AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Anti-Asian racism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anémone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject: Muslims, Asians and "regular French" Reply with quote

http://m.nouvelobs.com/societe/20160822.OBS6664/meurtre-a-aubervilliers-la-violence-s-intensifie-contre-la-communaute-asiatique.html?xtor=EPR-1-%5BObsActu8h%5D-20160823#

Le 4 septembre, il y aura une manifestation à Paris avec toutes les composantes de la communauté asiatique. On espère une réaction du monde politique. Jusqu'ici, personne ne s'indignait. Que dirait-on si c'était une personne d'une autre minorité ?

On 4 September, there will be a demonstration in Paris with all elements of the Asian community. We are hoping for a response from the political world. Up to now, nobody has expressed outrage. What would they have said if it had been someone from a different minority group???

The Chinese Asoociation in France has well understood Political Correctness!!
Anémone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Muslims, Asians and "regular French" Reply with quote

Mind you, most of the Asian population in France now is 3rd of 4th generation. They're almost more French than the French, most of the Vietnamese kids don't even speak much Vietnamese any more (same in the US, and it's only the Znd generation there).

I'm thinking of a restaurant in the XIIIe arrondissemnt, called "Du côté de chez Xuân" - How many "native" French would realize it's a clever play of words on Proust's masterpiece "Du côté de chez Swann" ???
DDuôi Heo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Muslims, Asians and "regular French" Reply with quote

Anémone wrote:
I'm thinking of a restaurant in the XIIIe arrondissemnt, called "Du côté de chez Xuân" - How many "native" French would realize it's a clever play of words on Proust's masterpiece "Du côté de chez Swann" ???

How many Muslims would realize it? My opinion? Close to zero! - with the exception of academics like Wildflower's friends. Algerians, moslty, who were as much into French culture as the Vietmamese are. Most of whom speak more grammatically correct French than most Caucasian French.

"Du côté de chez Xuân" is a cultural/linguistic masterpiece.

And you know what? I always felt perfectly integrated in French society until those damn Muslims showed up, beat and killed Aisans, and no one seemed to care. Very Mad

Doesn't look like non-Asian AV members care much either, apart from the French ones like Murat and Anémone. Not a single Anglo-Saxon voice has been raised in this thread.
UnMask

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reminds me Reply with quote

We have a slightly different problem in US. If an African American gets murdered by another African American.... Well, so what?

AF lives are cheap in our cities.... Sort of like Asians in France... Crying or Very sad
vu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: I'm surprised and shocked Reply with quote

UnMask wrote:
AF lives are cheap in our cities.... Sort of like Asians in France... Crying or Very sad

I always thought the Asians were very well integrated in France. I had no idea of this kind of situation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Integration Reply with quote

Asians ARE well-integrated in France, among the white people.

The racism against them comes from the Arabs. Like anti-Semitism against Jews (the Arabs being Semites too, in case you've forgotten)

Did any of you stop to think that the same thing happens to white people victims of isolated attacks by those Moslems? There is outrage at massacres like the one at the Bataclan, yes. But isolated incidents go unreported too, even when the victim is white. We don't hear about them, well, because they are unreported. Some neighbours of the victim may complain, but it doesn't reach the public because the media don't give a damn. It's not sufficiently politically incorrect.
Wildflower

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Integration Reply with quote

DDuôi Heo wrote:
Asians ARE well-integrated in France, among the white people.

The racism against them comes from the Arabs. Like anti-Semitism against Jews (the Arabs being Semites too, in case you've forgotten)

Did any of you stop to think that the same thing happens to white people victims of isolated attacks by those Moslems? There is outrage at massacres like the one at the Bataclan, yes. But isolated incidents go unreported too, even when the victim is white. We don't hear about them, well, because they are unreported. Some neighbours of the victim may complain, but it doesn't reach the public because the media don't give a damn. It's not sufficiently politically incorrect.

Agreement with you Dduôi Heo! Isolated ttacks against non-Jewish whites go unreported most of the time. There are sometimes reports of Caucasians being assaulted in the "off-limits" Arab neighbourhoods, however. People forget that, and are a little to call the white French "racists". Mostly, they are not against Asians. They didn't use to be against Arabs until these became radicalized. Antisemitism has largely disappeared. Racism against Blacks, though, is still around, mostly among older people. Remember the outrage when it came out that Prince Albert of Monaco was revealed to have a Black love child?

Welcome back, btw, long time no see! Very Happy
Annamite_en_France

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: The fight against racism Reply with quote

I'm bumping this up to respond to Angela's post on anti-Semitism in France.
Du Khach
Herald

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: GOP Congressman Sorry for Asian Slur Reply with quote

GOP Congressman Sorry for Asian Slur
Lawmaker Regrets Comparing Town Halls to ‘Orientals’ in Maoist China
Rep. Mike Bost cited “Orientals” while defending lack of constituent meetups.

Rep. Mike Bost (R-IL) on Thursday walked back remarks he made this week when he criticized the practice of in-person town-hall meetings with constituents. Bost, quoted in The Southern Illinoisan, had said: “The amount of time that I have at home is minimal, I need to make sure that it’s productive. You know the cleansing that the Orientals used to do where you’d put one person out in front and 900 people yell at them? That’s not what we need. We need to have meetings with people that are productive.” Bost told CNN in a statement that he now regrets that phrasing and that there was “no malicious intent” meant by the analogy. “I used a poor choice of words in describing the coordinated disruptions taking place across the country. While there was no malicious intent, I regret that my words may have distracted from an important point,” Bost said. “When the booing and shouting drowns out the conversation we’re trying to have with our constituents, it becomes that much harder to govern. It’s time for Republicans and Democrats to get back to the point where we can disagree on the issues but give everyone a chance to have their voice heard.”

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/02/politics/mike-bost-struggle-sessions/
murat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Asians in France: "We are French!" Reply with quote

They made a video clip to state that categorically. In French with English subtitles.

https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/culture-loisirs/l-oeil-du-web-le-clip-des-asiatiques-de-france-pour-dire-nous-sommes-francais-1490288253
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: