AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Hula Girl - Summer Girl - Original Music
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Music and Poetry House
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viet Chick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Scratch Copy Reply with quote

UnMask wrote:
I did a "Scratch copy" of Summer Girl so I can learn the melody totally- kind of a sing and drive practice session.

In the last ten days I completed "Autism" and wrote "Hot Heart" for a female voice.

I also wrote "Diamond Lights", "Umbrella Girl", "A City Boy Gone to Country", "the Selling of a 9-1-4", and "Ya Gotta Live and Let Live".

The 9-1-4 piece was making an older poem into a song, and Diamond Lights was a rewrite.

For those of you who read this far, here is a limerick-

"They couldn't wait to the end of the wake,
To hear the will and find out their take.
Did they all get parity?
No, Grandpa gave it it charity!
Call the lawyers! That will is a fake! Eek

I don't see the connection between those songs and the limerick. What am I missing? confused

I'm beginning to think that UnMask has a sense of humor that is totally beyond me. Pale sigh

Good news about the video. I'm eagerly looking forward to it!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: No connection at all.... Reply with quote

I just popped the limerick in the post for the fun of it.....

Today I got a call from a supporter of Willie Dixon's Blue Heaven Foundation. He heard "Summer Girl" and "Diamond Lights". He wants me to write lyrics professionally!

Willie wrote over 500 songs, many performed by the Rolling Stones, The Doors, Fleetwood Mac, and others.

I put together my song concept for the 100th Anniversary of Willie's birth in NYC. Amazingly, after singing it over the phone, calls were made and musicians are gathering to polish it up and submit it to the Blue Heaven's board of directors!! Music Music

This could be fun! Smile Very Happy super grin

Wildflower will hear it first, as she has been nudging me forward for a while..... luv at sight

Hearts Music "Diamond Lights, there's the City of Tucson,
Starry nights reflect from above...."

I'll get Wildflower to put this song up too..... Music Music
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Posting songs Reply with quote

UnMask wrote:
I'll get Wildflower to put this song up too..... Music Music

Wildflower is NOT going to spend another 3 nights making videos, especially when UnMask can't take the time to open his own account on a hosting site. Which is why Summer Girl is still not up here on the main page for public consumption. Rolling Eyes

Why isn't "Charleston" among the songs you showed them, UnMask? I like that one a lot, though the storyline doesn't make a lot of sense. bleh
Minstrel of the Dawn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting songs Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
...when UnMask can't take the time to open his own account on a hosting site. Which is why Summer Girl is still not up here on the main page for public consumption. Rolling Eyes

Is that why we're still waiting with bated breath? Shame Embarassed on you, UnMask!
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: There's your answer! Reply with quote

UnMask wrote:
Today I got a call from a supporter of Willie Dixon's Blue Heaven Foundation. He heard "Summer Girl" and "Diamond Lights". He wants me to write lyrics professionally!

Congratulations, UnMask!

Well, you were wondering what to do with yourself after you retire. There's your answer! Very Happy
mimosa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject: Sneak preview Reply with quote

Since I have a privileged relationship with Wildflower, I got to see a sneak preview, and I think that video's great. Wildflower should do them professionally! Very Happy

The pictures and the lyrics mesh perfectly, very romantic with touches of humor. Awesome job, Sis! clap
Du Khach
Herald

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Sneak preview Reply with quote

mimosa wrote:
Since I have a privileged relationship with Wildflower, I got to see a sneak preview, and I think that video's great. Wildflower should do them professionally! Very Happy

The pictures and the lyrics mesh perfectly, very romantic with touches of humor. Great job, Sis! clap

I had a sneak preview too, and Agreement 150%. It may not be quite as good, or emotional, as Summer Kisses Winter Tears, but it's right up there among perfect video illustrations of a song.

If Wildflower could be persuaded to spend some more time (not necessarily whole nights) doing this, the two of them could put out a dynamite hit DVD, IMO.

Wildflower has already shown how good she is at making videos. Check what she's done that's posted on YouTube, both under JoliMuguet and under FleurduJardin when she was making those videos for contests on CoS. She won at least one of those song-to-video contests, didn't she?
IAmNoHero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Sneak preview Reply with quote

mimosa wrote:
Since I have a privileged relationship with Wildflower, I got to see a sneak preview...

Hey, that's not fair! Here we are, waiting and some people already saw the video. UnMask, get off your butt and move along so we can see for ourselves how good you both are!!!
RavenStar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Sneak preview Reply with quote

Du Khach wrote:
Check what she's done that's posted on YouTube, both under JoliMuguet and under FleurduJardin when she was making those videos for contests on CoS. She won at least one of those song-to-video contests, didn't she?

Yes she did, the contest where you had to make a song to put Fluffy to sleep.

And Thomas-no-Hero, you're not going to like this, but the CoS group on AV got a sneak preview too. I totally share Du Khach and Mimosa's opinion.

There's even a wink to Harry Potter fans - the "what if my love's not real" illustration is a couple of ghosts (the Grey Lady, I think, with Sir Nick) - and we all know "FleurduJardin" can't make a video without at least one glimpse of Cedric Diggory and Cho Chang!!! super grin
Cedric

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Sneak preview Reply with quote

RavenStar wrote:
... we all know "FleurduJardin" can't make a video without at least one glimpse of Cedric Diggory and Cho Chang!!! super grin

No comment. super grin

Actually, what I liked was the elephant giving flowers to his mate. Cool photo! I wonder whether it was photoshopped?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Music and Poetry House All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: