AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Tribute to Willie Dixon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Music and Poetry House
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UnMask

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Tribute to Willie Dixon Reply with quote

This here is my latest published song, a tribute to him to commemorate his 100th birthday.

Quote:
William James "Willie" Dixon (July 1, 1915 – January 29, 1992) was an American blues musician, vocalist, songwriter, arranger and record producer. A Grammy Award winner who was proficient on both the upright bass and the guitar and as a vocalist, Dixon is perhaps best known as one of the most prolific songwriters of his time. Next to Muddy Waters, Dixon is recognized as the most influential person in shaping the post-World War II sound of the Chicago blues.

Dixon's songs have been recorded by countless musicians in many genres as well as by various ensembles in which he participated. A short list of his most famous compositions includes "Hoochie Coochie Man", "I Just Want to Make Love to You", "Little Red Rooster", "My Babe", "Spoonful", and "You Can't Judge a Book by the Cover". These tunes were written during the peak of Chess Records, 1950–1965, and performed by Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, and Bo Diddley; they influenced a worldwide generation of musicians.

Dixon also was an important link between the blues and rock and roll, working with Chuck Berry and Bo Diddley in the late 1950s. His songs were covered by some of the biggest artists of more recent times, such as Bob Dylan, Cream, Jeff Beck, the Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and the Rolling Stones.

The video is, of course, by Wildflower, who did as usual a great job. Hearts

https://vimeo.com/132980950

Wildflower

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:48 pm    Post subject: Tribute to Willie Dixon Reply with quote

This is the most boring (to me) video I ever made, but the Dixon fans liked it, raved about it. They even sent me some very nice flowers (delivered by UnMask) to thank me. Very Happy
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: Tribute to Willie Dixon Reply with quote

I didn't find it boring - I rather liked it and remember Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry, Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones singing many of his songs... super grin
Wildflower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject: Congratulations received Reply with quote

This is what the Blues Heaven Foundation guy, who sent me the flowers, wrote:

Quote:
I just want to let you know what a fantastic job I think that you have done on this video!

Truly awesome and amazing!

Thank you so much for such a great effort!

Bill Banks 😎🎢🎸

Well, as we said before, there's no accounting for taste. To me (and to my sister) the video was boring - but then we're not into Blues music...

They wanted me to make more videos on Willie Dixon's songs, but I declined. I make videos only on songs that inspire me. The Willie Dixon tribute was an exception, done as a favour to, and in collaboration wth, UnMask. Confused
Wildflower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Tribute to Willie Dixon Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
I didn't find it boring - I rather liked it and remember Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry, Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones singing many of his songs... super grin

Well, good! I'm sure UnMask and the Blues Heaven guys and gals will appreciate that. Cool
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject: Tribute to Willie Dixon Reply with quote

But then again I love the Blues and Rhythm and Blues and the Rolling Stones et al... super grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Music and Poetry House All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: