AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Racism in America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UnMask

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Is Interracial better? Yes! Reply with quote

Another picture of Caroline, who's mixed Caucasian/Asian. Posted by her proud grandfather Very Happy

http://www.avenueviet.com/forums/album_page.php?pic_id=1806

http://www.avenueviet.com/forums/album_page.php?pic_id=1807

Admin's Note: I used Photobucket, the pic should be right side up now.
Do Quy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Cute kid! Reply with quote

Adorable, in fact. Congrats, UnMask! Very Happy
Viet Chick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Cute kid indeed! Reply with quote

Like Do Quy says, adorable! She's going to break a lot of hearts in a few years.

This is very strange. The two pictures are on upright on Mozilla Firefox, but are lying on their sides on Chrome. And I only saw Do Quy's post once, then it disappeared. Something's still not quite right with this site. Could our techie have a look-see?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Weird things after the crash Reply with quote

Viet Chick wrote:
This is very strange. The two pictures are on right on Mozilla Firefox, but are lying on their sides on Chrome. And I only saw Do Quy's post once, then it disappeared. Something's still not quite right with this site. Could our techie have a look-see?

There's a glitch somewhere with embedding pictures. Sorry people, you'll have to click on the links to see the pics. If not, it screws up the whole thread. That's beyond my capabilities to deal with, it's X's field of expertise.

Just click on the link to see the adorable little girl. No "biggie" as her granddad would say. wink

Note that on the previous page, the pic's still there, either upright or on its side depending on your browser. Don't ask me why, I'm not the tech, only the Admin. shameless grin
murat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Glitch? Reply with quote

Cute kid, but why are the pics lying on the side? Got a crink in my neck trying to have a good look. Is that the glitch you were talking about, WF?

Your grand-daughter is very pretty, UnMask! ten
UnMask

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Thank you for the nice comments about my grand daughter.

My next set will be Philipino/Caucasian..... I can't wait.. Smile
UnMask

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Photo's OK now Reply with quote

You can now look directly at my granddaughter's photo, right side up. Right at the top of this page. Thank you, Wildflower! hug
murat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Is France More Racist Than America? Reply with quote

Is France More Racist Than America?

Anyone reading the op-ed published in the New York Times on December 28, 2017, would believe French people are racists who turn a blind eye, while Americans at least recognize the discrimination inflicted on African-Americans.

This hypothesis is based on the misfortunes of a French journalist of African descent, Rokhaya Diallo, who has made the papers in America while stirring up little debate in France. Ms. Diallo was supposedly ousted from the French National Digital Council, a consulting committee similar to many others set up by different governments, and tasked with examining the impact of the Internet on society. This exclusion is claimed to have been caused by Ms. Diallo’s public positions condemning the "institutional racism," or even "state racism" rearing its head in France.

https://france-amerique.com/is-france-more-racist-than-america/?ct=t(FA_Hebdo_du_5_octobre_2017)
Anémone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: The Diallo case Reply with quote

The above article is for subscribers only, but it's easy to read on the Diallo case.

She's the perfect example of this new minority without complexes, descending from the colonial immigration. Her "message" is to denounce the "State racism" France is supposed to be guilty of against people from the former colonies who settled in France, and to find excuses for the criminal behaviour of the gangs and jihadists, citing social and economic exclusion of those "poor victims"...

I would like to say more about the NY Times article on Diallo's expulsion from the National Digital Council, but Céline Pina does it better than I could. Please do read to the end. (Sorry, non-French speakers, the article is in French - but you can look up the NY Times article on line.)

http://www.lefigaro.fr/vox/societe/2018/01/02/31003-20180102ARTFIG00191-eviction-de-rokhaya-diallo-celine-pina-repond-au-new-york-times.php
Bérénice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:14 am    Post subject: The Diallo case Reply with quote

Excerpt from Céline Pina's response to the NY Times:

Quote:
France has been a haven for numerous Black artists, because they were considered equal to Whites.

In that regard, don't forget that Alexandre Dumas was of mixed race, the son of a French nobleman and a black slave - He certainly fared better than the offspring of Jefferson and Sally Hemings! Everyone in the world knows who Alexandre Dumas is. Who, apart from the immediate family (families?) can name one offspring of Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings?

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
What was the race of Alexandre Dumas?
Thomas-Alexandre had been born in the French colony of Saint-Domingue (now Haiti), the mixed-race, natural son of the marquis Alexandre Antoine Davy de la Pailleterie, a French nobleman and général commissaire in the artillery of the colony, and Marie-Cessette Dumas, a slave of Afro-Caribbean ancestry.

Sans que jamais Titus puisse voir Bérénice?

In a month, in a year, how will we steel our hearts
My lord, to being from each other oceans apart?
And that day after day dawns and then dies
Without our ever being able to see each other's eyes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: