AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Video on Autism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Music and Poetry House
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mimosa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Video on Autism Reply with quote

Well done, Sis!! Beautiful song! Music
Bécassine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Video on Autism Reply with quote

Beautiful song! clap
Asteria

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Video on Autism Reply with quote

What versatile talent you have, Fleur! Your strong point is love songs. But you do marvelously well with this kind of video too. Also Where Have All the Flowers Gone. All make me want to cry. Crying or Very sad
UnMask

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Thank you all Reply with quote

I'm glad you all enjoyed Wildflower's, Julia's and my work.

I'm in the middle of getting the written agreements necessary to have our work appear on the websites of different charities.

I wrote two songs today for our local senior center to use. I hope to have them done by Friday and if Wildflower wants to put the icing on the cake that would be wonderful...

Postings when possible... Music Hearts Music
Wildflower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Video on autism Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
But we don't grow out of it. An autistic child grows up into an autistic adult. wave hello goodbye

So showing autistic adults would be nice, too. Smile

In this case, since the singer is a mother talking to her child, we couldn't really put in an autistic adult. Other kids are a different matter, mothers identifying with the singer can have boys and/or girls. But an adult wouldn't have fit into the lyrics. Sorry, dear! Sad
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Video on autism Reply with quote

True.

But autistic adults often struggle to show and receive love, too.

Only four words in that song would need to be changed for it to be relevant to someone who loved an autistic adult and was struggling to understand him or her. I shut down sometimes. I get sensory overload to the point where I can't laugh or smile or speak, and believe me, Sage feels the same level of frustration in those times as a parent who can't reach an autistic child.

I'm not trying to nitpick the song--the words and the sentiment are beautiful.

I am coming at it from the other side compared to most people, though. Apparently it's hard to understand how it feels to be autistic if you're not.
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Video on autism Reply with quote

Well even autistic adults can have parents who would feel the same way about their son or daughter with this condition and they often feel their adult child will always need them to care for them and so I suppose the song could be about them too......
Wildflower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Video on autism Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
True.

But autistic adults often struggle to show and receive love, too.

Only four words in that song would need to be changed for it to be relevant to someone who loved an autistic adult and was struggling to understand him or her.

Yes, but UnMask wrote this song specifically for a friend of his who has a young autistic son, as I've said before. It's a bit late to modify the song now. Sorry about that, Laure! Sad

Quote:
I am coming at it from the other side compared to most people, though. Apparently it's hard to understand how it feels to be autistic if you're not.

Yes and we greatly value your input. It's a pity we hadn't discussed this before UnMask wrote his song. He actually wroe it some years ago, before he became active on AV, and before he thought of putting his songs out for a public audience. He had no idea that one day an autistic adult would see it. Until a few weeks ago, he didn't think anyone but close friends would.

BTW, didn't you and Stacey (sjcuk13) have a long discussion about autism once? It was at a time the site was closed, but I remember seeing your discussion on email. Stacey seems to have dropped out, I wish she'd come back in and put in her several cents' worth.
Angelina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Video on autism Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
Well even autistic adults can have parents who would feel the same way about their son or daughter with this condition and they often feel their adult child will always need them to care for them and so I suppose the song could be about them too......

But as Wildflower reminded us, UnMask wrote the song for a mother with a young child. You can't ask him to rewrite the song now. Or Wildflower to redo the video. All these suggestions after the fact are not very helpful. Why picking at the song now after having praised it? It's not very nice to UnMask and Wildflower.
LadyOnTheMoon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Video on autism Reply with quote

Angelina wrote:
But as Wildflower reminded us, UnMask wrote the song for a mother with a young child. You can't ask him to rewrite the song now. All these suggestions after the fact are not very helpful. Why picking at the song now after having praised it? It's not very nice to UnMask and Wildflower.

I agree with Angelina. It's a beautiful song - heart-rending, as Laurelluin put it - and a touching video. Why not just leave it at that? Or if you must ask Unmask if he can write another song for autistic adults. Picking on the song now is unfair.
Ôm một mối mơ Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Music and Poetry House All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: