AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
9/11 - Fifteen years! - Sixteen now!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doan_Du
Herald

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: 9/11 - Fifteen years! - Sixteen now! Reply with quote

Al Qaeda can't let it pass:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/09/10/al-qaeda-leader-threatens-u-s-ahead-of-9-11-anniversary.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

Al-Qaeda Leader Threatens U.S. Ahead of 9/11 Anniversary

Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri appears in a new video released ahead of the 15th anniversary of 9/11, calling the attacks “blessed” and promising more such attacks to come. “We mark in these days the passage of nearly 15 years since the blessed invasions in Washington, New York, and Pennsylvania,” Zawahiri says, according to a translation by the SITE Intelligence Group. He also warns that “as long as your crimes continue, then the events of Sept. 11 will be repeated a thousand times, Allah permitting.” Zawahiri also seemed to lightly insult the Islamic State in the video, saying “real soldiers… do not impose themselves on you as rulers without your acceptance and consultation.” Analysts have said the video is likely an attempt by the group to remind the world they exist as the world recalls the events of Sept. 11, 2001.

Read it at International Business Times: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/al-qaeda-leader-ayman-al-zawahiri-threatens-us-thousands-9-11-style-attacks-1580643
Doan_Du
Herald

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Striking ray of light beams off World Trade Center Reply with quote

Striking ray of light beams off World Trade Center days before 9/11 anniversary

http://abc7ny.com/society/striking-ray-of-light-beams-off-wtc-days-before-9-11-anniversary/1504147/

15th Anniversary logo
Pols_R_Us

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Ahead of 9/11 Anniversary, FBI Arrests Kentucky Woman Reply with quote

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/ahead-9-11-anniversary-fbi-arrests-kentucky-woman-154505211--abc-news-topstories.html

Ahead of 9/11 Anniversary, FBI Arrests Kentucky Woman for Allegedly Promoting ISIS-Inspired Attacks
MIKE LEVINE, Good Morning America

Just days before the fifteenth anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks, federal authorities have arrested a Kentucky woman who allegedly advocated online for terrorist attacks in the U.S. and promoted ISIS propaganda through her social media accounts, according to sources familiar with the matter.

The woman, identified as 55-year-old Marie A. Castelli, allegedly lied to authorities when confronted about her activities, sources told ABC News. According to jail records, her 56th birthday is on Sunday, the same day as the anniversary of the worst terrorist attack on U.S. soil.

The FBI arrested Castelli Thursday.

Castelli has been charged with knowingly transmitting threats online, and with lying to the FBI when agents confronted her about her activities.

Castelli appeared before a federal judge today for an arraignment, and the judge ordered that she be detained pending any further court proceedings.

"There is no current threat to public safety related to this arrest, and it is not related to the upcoming anniversary of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001," the FBI said in a statement.

According to the indictment filed in the case, in October 2015 she posted messages with the names and addresses of three unidentified "victims," and "stated that others should locate execute" one of them. The indictment does not mention ISIS by name.

An arrest usually indicates charges have been filed in some form, but it's unclear when or how charges have been filed in this case. Defendants in similar cases are often charged -- at least initially -- with the lesser offense of lying to federal authorities during the course of an investigation.

[...]
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject: Bush and 9/11 Reply with quote

What do you all think about this? I guess a couple of you will at least like it.... What was said at the time of his reactions? I can't remember reading about them....

Handwritten notes reveal how George Bush really reacted to 9/11

Fifteen years after the 9/11 attacks, US press secretary Ari Fleischer has revealed his six pages of scribbled notes from air force One to Yahoo News and Reuters.

Fleischer told Yahoo that two sections are redacted — at 10:37 a.m. and 10:41 a.m. — when he wrote down the location of secure sites where Bush’s daughters, Barbara and Jenna, were taken.

The note starts when top political adviser Karl Rove tells the president about the first crash. The entry is labelled 8:45 a.m., a minute before the actual time of the first attack, and then skips to 9:45 a.m., with Bush aboard Air Force One.

“Sounds like we have a minor war going on here. I heard about the Pentagon,” Bush tells Vice President Dick Cheney.

“We’re at war,” Bush tells congressional leaders by phone a few moments later.

10:20 am: An entry notes that Bush “authorised shoot down if reason” — a reference to the president deciding that, if a hijacked plane was perilously on course to a potential target, fighter jets could open fire.
The false threat to Air Force One — “Angel is next” — then comes in from the White House at 10:32 a.m.

10:37 am: Bush asks Card about Barney. “He’s nipping at the heels of Osama bin Laden right now,” Card replies.

Five minutes later, Fleischer writes that Bush’s daughters are safe: “girls removed 2 safe house.”
Officials then receive word that a plane “has crashed in the vicinity of Camp David,” but Rove quickly corrects that to “50 [miles] outside of Pittsburgh.”

10:41 am: Bush is told his daughters were moved to a more secure location. “How did they take it?” he asks. “They wanted 2 stay in their apartments,” an aide responds.

10:55 am:Rove says that reports of a car bomb at the State Department were wrong.
11 am: Bush makes the decision to take US forces to the increased DEFCON 3 state of readiness.
12:25 pm: Bush tells Cheney who was at the air force Base in Louisiana: “I think it’s important 4 ppl 2 see the gov is functioning because TV shows our nation has been blasted and bombed. Gov is not chaotic. It’s functioning smoothly. We’re going 2 get the bastards.” And, later, the president declares, “It’s the new war. It’s the faceless coward that [attacks].”

12:40 pm: The president says, “I can’t wait to find out who did it. It’s going to take a while + we’re not going 2 have a little slap on the wrist crap.”
Bush talks with Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer at 12:55 p.m. “We’ll come together. God Bless.”
He then speaks with Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, saying it will soon be up to the Pentagon “to respond.”
Another inaccurate report comes in at 1:05 p.m. — “high-speed object heading 4 POTUS ranch” in Crawford, Texas.
1.25 pm: Bush says, “I want 2 go back home ASAP. I don’t want whoever this is holding me outside of Washington.”

1:35 pm: He says “this administration will spend whatever is necessary 2 find, hunt down, and destroy whoever did this.”
Bush speaks to New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Gov. George Pataki by phone at 2:25 p.m., promising to do “anything we can do to help you.” He also warns about “some possibility of a second wave” of attacks.
2:58 pm: Bush tells an aide “we need 2 get back to Wash. We don’t need some tinhorn terrorist to scare us off. The Am ppl want 2 know where their dang P is.”
4:26 pm: Bush tells his personal military aide that he’s going back to Washington.
4:39 pm: After a stop at Offutt air force Base in Nebraska, Bush speaks to first lady Laura Bush: “I’m coming home. See you at the White House. Love you … go on home.”

He adds, “If I’m in the WH and there’s a plane coming my way, all I can say is I hope I read my bible that day.”
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Bush and 9/11 Reply with quote

I knew about some of it. I still remember when he was told about the attack, and how he looked blank and clueless.

Also, it took him three days to show up at Ground Zero - until he was sure he was safe. Any other leader would have been there immediately.
Angelina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Remembering 9/11 Reply with quote

This painting, by Vietnamese-Canadian artist Vivi, was done just after 9/11/2001. It is titled "Prayers and Tears". Fitting for today! love Crying or Very sad

Prayers and Tears, by Vivi

Last edited by Angelina on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Annamite_en_Amérique

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Donald Trump’s Most Despicable Tweets About 9/1 Reply with quote

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/10/donald-trump-s-most-despicable-tweets-about-9-11.html

NEVER FORGET
Donald Trump’s Most Despicable Tweets About 9/11
Forget his lie about “thousands of Muslims cheering” or “hundreds of friends” who died, the Republican presidential nominee has long made the attack about himself

Donald Trump has a very public history of trying to make 9/11 all about himself, and also about attacking his own personal and political enemies. Furthermore, the GOP presidential nominee has a penchant for straight-up lying about what happened on September 1, 2001. (To say nothing of the fact that one of his closest allies and friends in media, right-wing radio host Alex Jones, is a 9/11 “truther.”)

Nowhere are Trump’s crass 9/11-related tendencies more prominently displayed than on his verified Twitter feed. On this solemn occasion, here are the 10 worst @realDonaldTrump tweets concerning 9/11.

10. Trump uses 9/11 to go after libertarian icon Ron Paul and The Donald’s foe Rosie O’Donnell.
[Go to link for the tweets, I couldn't copy them here]

9. Here’s Trump tweeting, and approvingly retweeting, about scores of “militant Muslims” in America delighting in the carnage of 9/11.

8. “...all kinds of youtube videos...”

7. Back during the Republican primary, Trump invoked 9/11 repeatedly to attack the Bush family. He “wanted to be nice,” but ended up not:

6. Did you know that Donald Trump predicted the 9/11 plot?

5. There was also when he used 9/11 to bash Obama and the president’s supposed “good friends in Libya and Egypt.”

4. For those searching for an emphatically pro-torture 9/11 tweet…

3. The Infowars link is what makes it.

2. No comment.
["Sexting begins 9/11"]

1. And finally, never forget:
Quote:
I would like to extend my best wishes to all, even the haters and losers, on this special date, September 11th.”

Công Hòa Viêt-Nam Muôn Nam!
Doan_Du
Herald

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: We will not forget! Reply with quote

President Obama: '3,000 Beautiful Lives' Lost on 9/11 Will Not Be Forgotten

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-mark-15th-anniversary-911-attacks-pentagon/story?id=42001498

President Obama delivered remarks outside the Pentagon today to memorialize the 15th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, telling gatherers that the "3,000 beautiful lives" lost that day will never be forgotten.

"We wonder how their lives might have unfolded -- how their dreams might have taken shape," Obama said during his last time overseeing an anniversary of Sept. 11 as president.

To the survivors of 9/11 and the families of victims, Obama said: "Even as you've mourned, you've summoned the strength to carry on."

"You've done your best to be a good neighbor, and a good friend, and a good citizen," he added. "You remind us there's nothing that Americans can't overcome."

Obama said that 15 years after the attacks, the threat of terrorism has evolved. The president then mentioned the "unspeakable violence" that has occurred in Boston, San Bernardino and Orlando. Groups like ISIS know "they'll never be able to defeat a nation as strong as America," so they hope to spark fear and change the way Americans live, the president said.

"We know that our diversity, our patchwork heritage, is not a weakness," the president said. "This is the America that was attacked that September morning. This is the America that we must remain true to."

After his speech, "America the Beautiful" was played on wind instruments.

Prior to the ceremony at the Pentagon, Obama privately observed a moment of silence inside the White House residence to mark the occasion, as flags across the nation fly at half-staff in remembrance of the victims of 9/11.

Defense Secretary Ash Carter and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford attended the ceremony at the Pentagon, where more than 180 people were killed after al-Qaeda terrorists crashed a jetliner into the building during the string of attacks.
vu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: What Clinton and Trump did on 9/11 Reply with quote

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump took different paths on that day. Their
experiences shaped them and their campaigns.

Read more:
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/trump-hillary-clinton-september-11-911-attacks-nyc-214236#ixzz4K5D9FN3C

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Sixteen Years now! Reply with quote

Sixteen years now!

But we don't forget!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: