AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
The Climate Change Debate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UnMask

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: CO2 Reply with quote

CO2 is used in fire fighting because it can be stored under pressure easily. It is used to displace oxygen and suffocate the fire.

We use it without masks because it dissipates quickly and is harmless in that use.

Carbon monoxide is unstable and removes free oxygen from the air (or blood stream) causing death very quickly. Crying or Very sad

Carbon dioxide is necessary for plant life and none of us would be alive without it. Plants suffocate if there is not enough. If you google green houses and carbon dioxide you will see that it is used to accelerate plant growth.

Eventually you might get enough in the atmosphere to harm animal life, but we are no where near having that happen.
Du Khach
Herald

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: CO2 Reply with quote

UnMask wrote:
Carbon dioxide is necessary for plant life and none of us would be alive without it. Plants suffocate if there is not enough. If you google green houses and carbon dioxide you will see that it is used to accelerate plant growth.

Eventually you might get enough in the atmosphere to harm animal life, but we are no where near having that happen.

We exhale carbon dioxide every time we breathe out. There's no way it's gonna run out for the plants. Right now there's too much and it's causing the Greenhouse Effect, trapping the heat inside the atmosphere - whence the warming climate, the melting of the icecaps, etc.

Pale sigh
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: There's deforestation too Reply with quote

The way the world is deforesting the planet and the way humans are abusing it unless something more is done to try and reverse the damage we have done it won’t be that long Unmask. Fortunately many states in the US realise Trumps denial and ignorance about climate change is dangerous and have chosen to ignore him and do something about it. I didn’t realise that Unmask had been a fireman.. I thought he had been a businessman fo some sort... so there you go....

When I was a child growing up in a small country town we lived next door to the Fire Station and I was friends with the daughter of the man in charge who was an electrician when he wasn’t fighting fires. We didn’t get that many but sometimes the siren would go off in the middle of the night so all the firemen in the town would know to get to the station quickly. We used to play on the one fire engine the station had since my friend lived upstairs above the station.

Oops went right off topic but in those days most fires were put out by water and not carbon dioxide which I think was used for for different types of fires which weren’t that common in our town. super grin
Wildflower

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: There's deforestation too Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
The way the world is deforesting the planet and the way humans are abusing it unless something more is done to try and reverse the damage we have done it won’t be that long Unmask. Fortunately many states in the US realise Trumps denial and ignorance about climate change is dangerous and have chosen to ignore him and do something about it. I didn’t realise that Unmask had been a fireman.. I thought he had been a businessman fo some sort... so there you go....

Good point about Deforestation, Inkling. That does more about killing plant life on the planet than the lack of carbon dioxide (which, unlike the ozone layer, is not depleting).

UnMask was a fireman in lieu of military service. He is still a businessman.
Angelina

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject: Fireman UnMask Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
UnMask was a fireman in lieu of military service. He is still a businessman.

Was his favorite part of being a fireman being able to do mouth-to-mouth ressuscitation, especially on pretty girls? bleh

Oops! Off-topic and wrong thread! Embarassed wink
GalleonFlame

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:12 am    Post subject: Trump's climate change view might surprise you Reply with quote

Scaramucci: Trump's climate change view might surprise you
Anthony Scaramucci, President Trump's former communications director, weighs in on Trump's first year in office.

https://youtu.be/t3yms-K3gHA

inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: LOL, Angelina! Reply with quote

Ooh Angelina you naughty girl...lol super grin

On another note it must be getting very crowded in the part of Trump’s anatomy where the sun never shines with all those Deplorables trying to crawl up it ... Must be a horrendous traffic jam in that region..... super grin

Last edited by inkling7 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
UnMask

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Mouth To Mouth Reply with quote

I never got to do mouth to mouth with a pretty woman, at least in an emergency situation...

But I did request it after a bicycle accident where I lay in the street gasping for air.

The ambulance pulled up and a beautiful medic got out and came over to me. Having no air in my lungs at that moment, I pointed to my mouth- requesting Mouth to Mouth resuscitation.

She smiled and said "no"... Crying or Very sad

I survived.

Inkling you are right, CO2 is used for electrical and liquid fires like gasoline (small fires). Smile

In the USA we have reforested large areas. Most of the New England states and the Skyline Drive/Blue Mountain Parkway are two examples. But then we burn up large parts of the west and the carbon goes back up...

In Canada the Cree Nation plants a gazillion trees every year. Smile

I know, some was off topic, but I had to go off topic to respond to the off topics... Confused
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Managing land Reply with quote

Unmask you made me chuckle with your remark about your remarks about off topic remarks lol...

Actually the original indigenous people here in Australia did a very controlled burn off every so often to stimulate growth and prevent huge bushfires apparently and the National Parks and Wildife mob try;to do something similar but lack the success of the Aborigines had as we still have lots of bushfires that can get out of control... I think the Kooris managed the land a lot better than we do.... super grin
UnMask

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Same thing here Reply with quote

Well, the American Indians did the same brush burn here in New England.

Kept the fire load from getting too big, brought in new growth to feed the grazing animals...

Eco-freaks here don't like burning the undergrowth here. Where they purchased and manage the forests the fires end up destroying everything.... Pacific Northwest...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 14 of 24

Jump to: