AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
After the crash-Something very strange, folks!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annamite_en_Amérique

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: After the crash-Something very strange, folks! Reply with quote

The thread called "The Resistance" has disappeared too. I am sure it was created BEFORE the crash last Wednesday, and had posts pre-dating the crash. Ditto the Roy Moore thread, I had to open a new one just now.

I've only had time to browse around a bit, but it looks suspiciously to me like a lot of anti-Trump posts and threads have disappeared.

Our Fearless Leader tells us a lot of spammers and hackers are Russian.

Do I see a pattern here, or am I paranoid and too much into conspiracy theories? wonder

At any rate, we've lost several months of posts. I notice the thread about "Collusion, Clinton style" has disappeared also. Mad

Công Hòa Viêt-Nam Muôn Nam!
Wildflower

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: After the crash-Something very strange, folks! Reply with quote

Annamite_en_Amérique wrote:
At any rate, we've lost several months of posts.

Yes we certainly did! In every one of the subforums!

There were tons of interesting things these past months, and we lost about NINE MONTHS worth of posts!!! Posts, pictures, videos, songs, the lot! Very Mad

But I guess we should be grateful that X managed to get us back online at all, and was able to save the Members List - That would have been a bore, if everyone had had to re-register!!
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Maybe not a joke? Reply with quote

Didn't I jokingly say to you in an email that Trump has found out what we have been posting and complained to Putin and got the Russian hackers to try an delete the site.... super grin

But actually I was really only half joking as you did say many people from Russia have been reading the Politix forum threads so it really wouldn't surprise me at all....

See they know Unmask is Pro Trump so they didn't try and delete the Minstrels' Gallery at all did they....
Wildflower

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe not a joke? Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
See they know Unmask is Pro Trump so they didn't try and delete the Minstrels' Gallery at all did they....

Well, that's not politics, and anyway the latest posts on songs are missing. It seems to me (I haven't double-checked) the Texas links are missing too.

But you're right about the "guests" mostly browsing the Politix subforum, and about 80% of them have a Russian IP or a Russian email address (i.e. with the suffix "ru" on the address).
Le NewYorkais

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Yikes! I was deleted! Reply with quote

My account was deleted after the crash! Very Mad

I had to call on LadyDragon to reinstate me, and it took forever! So I'm back, but all my posts have disappeared, and I lost my old avi and siggie! Mad
inkpot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Yikes! I was deleted! Reply with quote

Le NewYorkais wrote:
So I'm back, but all my posts have disappeared, and I lost my old avi and siggie! Mad

If it's any consolation, I like your current siggie and avi. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: After the crash-Something very strange, folks! Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
At any rate, we've lost several months of posts.

Yes we certainly did! In every one of the subforums!

Yes we lost tons of posts, jokes and videos, especially in the Entertainment and the Funnies subforoums, the latest posts showing before those made today are from March.

We lost a number of "Ten Movies" and "Ten TV shows" games, as well as a big number of "RIPs" - a sizable number of entertainers passed away in the past six months, their obits on this site, complete with photos and videos, have vanished into cyberspace... Also, I remember more recent songs posted in the Minstrels' Forum that are there no more. I guess, though, that UnMask can repost them. And Angela and A_en_F the funny videos they posted in The Funnies.

Công Hòa Viêt-Nam Muôn Nam!
Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: After the crash... Still having problems Reply with quote

This new account disappeared when the site came back online, as well as all the posts made under it... Mad

Now the main Administrator account, the first account that used to show on the Members List, disappeared again. It seems our hacker is at it again.

So LadyDragon recreated this one. This is a test post. Very Happy
Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Avi and siggie Reply with quote

I remember having had a cute siggie on this new account - But can't remember exactly what it was. I know I had those Admins with their briefcases, but I had something else too, but for the life of me can't remember what it was.

Ah well. It's minor. At least this new account works. Very Happy
Steph-Le-Fou-de-Paris

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: After the crash-Something very strange, folks! Reply with quote

The thread called "The Resistance" has disappeared too. I am sure it was created BEFORE the crash last Wednesday, and had posts pre-dating the crash. Ditto the Roy Moore thread, I had to open a new one just now.

I just found out that the disappeared threads are still there in cyberspace. When you do a Search with key words on one of those threads, you get "Found X matches" - but the corresponding threads or posts are invisible.

Also look at the Food for Thought forum. The last poster shown is Santorini - but you can't find any post by Santorini there.

It's so weird! Eek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: