AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Music for Charity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Music and Poetry House
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjcuk13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Hugz Hugz Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
vu wrote:
I think the song is good — it’s commercial!

I don't think it's "commercial". In fact it was written about two years ago, before UnMask launched his "Charity Giving through Music" enterprise. Much to do with friends supporting each other, nothing to do with commerce.

I am not sure on this (music is not my strong point .... or spelling) but I am sure commercial is a type of music (there is definitely a dance style called commercial) I think it means it is marketable. If you get it out there to the public then a lot of people will buy it ...... or at least thats what I took it to mean Smile

Find me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/stacey.corner.37 please send me a message first so I know it is you Smile

Proud to be a
[/color]
Du Khach
Herald

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Hugz Hugz Reply with quote

Anémone wrote:
Beautiful poem on friendship! Thanks for sharing. blowing kiss love

Seems to me that more than friendship is involved in "warming [a] frozen heart". wink bleh love
Angelina

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Friendship Reply with quote

Du Khach wrote:
Seems to me that more than friendship is involved in "warming [a] frozen heart". wink bleh love

Actually, this is very similar to Françoise Hardy and Michel Delpech's duet "L'Amitié" ("Friendship") where they sing to each other that maybe one day when they're down and out, "I'll come and warm my heart by your fire" ("J'irai chauffer mon coeur à ton bois").

https://youtu.be/e1oeQnAfnhk

Hey why don't you two sing that as a duet too?
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Duets Reply with quote

Angelina wrote:

We might have if UnMask didn't have such a terrible accent in French that, the one time we did try, his part of the duet (not this duet, one I made from a French folk song) came out unintelligible!
Xuân Phong

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Duets Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
Angelina wrote:

We might have if UnMask didn't have such a terrible accent in French that, the one time we did try, his part of the duet (not this duet, one I made from a French folk song) came out uintelligible!

Could we have a sample anyway? If only for the laugh factor? bleh
UnMask

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: We are helping the Ronald McDonald House Reply with quote

Thanks to all of you for your comments. Hearts Music Hearts

The Ronald McDonald House takes care of the families of children who are terminally or seriously il and who have traveled far from home for treatment.

You donations truly help,, blowing kiss

Www.rmhct.com i$ where we make it happen! Exclamation
UnMask

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Hugz at Ronald McDonald House Reply with quote

UnMask wrote:
At www.rmhct.com if you go to the site we can see where everyone who looks is located. You don't have to donate to the Ronald McDonald House, but it would be fun to see who is the furthest away who dropped in.

People, I really appreciate your help with the Ronald McDonald project. Hits from Australia to Paris! Pretty cool!! Cool very happy
UnMask

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Ronald McDonald House's Hugs Reply with quote

Wildflower inspired the original "hugs" song (thank you!) and it has morphed into a fund raising song for the Ronald McDonald House at Yale - New Haven Hospital.

It is the most popular song we have on the Internet!!!!

www.rmhct.com

Thank You Wildflower and hugs to you. Hearts Music Hearts Music Hearts
UnMask

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: "Don't Mess with Texas" Reply with quote

Charlie & I finished this song for storm ravaged Texas Friday night. (Charlie is responsible for the results much more than I. ) Smile

Anyway, please enjoy. www.texastough2017.com

We made so many changes in the lyrics my set has to be re-done, and they are not on the device I am using now. So later... Smile Music Music Music

Please, if you enjoy the song, forward it to friends all over. It's fun seeing all the locations of the listeners... ten
UnMask

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Helping the Texas zoo with music Reply with quote

When we posted the "Ronald McDonald House of CT" site we had contacts from Sidney to Paris to.... all over....

Here's our music fund raising site for the Texas Zoo, which was wiped out by Hurricane Harvey... (the storm, not Weinstein)

Donate if you can!! they need all the help they can get...
Crying or Very sad

www.texaszoomusic.org

thanks to all Music Hearts Music Hearts Music blowing kiss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Music and Poetry House All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: