AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
A trip down memory lane

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angela

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: A trip down memory lane Reply with quote

Remember when...

Some of these were still around when I came to the States in December 1967, others I remember from my Parisian youth...Time flies...

Lost in the Fifties- Another Time, Another Place
Take a trip in time back to the Fifties and relive the culture, the icons and everyday life that made it a very special time. Also a brief look at the racism and McCarthyism that marked the era..

https://safeshare.tv/x/FEDEwZHZXu#v

Or : https://youtu.be/jjj9VKKSV2g

Annamite_en_France

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: A trip down memory lane Reply with quote

When I was a very small kid, my family had a car just like that. Those long cars with "wings" on the side. The kind of cars you see in old Pat Boone or Sandra Dee movies. shameless grin
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Cars from the 1950's Reply with quote

There are plenty of cars like that in Cuba too... Some restored and in great condition and some in so good condition.... I expect they will die out there eventually as more and more new cars are being imported from Europe and Asia as we saw lots of new cars when we were there early in 2010...
TT

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject: A Trip dDown Memory Lane, 1960's Reply with quote

Lost in The Sixties--The Winds of Change
Back to the turbulent Sixties. Experience the historical events, the pop culture & icons. A decade of change for America. Sequel to my Lost in the Fifties video and a prequel to Lost in the Seventies (coming soon).

https://youtu.be/AecWbS4auoo

This is closer to my time - I recognize more faces here than in the 50's video, LOL! Very Happy But also the pictures of the VN war... Sad
Viet Chick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: For me it would be... Reply with quote

... memories from a previous life, LOL!!!

I have no idea who most of those people are - I did recognize James Dean, Liz Taylor, Richard Burton in the 50's video, JFK of course, and Gregory Peck in shots from To Kill a Mockingbird in the 60's. But stuff from TV shows, I don't have a clue!!

Ditto for some of the things... I had to ask my older brother who told me about juke boxes, and the thingie you put on 45 rpm records to be able to play because the holes in those were too large. Why did they make holes of different sizes for 45 rpm and 33 rpm? confused

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Another memory lane Reply with quote

Flight over Saigon

https://youtu.be/EdIrwOhYYHI

Angelina

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Another memory lane - Not! Reply with quote

This is today's Saigon, or HCM City as they call it now. With lots of skyscrapers which weren't there when I was last there, over 40 years ago... This is a different city entirely. I'm not sure whether to Very Happy or Crying or Very sad

Be happy for the current Saigonese, I guess... Smile
murat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Saigon today Reply with quote

Wow, what a change! Last time I was there, it was in the late 90's. I don't like this town now, too americanized for my taste.

On the other hand, I like Hanoi, which managed to retain its historic charm, after having suffered so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: