AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Truck attack in Sweden/Syria strike/Terrorism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doan_Du
Herald

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Uzbek man arrested in Sweden attack Reply with quote

Swedish Prosecutors ID Attack Suspect as Native of Uzbekistan

Swedish prosecutors on Saturday confirmed media reports that they have a 39-year-old man from Uzbekistan in custody for Friday’s truck attack that left four dead. Anders Thornberg, head of the Swedish Security Service, said the man was known to police. Saying that “the suspect didn't appear in our recent files but he earlier has been in our files,” Thornberg didn’t elaborate on why the man was on authorities’ radar. Dan Eliason, the head of Sweden's National Police, said earlier that the suspect in custody is believed to have been the driver in the attack, which saw a beer truck hijacked and driven into a crowd in Stockholm on Friday. In addition to the four killed, another 15 were injured. Eliason also said police found an object that “could be a bomb or an incendiary object” in the truck. Earlier, a police spokesperson said police had not yet excluded the possibility that the man had accomplices. The hijacked beer truck plowed into a crowded area of the city and ultimately rammed into a department store on Friday, with the driver escaping in the ensuing frenzy. No group has come forward to claim responsibility for what authorities say was a terrorist attack. The attack was reminiscent of similar attacks using hijacked vehicles in Nice, Berlin and London, all of which were claimed by the Islamic State.

https://apnews.com/1a8d5196938440c38cf9e69baa8c933c?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP
Doan_Du
Herald

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Homage to the victims Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
... But, at any rate, my point is, it would be a VERY BAD idea to fly the Syrian flag. You weren't thinking straight, were you? Like Angelina says in the other thread, why not hang up Assad's portrait while you're at it? Better to drape the bridge, or other monument, in white, for the innocent victims, maybe with their pictures.

Or do something like this:

Viet Chick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Homage to the victims Reply with quote

That's a great picture, DD! ten

White roses would be perfect for those innocent children. Or white flags. But definitely not their dictator's flag. Islamic or not is hardly the point. Nobody flew the Iraqi flag for all the gassed Kurds under Saddam Hussein either. Actually no one flew any flag at all for the murdered Kurds - but that's rather off-topic.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Attack in Sweden Reply with quote

http://www.causeur.fr/suede-multiculturalisme-attentat-stockholm-islamisme-43662.html/comment-page-1#comments

Even gentle Sweden is contaminated by this scourge. They let them in, as we did, as Belgium did... and this is the result!!!
murat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Islamists everywhere... Reply with quote

More and more now, they're not coming from Syria or the Middle East, no, they come from countries whose names end in "Istan".

The terrorist in Sweden came from Uzbekistan. We opened the floodgates and now we're paying the bill. We have to reinstate borders in Europe.
Vixen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Sweden Reply with quote

I've been to Sweden and know the country a bit. I made some observations there.

The people of foreign extraction settled in Sweden speak Swedish between them in the stores, in the street, in the subway. Fathers act like Swedish fathers do with their children. They hold them, push the prams, talk to their daughters the same way they talk to their sons (the women too, don't seem to favour the boys over the girls). Very few veiled women. I didn't see any group of muslim men without women with them, nor did I see any "men only" cafés.

But of course there are madmen everywhere.
murat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Madmen and killers Reply with quote

Yes there are madmen everywhere, but a guy who uses a truck to kill people is not only a madman, he's a killer who knows exactly what he's doing. Just like the Nazi officer shooting women and children during the massacre of Jewish populations in Europe.
Vixen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Immigrants integration Reply with quote

True.

But the Swedes made real efforts to integrate immigrants, that what I meant in my post. So as not to criticize any country that's not mine, I'll talk only about Belgium, where it was not always the case. Now, we are sometimes too laxist. We should have had a foreward vision and think about it ahead of time, including with a public aid to development policy and a foreign policy encouraging people to stay in their own countries. We have not always been pro-active in bilateral aid, in any case to make sure that the people genuinely profited from it.

As to the Nazis, they came to power following the Treaty of Versailles, "wonderful" initiative of the victors of WW1. Then, when Hitler became Chancellor in '33, those same victorious countries didn't do anything to defend the German democratic movements. The Nazis banned the Social-Democratic party and persecuted its members, by sending some of them (beside Communists and other opposants) in the first camps as early as 1933. Yet, those same victors would have had the time to act between 33 and 39, when hostilities started.
Anémone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Sweden Reply with quote

The Swedes were naive, and they are paying the price. I've read articles that say that whole neighbourhoods of Stockholm are entirely islamized (I'll email them to you, they're all in French), just like our suburbs. I doubt that you ever went there. Like when I go to Paris, I don't go in the islamized parts, and I don't see many veiled women. You and I were just not going where the Islamists are.

Unfortunately, the islamist attackers are not madmen. More and more, they are "lone wolves" who operate with low-budget means (like, trucks) like Daesh tells them to in its calls for murder.
murat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: The Stockholm trucker Reply with quote

Brussels' Europe put is in deep sh*t. Europe today is like a sieve and we don't even have the means to expel all those fanatics. I maintain that we will pay very dearly this passivity in face of this massive immigration.

Sympathizer of the Islamic State
By Johan Sennero, Philip O'Connor and Nerijus Adomaitis

HJULSTA, Sweden (Reuters) - The arrested man suspected by police of killing four people by ramming a truck into crowds in Stockholm is a 39-year-old from Uzbekistan who had been denied permanent residency in Sweden and who had expressed sympathy for Islamic State.

Two sources who had worked with the suspect, Rakhmat Akilov, independently identified him to Reuters from images distributed by police as the manhunt got underway on Friday.
Two police spokespersons declined to confirm his identity as did the suspect's court-appointed lawyer.

A former co-worker of Akilov contacted by Reuters said Akilov had never expressed any religious views and also said that the man he shared a flat with near Stockholm was said to be "devastated" to hear Akilov may be responsible for the attack.
Akilov was detained at around 9 p.m. local time (1900 GMT) on Friday in a northern Stockholm suburb hours after police say he hijacked a truck and plowed through a pedestrian shopping street in central Stockholm, killing four and injuring 15.

Police said he had previously turned up in information gathered by Swedish security services. "He was a marginal character," said Sweden's national police chief Dan Eliasson. He did not figure in any of their investigations immediately prior to the attack.

Police have also said the suspect had shown sympathies for extremist organizations, including Islamic State and that he was wanted for failing to comply with a deportation order after his application for residency was denied.

Akilov's former co-worker, who had worked with him at a construction company in Sweden and did not wish to be named, said Akilov was a father who sent money home to a wife and several children living in Uzbekistan.

Swedish Security Police spokesman Simon Bynert said the suspect had been involved in an asylum process in Sweden, but that the security police had not been part of it.
Akilov's Facebook page shows he was following a group called "Friends of Libya and Syria", dedicated to exposing "terrorism of the imperialistic financial capitals" of the United States, Britain and Arab "dictatorships".

The page features two videos, one on the double standards on what constitutes terror and how Muslims are victimized, and the other about a man with his family in the Iraqi city of Mosul calling others to join radical group Islamic State.

His Facebook page showed he also liked Playboy magazine and Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova. The page suddenly became unavailable on Saturday. "Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment," a message said.

Akilov worked at the construction company for a few months last year.

"He never expressed any radical or religious views. He was like any normal guy," the former co-worker at the company told Reuters.

He said that Akilov's flatmate in Varberg, south of Stockholm, was devastated and moved out as soon as he heard reports Akilov may have been involved in the attack.

Akilov -- or someone with the same name -- appears to be listed as living at another address in the northern Stockholm suburb of Hjulsta. No one replied to enquiries at that address when a Reuters reporter visited the low-rise red building with white balconies overlooking a children's playground.

Akilov was also following a group on Facebook calling for the removal of former Uzbek president Islam Karimov, who died last September, as well as a group giving information on how to emigrate to the United States and Canada.

Akilov's Facebook page listed him as born in the Uzbek city of Samarkand, the central Asian country's second-largest city and one of the main stops on the ancient Silk Route.
The top picture on Akilov's Facebook page showed the Sher-Dor Madrasa in Samarkand's Registan Square.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: