AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Courtesy, gallantry, "dating" - ROMANCE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: The Princesse de Clèves Reply with quote

I remember the movie well, though I saw it decades ago. I found this picture of the Princess and the Duke dancing together.

The Princess and the Duke

The Princess and the Duke together

With her husband (played by Jean Marais)

Last edited by Wildflower on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: La Princesse de Clèves Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
Yes I agree she was a complete fool not to pursue her happiness and for making apromise at the deathbed of her husband... I would have toldl him I hadn't slept with the other bloke and left it at that... Was this real fiction though or based on some true story that the writer had heard somewhere?

It was a historical novel, the first of its kind. Mme de La Fayette wanted to depict life and intrigues at the Court of Henri II. Except for the main characters, almost everyone in the book really did exist. But not the Princess - though whether her character was based on a real-life person I don't know.

Quote:
La Princesse de Clèves is a French novel which was published anonymously in March 1678. It is regarded by many as the beginning of the modern tradition of the psychological novel, and as a great classic work. Its author is generally held to be Madame de La Fayette.

The action takes place between October 1558 and November 1559 at the royal court of Henry II of France. The novel recreates that era with remarkable precision. Nearly every character – except the heroine – is a historical figure. Events and intrigues unfold with great faithfulness to documentary record.

Wildflower

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Chaste Romantic Love Reply with quote

Romentic wrote:
Wildflower's whole week must be some kind of record though. Very Happy

Actually my sister did better, she lived with her boyfriend for years, sleeping in the same bed, without "spilling the bowl of water", metaphorically speaking. In both cases there was a lot of holding, cuddling, etc. But not heavy petting, that could have gotten out of hand (no pun intended!)

Mind you, when you're still a virgin, it's not a big deal because you don't know what you're missing; kissing and cuddling are enough. It's the men's self-control that's admirable here. Very Happy
Lyanna

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Yet another Love/Romance thread Reply with quote

OK, now they're all together. For however long it may last... Pale sigh

Hey cool, Cool This one has photos of the movie La Princesse de Clèves on top of this page! very happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: