AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Russian Roulette: Michael Isikoff & David Corn
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UnMask

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Russian Roulette: Michael Isikoff & David Corn Reply with quote

I purchased the book: "Russian Roulette" by Michael Isikoff and David Corn.

Michael Isikoff is a familiar name to me. He wrote for the Washington Post and is a visiting commentator on TV news shows.

David Corn I don't know of. He's an analyst for MSNBC.

I just scanned and then started reading the book for real.

The book starts with the story of how the Miss Universe contest got to Moscow and how Trump was fixated on building a hotel in Moscow. Trump was full of himself, no surprise. He did get permission... for a while...

I started the next chapter, about Hillary as Secretary of State dealing with Medvedev and Putin. Its wonkie stuff, but I am enjoying the part about saving the tigers...

Anyway, I skipped ahead to the Glenn Simpson/Christopher Steele section... "The Dossier".

On page 140 we learn, as an aside, that President Obama hired Fusion GPS to go after Governor Romney, his opponent. He did not report the expenses, hiding them as attorney fees to Perkins Coie... the same law firm Hillary would use to hide her payments to Fusion GPS four years later.

Fusion GPS was also hired by Russians. Preveson was a company accused of money laundering, and when the legal dust settled the Magnitsky Act was passed. Who else was involved here?

Why Natalia Veselnitskaya, of course. The woman who went to Trump Towers to discuss lifting sanctions against Russia and over turning the Magnitsky Act. (We now know Natalia met with Glenn Simpson just before the Trump Tower meeting and afterwards.) The meeting was used to promote the theory of collusion. (But Natalia's connections with Glenn and meeting him before and after the Trump Tower meeting....While Fusion GPS and Glenn were being paid by Hillary and the DNC make it look more like a 'set up'. UnMask))

From the book directly:
"Over time, more than $1 million in Hillary For America and DNC funds would be paid to Fusion GPS in fees and expenses. Yet many of the top officials at the Clinton campaign and the DNC were not aware of the arrangement and what Fusion GPS was up to. When, months later, when Donna Brazile, then the interim DNC chair, picked up on rumors about the firm's research in Russia, she confronted Elias and demanded an explanation. He brushed her off, according to Brazile, and said, "You don't want to know about it."

But I found this tid bit new and interesting:
"Simpson wanted to keep the Trump project going. So he and his partner, another former Wall Street Journal reporter named Peter Fritsch, had pitched Marc Elias, the Democratic lawyer who served as both chief counsel for the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee."

In other words, Hillary and the DNC did not go looking for this project against Trump, it was brought to them by Glenn Simpson! He wanted to keep the money flowing in after the Republicans left!

So here is the "Collusion Story", and it is the Democrats. Money from the DNC and Hillary go to Perkins Coie. The money is laundered over to Fusion GPS. Fusion GPS gives $30,000 a month to Christopher Steele and he puts together the Dossier against Trump from Russian information. Natalia makes her trip, with what looks to be guidance from Fusion GPS, over to Trump Tower.

I'll do more reading and fill you in on the good stuff.
Viet Chick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: My head is spinning... Reply with quote

Too much info... I lose track... my head is spinning and I'm totally confused... crazy

So, the collusion is by the Democrats. Do I take it that Clinton colluded with the Russians to lose the election? Are we back to that again? She didn't want to be president and would rather have Trump do the job? confused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: My head is spinning... Reply with quote

Viet Chick wrote:
Too much info... I lose track... my head is spinning and I'm totally confused... crazy

So, the collusion is by the Democrats. Do I take it that Clinton colluded with the Russians to lose the election? Are we back to that again? She didn't want to be president and would rather have Trump do the job? confused

The collusion is at least with the Democrats. Clinton/DNC wanted the information to use against Trump, and they used it. They also got caught.

Then Steele goes to court to defend himself against a lawsuit from the Russians with whom he made statements about in the dossier. He disavowed the accuracy of what he gave the
FBI and everyone else. The court case was the first week of January, 2018.

1. The DNC/Clinton is approached by Fusion GPS and offered opposition research services, picking up where the Republicans left off.

2. DNC/Clinton funds go through Perkins Coie law firm (to give attorney-client privilege to the transaction) to Fusion GPS. We know this because Fusion GPS says that happened.

3. Fusion GPS retains Christopher Steele to find out information from his contacts in Russia. He gets a base pay of $30,000 per week. He pays Russians for information.

4. The Russians send back all the crap that appeared in the dossier. The flow of information is steady.

5. So far all is legal, except that collusion occurs with Russia. (Collusion is not a crime, it is just stupid.)

6. Steele calls Fusion GPS and has Glenn Simpson (founder of Fusion GPS) fly over to London to see the dossier in person.

7. The dossier is "shopped" to the media, but they all refuse to use it.

8. The dossier is taken to the FBI, and that is where the laws and internal rules start to be broken in reference to the dossier. This adds to the lying and leaks by Comey, McCabe, Brennan and whomever set up the form 302 for the FISA court.

I do notice that only one person has responded to this trail of information. wave hello goodbye
Le NewYorkais

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Threads with no responses Reply with quote

Several threads/posts don't have many responses, though they do have visitors. I have yet to see responses to Whomping Willow's posts.

Anyway - in this particular case - maybe most readers don't believe in the Clinton Collusion theory the way other readers dismiss the Trump Collusion theory, or in global warming and don't bother to post? wink super grin
UnMask

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Threads with no responses Reply with quote

Le NewYorkais wrote:
Several threads/posts don't have many responses, though they do have visitors. I have yet to see responses to Whomping Willow's posts.

Anyway - in this particular case - maybe most readers don't believe in the Clinton Collusion theory the way other readers dismiss the Trump Collusion theory, or in global warming and don't bother to post? wink super grin

That is a very plausible theory, as this, at a minimum, is unexpected.

It is backed up by banking records, trial transcripts, event records, federal reporting documents, media reports, FBI internal emails and maybe something else.... Smile

Here is an area where the final act is controlled by Trump.

Oh, and the book written by two left wingers associated with MSNBC.
Wildflower

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Too many events Reply with quote

I'm too busy at the moment, watching movies, old and new, reading "Fire & Fury: Inside the Trump White House" (very entertaining and instructive, even if you have to take it with a BIG grain of salt) and overseeing this site, not to mention this latest thunderclap about Sarkozy being arrested - plus, I just had some heavy dental surgery and spent half the day sleeping to recover - to delve into this new book. I will, though, eventually.

I'll just keep monitoring this thread and see what comes up. Very Happy
Anémone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Whose collusion? Reply with quote

Frankly, my dears, we in France don't give a damn. bleh
Le NewYorkais

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Also in "Russian Roulette" Reply with quote

Michael Isikoff To Chris Hayes: 50/50 That The 'Pee Tape' Is Real
MSNBC
Published on Mar 15, 2018
Michael Isikoff and David Corn explore the relationship between Trump and Putin, interference in the 2016 presidential election, the claims in the infamous Trump dossier, and more in their new book "Russian Roulette."

https://youtu.be/AGFQyMo1o2M

Kerowyn
Herald

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: Russian Roulette, the book Reply with quote

UnMask wrote:
It is backed up by banking records, trial transcripts, event records, federal reporting documents, media reports, FBI internal emails and maybe something else.... Smile
[...]
Oh, and the book written by two left wingers associated with MSNBC.

Global warming/Climate change is supported by 90+% of the world's scientists, including the late Stephen Hawking, the most brilliant physicist of our times, and by all the governments in the world except the current US administration - besides what we can see before our very eyes - and yet you don't believe in it... So your comparison can easily be turned against you.

This said, even if we believe all that's in the book (as for myself, the jury's still out), why would we have to comment on it?

Quote:
I do notice that only one person has responded to this trail of information. wave hello goodbye

That was, what, about a day or so after you first posted it. With all that's happening with lightning speed these days, why would you expect everyone to give priority to your comment on a book that's not going to evolve or change while we are busy following fast new developments? Very self-centered of you. Rolling Eyes bleh
UnMask

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject: More on the book Reply with quote

The book makes the point that if only 77,000 people voted differently Hillary would be president.

Therefore Russia affected the election by throwing it to Trump.

But that is simplistic, and the Russians did not know where to put their minuscule marketing efforts to elect Trump. However the authors want you to believe that Russia wanted Trump to win.

I believe the book really shows that Russia wanted to create chaos in the election and didn't care who won.

Russian Agents to Christopher Steele to Fusion GPS to Perkins Coie to Hillary is the flow of disinformation AGAINST Trump. Why would Russia do that if they wanted Trump to win?
Disinformation about Trump was also diverted to the media against the FBI's orders.

Natalia Veselnitskaya was managed by Fusion GPS in the attempt (partially successful) of framing Trump with the charges of "Russian Collusion". Why would the Russians want to hurt their "favored candidate"?

The book gives barely 2% of its pages to the anti-Trump activities of Russia. Knowing what is going on I believe entire books will be written about the Anti-Trump campaigns by Russia.

Russia wanted election chaos and division of America. They were wildly successful. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: