AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Trump & Immigration
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Computer Whiz

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Immigrants vs.Natives Reply with quote

I forgot that you cannot read past one sentence.... Now it appears that you cannot read a complete sentence, and conveniently omit/skip the word ILLEGAL (or maybe you don't know the meaning of it). So you might need to take some class in Reading Comprehension or have someone explain the meaning of that word to you..

Now take break before reading the next sentence.

I have no problem with asylum seekers, seasonal workers or LEGAL immigrants. You want to come to work or live in the US, fine with me.

I am an immigrant, myself, and maybe you're one too, and probably at least 90% of the subscribers to this forum (So far I did not notice any Native American).

After all, the US, as is Australia, are countries made of immigrants (or invaders, as the rightful owners of these lands would be the Apaches, Cherokees, Navajos, Aboriginals or what have you).

But then apply for a visa, and wait for the permit. Don't climb the fence at night, hide under a truck or whatever trick you use to come in clandestinely and expect to be treated like LEGAL and lawful residents. (On a side note, it makes LEGAL immigrants look like idiots because they follow the rules).

Or your idea is to open all borders and have any one come and go to their liking? You have not responded to my input about crab pickers... Would Australia (or any other country) be willing to open their borders without questions and get maybe an influx of millions of people coming in, and then take care of them? European Countries are practically going bankrupt just taking care of LEGAL refugees, so imagine what would happen if they have to take care of EVERYONE who want to come in..

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Immigrants vs.Natives [Off topic!] Reply with quote

Computer Whiz wrote:
I am an immigrant, myself, and maybe you're one too, and probably at least 90% of the subscribers to this forum (So far I did not notice any Native American).

If by "Native American" you mean "Indian", we have Minisinoo who's partly Peoria Miami, and PurpleHawk who's part Cherokee (plus, a descendant of Sally Hemings and Jefferson) - I guess she counts for real true American. Unfortunately neither of them has posted in quite a while.

If you mean "born in the USA" and whose family immigrated over a couple of hundred years ago, you can count UnMask whose family, like my late husband's (who used to post as "Max" when he was alive), came to the US in the 1800's.

Apart from that, we have mostly members of the Vietnamese Diaspora, several Caucasian Americans, one New Zealander, one Aussie, several Brits (English or Irish). We also have several ethnic French and Belgian members who live in Europe.

I don't think Inkling would count as an immigrant in Australia - but she will when she moves to Ecuador, LOL!

AV is a veritable melting pot!!! Very Happy
ZeroG

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Trump manufacturing an immigration crisis Reply with quote

Trump manufacturing an immigration crisis
CNN
Published on May 6, 2018
CNN's Fareed Zakaria says that President Donald Trump is manufacturing an immigration crisis because it rallies his core base of voters.

https://youtu.be/jB9vFiH_3PE

Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Natives and Immigrants Reply with quote

Yes you are right Wildflower my great grandparents migrated to Australia in the mid 1850s and possibly arrived in the same year without knowing each other. One lot from Scotland and another from Devon in England and not sure about the others... super grin But I do not consider myself indigenous to this country since that honour goes to what we call the Aborigines who are now considered one of the oldest continuous surviving cultures on Earth so it seems and then we came along and wrecked everything. They knew how to control the land and keep it sustainable but then we came and cut down all the trees to grow wheat and run sheep and cattle resulting in droughts and floods to come because of the lack of trees etc. They had controlled during of the bush so they never had any major bushfires etc like we do now...They knew how to control the land and their environment and we still don't seemed to have learned this lesson.... Sad

Yes I will be and immigrant to Ecuador but luckily I can keep my Aussie citizenship as well....
super grin
Le NewYorkais

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: U.S. Will Separate Parents and Children at Border Reply with quote

Sessions: U.S. Will Separate Parents and Children at Border

Attorney General Jeff Sessions confirmed that the U.S. will be separating parents from their children if they cross the border illegally in a Monday conference in Arizona. “If you are smuggling a child then we will prosecute you, and that child will be separated from you as required by law,” Sessions said, according to NBC News. “If you don’t like that, then don’t smuggle children over our border.” In the pursuit of 100 percent prosecution of any and all who enter the border, children would be separated from their parents just as if a “US citizen convicted and jailed,” Trump administration officials said. The children, once their parents are convicted will be turned over to the Office of Refugee Resettlement, which refers them to relatives or to shelters. The Department of Homeland Security says 700 children have been separated from their parents since October 2017.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/sessions-parents-children-entering-us-illegally-will-be-separated-n872081
Le NewYorkais

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Natives and Immigrants Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
Yes I will be and immigrant to Ecuador but luckily I can keep my Aussie citizenship as well.... super grin

Do you have to take on Ecuadorian citizenship at all? A number of us here have lived in the US for decades without taking US citizenship... Being a legal permanent resident is enough.
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Natives and Immigrants Reply with quote

I want the citizenship so I don't need to pay for a visa when we travel to other South American countries which as an Aussie I would have to fork out money to get a visa in countries like Argentina and Chile and possibly other countries as well. My other half has citizenship of both Ecuador and Australia and uses either of the passports wherever it is most convenient. super grin
inkpot

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:19 am    Post subject: Undocumented Immigrants ‘Don’t Integrate Well' Reply with quote

John Kelly: Undocumented Immigrants ‘Don’t Integrate Well; They Don’t Have Skills’

White House Chief of Staff John Kelly has defended the Trump administration’s harsh policies against undocumented immigrants by claiming most of those seeking to illegally cross the U.S. border are “rural people” with limited skills. In an interview with NPR due to air on Friday’s Morning Edition, Kelly said the “vast majority” of undocumented immigrants are “not bad people” or criminals who belong to the MS-13 street gang, a narrative often pushed by President Trump himself. But they are also “not people that would easily assimilate into the United States into our modern society,” according to Kelly, the former Homeland Security secretary. “They’re overwhelmingly rural people. In the countries they come from, fourth-, fifth-, sixth-grade educations are kind of the norm. They don’t speak English; obviously that’s a big thing... They don’t integrate well; they don’t have skills,” he was quoted as saying. His comments come three days after the Trump administration vowed to separate families caught illegally crossing the U.S. border as part of a strict new “zero-tolerance” policy.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-kelly-undocumented-immigrants-dont-integrate-well-they-dont-have-skills
Herald

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Just shoot them!!! Reply with quote

Inspired By Gaza Killings, Ann Coulter Proposes Shooting Immigrants Trying to Cross U.S. Border Illegally
"If you shoot one to encourage the others, maybe they'll learn, but otherwise, we'll see, we'll see," Coulter said in a previous interview.
by Gillian Edevane

Following reports that Israeli forces killed 57 Palestinians and injured thousands more during Monday protests along the Gaza border, right-wing commentator Ann Coulter seemingly endorsed the efforts and suggested the U.S. take a similarly violent approach toward migrants attempting to cross into the U.S.

"Can we do that?" Coulter wrote on Twitter, linking to a New York Times article titled, "Israel responded with rifle fire to a mass attempt by Palestinians to cross a border fence, killing at least 28, Palestinian officials said."

Britain, France and Germany called for the Israeli government to exercise restraint in dealing with protesters, while the White House blamed militant group Hamas for the violence. The protests broke out as the U.S. embassy was officially moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and also coincided with the 70th anniversary of Israel’s founding.

Coulter, who has made a seven-figure fortune railing against progressive causes, has been one of the most public—and harshest—critics of illegal immigration. It's not the first time the conservative firebrand has proposed shooting migrants trying to enter the U.S. illegally. In an interview with radio program Right Wing Watch, Coulter suggested that using gunfire would send a warning.

"If you shoot one to encourage the others, maybe they’ll learn, but otherwise, we’ll see, we’ll see," she said, noting that President Donald Trump's proposed border wall was a more preferable option.

Although she was a staunch advocate for Trump during the 2016 election, Coulter has seemingly become disillusioned with the blustery business mogul—in large part due to her disappointment with the president's treatment of DACA and illegal immigration. In January, she opined that the president's meeting with Democrats on the issue was the nadir of Trump's presidency.

Read more:
http://www.newsweek.com/ann-coulter-shooting-immigrants-illegal-immigration-926672
Annamite_en_Amérique

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: USA: Somewhere No One Wants to Live Reply with quote

Satire from The Borowitz Report
G.O.P. Unveils Immigration Plan: “We Must Make America Somewhere No One Wants to Live”

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell unveiled his party’s long-awaited plan on immigration on Wednesday, telling reporters, “We must make America somewhere no one wants to live.”

Appearing with House Speaker John Boehner, McConnell said that, in contrast to President Obama’s “Band-Aid fixes,” the Republican plan would address “the root cause of immigration, which is that the United States is, for the most part, habitable.”

“For years, immigrants have looked to America as a place where their standard of living was bound to improve,” McConnell said. “We’re going to change that.”

Boehner said that the Republicans’ plan would reduce or eliminate “immigration magnets,” such as the social safety net, public education, clean air, and drinkable water.

The Speaker added that the plan would also include the repeal of Obamacare, calling healthcare “catnip for immigrants.”

Attempting, perhaps, to tamp down excitement about the plan, McConnell warned that turning America into a dystopian hellhole that repels immigrants “won’t happen overnight.”

“Our crumbling infrastructure and soaring gun violence are a good start, but much work still needs to be done,” he said. “When Americans start leaving the country, we’ll know that we’re on the right track.”

In closing, the two congressional leaders expressed pride in the immigration plan, noting that Republicans had been working to make it possible for the past thirty years.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/republicans-unveil-immigration-plan

Công Hòa Viêt-Nam Muôn Nam!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33

Jump to: