AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
The GOP's new health care bill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annamite_en_Amérique

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject: Big Defeat for the GOP Reply with quote

Satire from The Borowitz Report
Republicans Sadly Admit Their Dream of Keeping Poor People from Living Longer Is Over

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Saddened and more than a little wistful, Senate Republicans acknowledged on Tuesday that their long-standing dream of keeping poor people from living longer was at its end.

Choking back tears, Senator Lindsey Graham admitted that his crusade to halt the longevity of the poor had turned out to be a quixotic one at best.

“We made a solemn promise to the American people that we would do everything in our power to keep the poor from living so darn long,” he said, his voice quavering. “We didn’t get it done.”

While saying that he did not want to “play the blame game,” Graham could not resist pointing fingers at senators who broke ranks with the G.O.P. leadership over its quest to stall the poor’s unacceptably surging life expectancy.

“I always thought that preventing the poor from living longer was a bedrock Republican principle,” he said bitterly. “I guess I was wrong.”

On the House side, Speaker Paul Ryan urged Graham not to wallow in defeat but to move on to other Republican agenda items, like tax reform. “We may not be able to keep the poor from living longer, but we can still make them poorer,” he said.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/republicans-sadly-admit-their-dream-of-keeping-poor-people-from-living-longer-is-over

Công Hòa Viêt-Nam Muôn Nam!
ZeroG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Graham Hits Back Against Trump’s Attacks on McCain Reply with quote

Lindsey Graham Hits Back Against Trump’s Attacks on McCain

Sen. Lindsey Graham jumped to Sen. John McCain’s defense Monday night as President Trump continued to lash out against the Arizona Republican for his opposition to the latest Obamacare repeal bill. After Trump posted a video to Twitter mocking McCain’s “complete turn from years of talk” on repealing the Affordable Care Act, Graham told CNN that McCain “earned the right” to “do whatever the damn hell he wants.” McCain earned the wrath of Trump by voicing opposition to the Graham-Cassidy bill last week, saying he couldn’t “in good conscience” vote for the last-ditch effort to repeal Obamacare. His opposition follows the July GOP health-care bill he tanked with a decisive “no” vote. “To any American who has a problem with John McCain’s vote, all I can tell you is John McCain was willing to die for this country, and he can vote any way he wants to, and it doesn’t matter to me,” Graham said.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/lindsey-graham-hits-back-against-trumps-attacks-on-mccain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Dear Baby: Your Coverage Is Denied Reply with quote

Dear Baby Connor: Your Coverage Is Denied
‘If you decide to have this service, you may have to pay it yourself,’ the insurer explained to the infant.
Michael Daly

The letter from the insurance company is addressed to Connor Richardson, age nine months, who is presently being treated for a rare and aggressive brain cancer.

October 11, 2017
Dear Connor Richardson,

As HIP Health Plan of New York, we try hard to provide you with access to quality health care services that meet your needs. When we decide to deny coverage for treatment or service, we want to make sure you know why…

We look over the clinical and medical information given to us and check the criteria, guidelines and the rules of your health coverage policy to make our decision.

When we reviewed the information given to us about this request, we have decided to deny coverage of the following medical service(s) or item(s) that you or your provider asked for: Inpatient Hospitalization to St. Jude Hospital from 10/4/2017-10/10/2017. We have determined that the service(s) are not medically necessary.

This letter is your Initial Adverse Determination. This means we are denying your quest for coverage of the requested service(s).

[...]

The letter is addressing Connor as if he could read.

“He’s smart, but he’s not that smart,” says his father, retired NYPD Officer Wayne Richardson.

Read more:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/dear-baby-connor-your-coverage-is-denied?via=newsletter&source=DDMorning
vu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject: Medicare - check your co-pays! Reply with quote

I'm back from my physical therapy appt. Up through Dec. 31st, the co-pay
was $10. As of Jan. 1st, the co-pay is $40 !!!

Apparently all Medicare providers have raised their fees. Guess why. My
physical therapist said that, so far, several patients have said good-bye
because they can't afford the co-pays (what future health problems and
expenses will result from that?)!

Awful! very upset

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject: Republican Voters Get SLAPPED With Reality Reply with quote

Republican Voters Get SLAPPED With Reality
The Young Turks
Published on May 23, 2018
It turns out GOP voters aren’t immune to the terrible policies of their party.

https://youtu.be/wna42lGkw1k

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: