbers' For Donald Trump In New Poll Reply with quote

'Terrible Numbers' For Donald Trump In New Poll
A majority of the country thinks the country is worse off since Donald Trump became president, according to new numbers by the AP and NORC.

https://youtu.be/nboDY-hBRP8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: