AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
The most boring books you ever read or tried to read
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Write

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: The most boring books you ever read or tried to read Reply with quote

55. Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez
Rowena

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: The most boring books you ever read or tried to read Reply with quote

56. HMS Ulysses - Alistair MacLean

The nitty-gritty details of the life of seamen in the frigid wastes of the Arctic is just not for me, although I enjoy MacLean's adventure books. This one's too realistic and technical for my taste, couldn't finish it.
Asian_Princess

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: The most boring books you ever read or tried to read Reply with quote

Anémone wrote:
8. L'été meurtrier (One Deadly Summer) - Sébastien Japrisot

I don't know, I usually like Japrisot's mysteries (Adieu l'Ami, Le passager de la pluie, and especially the awesome Un long dimanche de fiançailles, all of which have been made into good movies) but I just couldn't get into this one. I haven't seen the movie based on it either. Maybe if I do, I'll come back and try again.

You should try again. It takes getting used to, but after a while, it becomes very gripping. The movie's pretty good too. I seem to remember Isabelle Adjani got a César (Best Actress) for her performance as Éliane, and that the actor, whose name I forget, who played Mickey, got the césar for Best Supporting Actor.
ZeroG

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: The most boring books you ever read or tried to read Reply with quote

57. Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton

Had to read it for English class. Never could get into it enough to write an analysis, fell asleep every time. sleep

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: The most boring books you ever read or tried to read Reply with quote

58. The Idiot, by Dostoevsky

Way over my head and really damn boring. Not sure how I made it all the way through. sleep

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: The most boring books you ever read or tried to read Reply with quote

59. Walden by Henry David Thoreau

I really tried reading it, I truly did, but I couldn't finish. Such a boring book! He goes on and on about nature and reflection upon mankind and this and that and blah blah blah sleep
inkpot

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: The most boring books you ever read or tried to read Reply with quote

60. Portrait of the artist as a young man (James Joyce) was like chloroform in high school. sleep

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:22 pm    Post subject: The most boring books you ever read or tried to read Reply with quote

61. A Song of Ice and Fire - George R.R. Martin - This is heresy, I know!

Much as I enjoy the series, I could never get into the books...
Sarah

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: The most boring books you ever read or tried to read Reply with quote

62. Delta of Venus by Anaïs Nin sleep
Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: The most boring books you ever read or tried to read Reply with quote

LostInTranslation wrote:
61. A Song of Ice and Fire - George R.R. Martin - This is heresy, I know!

Much as I enjoy the series, I could never get into the books...

Don't worry, Lost in Translation, you're not the only one! Just the sheer size of the books is discouraging. Then the pages and pages of lists of characters from the different Houses, how they intermarry, who did what to whom when, etc. I got lost just going through the Lannisters and their various allies and foes. The minor Houses, I couldn't remember who the people were. I gave up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Writers' Forum All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: