AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
US Citizens move away! - Canada, NZ, etc.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LostInTranslation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: US Citizens move away! - Canada, NZ, etc. Reply with quote

Admin's Note - I changed the thread title because Canada is not the only destination for disgruntled US citizens, only the closest! Very Happy

Hey folks! This is some info for you just in case... wink

How to move to Canada and become a Canadian citizen
Business Insider

If the race between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump has you feeling disillusioned with American democracy, you may find yourself imagining a move to Canada. After all, it's a land where healthcare is free, people are friendly, and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau explains quantum computing just for laughs.

But actually becoming a citizen is tough: You need to live in Canada for at least six years, stay on your best behavior, and know a thing or two about the country you'll soon call home. For those who actually want to head up north, here's how you move to Canada.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-move-canada-2016-11
Drifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: 9 celebrities who say they'll move to Canada Reply with quote

9 celebrities who say they'll move to Canada if Donald Trump becomes president

With Election Day close and a Donald Trump presidency appearing increasingly likely, some of Hollywood's left-leaning stars are preparing to emigrate to the country up north if things go sour for them. "Breaking Bad" actor Bryan Cranston is the latest celebrity to suggest that he would leave the US for Canada in the event of a Trump victory in Tuesday's election. He joins the likes of Barbara Streisand, Chelsea Handler, and several others who are planning to cross the border into the land of liberal prime minister Justin Trudeau should Hillary Clinton lose. Here are 9 celebrities who say they'll move to Canada if Donald Trump becomes president: Bryan Cranston The "Breaking Bad" star, who previously...

https://amp.businessinsider.com/celebrities-move-to-canada-if-donald-trump-becomes-president-2016-11
Drifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: How to move to Canada and become a Canadian citizen Reply with quote

LostInTranslation wrote:
But actually becoming a citizen is tough: You need to live in Canada for at least six years, stay on your best behavior, and know a thing or two about the country you'll soon call home. For those who actually want to head up north, here's how you move to Canada.

I'm aware of that. My brother, for reasons I never fathomed, decided to move to Canada several years ago. He had to come to me with questions he didn't know or had forgotten the answers to - like the first names of our grandfathers and grandmothers on both sides, the exact dates and places of birth of our parents, the colour of their underwear and the age of the captain of the ship (the last two being French sayings equivalent to "everything but the kitchen sink", LOL!)

He and his wife made it, but it was pretty tough.
Kerowyn
Herald

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:44 am    Post subject: Canadian immigration site crashed Reply with quote

LostInTranslation wrote:
Hey folks! This is some info for you just in case... wink

How to move to Canada and become a Canadian citizen

It seems lots of people took your hint!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/canada-immigration-website-appears-crash-trump-lead-grows-042736610.html
Lyta

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:14 am    Post subject: You had three options... Reply with quote

Now it looks like you only have one if you didn't want Trump. Neutral

The Third Option
X

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Good luck, fellow Americans! Reply with quote

Kerowyn
Herald

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Good luck, fellow Americans! Reply with quote

X wrote:
"Watching for illegal Americans"

I love it!
X

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Good luck, fellow Americans! Reply with quote

Kerowyn wrote:
X wrote:
"Watching for illegal Americans"

I love it!

You are aware that those illegal Americans are the same group that extend their supports to the other illegals and now have to go on exile? Neutral wacko

Serve them right, eh? super grin

cry me a river
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Sheesh Reply with quote

Sheesh WW no sense of humour there is there....
dzu
Herald

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Sheesh ? Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
Sheesh WW no sense of humour there is there....

Who's "WW" and who doesn't have a sense of humour? Both Kerowyn and X have a "roll on the floor" smilie in their posts. So... confused

That picture was funny because it mocked the anti-"illegal immigrants" that Trump talked about. I think it's very funny, and I don't understand either your comment or who it is aimed at. I don't see anyone whose username is "WW" around here. Who and what are you talking about, Inkling? Are you following on Unmask's footsteps and "losing the plot", as you put it? Question bleh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: