AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Non-political Humour in Pictures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mimosa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: A hodgepodge of wise sayings and wisecracks Reply with quote

Last edited by mimosa on Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
mimosa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: These are my favorites Reply with quote

These two are so cute... Hearts

These two I can totally relate to wink

mimosa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject: The Vietnamese language Reply with quote

The Illogic of the Vietnamese language... shameless grin

Vroom Vroom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: Math trick Reply with quote

This is amazing... I tried it with my own age, and the ages of several people I know, and it worked every time!!

http://www.avenueviet.com/forums/album_page.php?pic_id=1846

mimosa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Some old, some new but all pretty funny Reply with quote

mimosa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:30 am    Post subject: Some old, some new but all pretty funny - More! Reply with quote

mimosa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Math trick Reply with quote

Vroom Vroom wrote:
This is amazing... I tried it with my own age, and the ages of several people I know, and it worked every time!!

http://www.avenueviet.com/forums/album_page.php?pic_id=1846

A good-at-math friend of mine explained it. Sorry, it's in French and I don't have the skill to translate it. His point is that it only works for the year 2017, and in 2018 only for those who haven't had their birthdays yet.

In my friend's case, since he was born on 16 March 1952, after 16 March 2018, he'll have to use the 2nd formula: 78 - age + 40 (118 - age).

Quote:
Pour le truc mathématique, c'est assez simple, mais ça marche pour 2017, à la limite pour 2018 dans le cas de ceux qui n'ont pas encore eu leur anniversaire en 2018.

77 - âge + 40 est évidemment égal à 77 + 40 - âge et donc à 117 - âge

Si on faît 117 - âge (ou n'importe quel nombre finissant par 17 (dont bien évidemment 2017) - âge, on obtient forcément un nombre dont les deux derniers chiffres correspondent à l'année de naissance.

Maintenant, on est en 2018. Pour que ça marche maintenant, il faut que l'on change la formule comme suit par exemple 78 - âge + 40 (118 - âge).

Dans mon cas (né le 16 mars 1952, j'ai eu 65 ans le 16 mars 2017 et en aurai 66 le 16 mars 2018), avec la 1ère formule on obtient 117 - 65 = 52

Après le 16 mars 2018, il faudra prendre la 2e formule (118 - âge)

All that makes my head swim, but then I never was good at maths. bleh
mimosa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:25 am    Post subject: The Fourth Monkey Reply with quote

http://www.avenueviet.com/forums/album_page.php?pic_id=1875

The Fourth Monkey is the sum of the other three: It doesn't see, doesn't hear, doesn't speak. But he tweets!!! shameless grin

mimosa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject: 10 Road Signs That Will Make You Do A Double Take Reply with quote

10 Road Signs That Will Make You Do A Double Take

http://www.lifebuzz.com/signs-funny/?p=1&a=17&utm_source=ys2&utm_content=34155374902&utm_medium=NEWS_US&utm_campaign=LFB-US-DKT-YAH-FunnySigns

#1. Drop It Like It's Hot
Almost every sign has a functional purpose. They tell you the speed limit or your favorite restaurant's drink specials. But there are some signs out there that leave you giggling and wondering what the motivation behind the sign was. Some even look they're in the wrong place, like this one!

This sign is actually pretty creative and it's sure to get some laughs from the people passing by. We wonder if the church people knew of the man who sings the song and that he's a bit of a known sinner, well, according to them, at least. This sign has a very serious message, just like the next one on our list.

#2. Time To Reevaluate Your Life

This is surely one way to bring up the age-old discussion about what happens after we die. This sign will make anyone thinking about trespassing reevaluate their decisions. Maybe they'll go home and think about their life. Even if they don't, the sign's still there for some giggles, but not as much as this next one.

#3. Longer Recovery Time

It's the general consensus that Mondays tend to be the hardest day of the week, and every time the day approaches, we wish the weekends were longer. Well, this sign agrees with all of you and has decided to extend the weekend recovery time. No one would ever get anything done if weekends were extended like this. If you laughed at this sign, check out the next one!

#4. Learn From Their Mistakes

What makes this sign so funny is the fact that it's at the dry cleaners. It's one of those blatantly obvious signs, like "the coffee is hot." Even though it's pretty obvious what they mean, it's still an extremely unusual sign. At least it's not offensive (or is it?) like the sign in our next image is.

#5. What Are You Saying?

People refer to things as "the new black" all of the time. This sign is definitely going to draw a lot of attention because the person who created it turned the well-known phrase into something entirely different. This sign isn't just talking about colors, it's talking about humans! Do you think it's offensive? Think about that and check out the next image!

#6. Be Large And Shout

This sign gives great instructions on how to handle a mountain lion encounter, but it's not exactly comforting. It includes everything you need, except how to actually fight back if a lion attacks. This sign is no joke, unlike the next sign, so make sure you pay close attention to the advice!

#7. Got The Funny?

You would think that this was a clever way to get people to head into a bar downtown, but it's actually a sign in front of a gas station in Seattle. Sometimes people just want to put in a little extra effort in to make someone smile. If you thought this sign was funny, then you're sure to think the next ones is funny, too!

#8. Don't Update While Crossing The Street

Hayward, a suburb of San Francisco, wasn't exactly trying to be funny when they put up this new sign. It literally is dangerous to have your head stuck in the phone while you're trying to cross the street. People aren't expecting to see a sign like this, so it might actually work. This next sign probably doesn't work as well.

#9. Drink Up, Boys

Pinterest

These signs not only make us laugh, they serve as a reminder to not take things so seriously, as well. That Wendy's sign is certainly worth a second look because whoever put it up definitely wanted to make people laugh. Check out this next sign, which is pretty funny, but definitely not on purpose.

#10. Too Many Fields And No Opportunities

When you enter Iowa, they welcome you with a sign that offers "fields of opportunities," but perhaps what they really meant to offer was just fields, considering there are way more fields than actual opportunities. Unless you're looking for a farming opportunity, of course! If that's the case, than you're on the right path!
vu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: A cute furry fishmonger Reply with quote

A furry cute fishmonger! Pet cat minds a seafood stall while donning an imperial costume in Vietnam
    Chó the pet cat was taken to the market by his owner after being invited by the seafood stall in Hai Phong
    The three-year-old feline enjoys the company of people and likes posing for pictures, his owner said
    Adorable photos which appear to show Chó selling fish in an emperor costume have gone viral

The funny thing is that "chó" means "dog" in Vietnamese!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5472257/Pet-cat-dressed-like-emperor-minds-seafood-stall-Vietnam.html#ixzz595gBeFth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » The Funnies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: