AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
The Meet and Greet Pub, version 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Internaute

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:57 am    Post subject: The Meet and Greet Pub, version 3 Reply with quote

Admin's Note: The New Year, perfect time to open a new version of our Socializing Thread! Very Happy

Eve of 2016
Anémone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: It's 2016 in France! Reply with quote

Happy New Year, one and all! Hearts

Bonne Année 2016!
Steph-Le-Fou-de-Paris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Bonne Année à tous! Reply with quote

Happy New Year, everybody!balloons wine gift

May 2016 be a wonderful year for all of us!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Happy Holiday Reply with quote

Happy New Year from the Left Coast of the US--where there remain a remnant of right-wing holdouts.

Even in Tacoma, where the LGBT folk take over downtown from dusk til well after midnight.

Can anybody tell me what "Whisper to the Lamppost" means? I don't think it's a Chronicles of Narnia reference...
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
Kerowyn
Herald

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Happy Holiday... under the lampost Reply with quote

Happy New Year, everyone!! hug Hearts

Laurelluin wrote:
Can anybody tell me what "Whisper to the Lamppost" means? I don't think it's a Chronicles of Narnia reference...

I don't know the context you got that from, but it may be a reference to this song by Ed Sheeran:

https://youtu.be/gAiEuPetvag

Music When I'm away
I will remember how you kissed me
Under the lamppost
Back on 6th street
Hearing you whisper through the phone,
"Wait for me to come home." Music
Angelina

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: Happy Holiday... under the lampost Reply with quote

Kerowyn wrote:
I don't know the context you got that from, but it may be a reference to this song by Ed Sheeran:

That's a beautiful song! I never heard of it before, nor of the singer for that matter, but thanks Laurelluin for asking the question, and thank you Kerowyn for the link! I downloaded it to my playlist right away!

Happy New Year, to all of you and your loved ones. May 2016 bring you health, happiness, and the coming true of all your wishes. 10,000 of them at least, as we say in Vietnamese: Vạn sự như ý" very happy
murat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:25 am    Post subject: Happy New Year 2016! Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I just flew back from France today.

Before leaving, I took this picture in Antibes, on my favourite beach.

http://www.avenueviet.com/forums/album_page.php?pic_id=1469
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Holiday... under the lampost Reply with quote

Kerowyn wrote:
Happy New Year, everyone!! hug Hearts

Laurelluin wrote:

Music When I'm away
I will remember how you kissed me
Under the lamppost
Back on 6th street
Hearing you whisper through the phone,
"Wait for me to come home." Music

Context in this case would be the gay pride "first night" parade in Downtown Tacoma. Since the very concept of gay pride is anathema to me (it's like saying thieives' pride or murderers' pride or adulterers' pride or liars' pride) I have no idea what they're talking about and would likely find it repulsive to look into it much.

I'm going to put my earbuds in and listen to the song, though.
The Turning Tower

Last edited by Laurelluin on Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kerowyn
Herald

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Holiday... under the lampost Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
Context in this case would be the gay pride "first night" parade in Downtown Tacoma. Since the very concept of gay pride is anathema to me (it's like saying thieives' pride or murderers' pride or adulterers' pride or liars' pride) I have no idea what they're talking about and would likely find it repulsive to look into it much.

I'm going to put my earbuds in and listen to the song, though.

The song is about heterosexual love, so you can listen to it without fear. It's a beautiful duet, I particularly like the melody of the parts that the woman sings.

Obviously, this is not what your "whispering under the lamppost" is about... I haven't the faintest idea what it means in terms of gay pride.
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: The song Reply with quote

I listened. Not closely enough to be sure about the couple's dynamics, but 'tis indeed a pretty song. Not my favorite topic, though. I've soured a bit on sappy romantic love songs.

I don't want to research the gay pride whisper to the lamp post thing though. I like lamp posts, and because of Narnia most of my lamp post connotations are good ones. Gay pride could quickly spoil that for me.
The Turning Tower
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 1 of 63

Jump to: