AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Dragon Quidditch Game 2013 - Comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muggle_Magic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: DQ Game Reply with quote

Hi, guys and gals!! wave hello goodbye

Sorry I've been absent, but life and work are crazy right now. I've been following the game, though. Julia, you're as good as ever! ten Thanks to all of you who have been posting on a game where the teams have one absentee captain and one fictional one!

I'll do my best to be more active, but I can't really promise anything. Besides, I find my mind a blank these days. I dunno, ideas came to me better when we were playing on CoS. Maybe becoz there were more participants and we inspired each other. Julia and all those who post have a lot of merit playing in a near-vacuum...

Maybe I should do like Laurelluin and read Quidditch through the Ages!

Well, let me go to the game. But be warned, with Witchsmart and me playing on the same side, the Reds are sure to win. Twisted Evil shameless grin

ETA: OK, so the Reds scored again, and I've just let Hagrid into the commentators' booth. Unfortunately, I'm not good at imitating his way of speaking, so I'll let someone else "speak" for him. Julie? Julia? Laure? Asteria? Rob? Fleur? Would our fearless leader condescend to post in the game?
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: DQ Game Reply with quote

Muggle_Magic wrote:
Hi, guys and gals!! wave hello goodbye...

Maybe I should do like Laurelluin and read Quidditch through the Ages!

ten

And with Hagrid in the commentator's booth, it might also be necessary to re-read the Dragon section of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

Team One/Red:
Captain and Seeker: Bill Cho Lover on Firebrand (Asian Red) m
Keeper: Ron Weasley on Norberta (Norwegian Ridgeback) f
Beater 1: Fred Weasley on Nessie (Welsh Green) f
Beater 2: George Weasley on Holey (Welsh Green) m
Chaser 1: Witchsmart on Annamaria (… Ice) f
Chaser 2 Roar – Smaug (Arda Firegold) m
Chaser 3: LesBleus on Sirrush (Peruvian Vipertooth) m

Team Two/Blue:
Captain and Seeker: Cho Chang on Farlith (Pernese Green) f
Keeper: Oliver Wood on Nimrauglir (Arda Ice) f
Beater 1: Laurelluin on the Jabberwock (Wonderland Toothed Nonesense) m
Beater 2: Inkling Julie on Diarmidh (Scottish Plaid) m
Chaser 1: Rob Proud Puff on Firioth (Everand Copper) f
Chaser 2: Mimosa on PhoenixFriend (Chinese Firebolt or another Asian Red?) f
Chaser 3: Asteria on Pernese Gold Tanith (Pernese Gold) f

Hm. Hagrid might not know much about the dragons on the blue team, as lots of them are imports from elsewhere and not listed in Newt Scamander's book!
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Red Card for Weasley? Reply with quote

Will somebody please explain to me why the Weasley twins keep hitting the Quaffle with their bats AND NOT GETTING PENALIZED FOR IT? This is why I wanted Cedric as referee. Mad
The Turning Tower
Muggle_Magic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Red Card for Weasley? Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
Will somebody please explain to me why the Weasley twins keep hitting the Quaffle with their bats AND NOT GETTING PENALIZED FOR IT? This is why I wanted Cedric as referee. Mad

Abject apologies, I was in a hurry and not thinking right when I made that post. I've corrected the first quaffle-hitting, it's now a bludger that does the job of hitting the quaffle. In the second case, Asteria "dodging his bat" doesn't mean that Fred was hitting the quaffle with it.

I'll be more careful in future. Or someone can come in and slap a penalty on the twins. Why don't you, Laure?
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: DQ Reply with quote

Mostly because it's a bit of a drag being always the one harping about the rules.

LesBleus wrote:
inkling7 wrote:
Quidditch is a game usually played on broomsticks from the Harry Potter books.

It's like other ball games: 2 teams, one ball, here called the "quaffle", that you have to put into or through the other team's goal.

Dragon Quidditch, as the name implies, is played riding dragons instead of broomsticks. I don't know which is easier to get, flying broomsticks or tame dragons! super grin

[Captain Picard impression]THERE! ARE! FOUR! BALLS!!!!![/Captain Picard]
The Turning Tower
Wildflower

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: DQ Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
[Captain Picard impression]THERE! ARE! FOUR! BALLS!!!!![/Captain Picard]

Yes but only one is used for scoring. LesBleus, coming as he does from soccer, can be forgiven for thinking only the quaffle counts as a "ball" - though the bludgers are balls too, as is the snitch. Funny but maybe because it's winged, I never really think of the snitch as a "ball". That's just my perception, though. Neutral
Wildflower

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Unplottable countries/planets Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
I'm sure I don't know where Pern is, though. It sounds like a southeast Asian country but I've never seen it on the map. Must be unplottable.

Oh I love cross-universe fiction! Very Happy
Stormy Night

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Fights on Dragon back Reply with quote

You guys should read "His Majesty's Dragon" by Naomi Novik. Here we have the Napoleonic Wars fought on dragonback! wacko
Muggle_Magic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: DQ game comments Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
It seems everybody's sweetheart Cho has seen something and really wants to impress the love of her life Cedric by winning this match so will her skill and the support from her team mates help here if indeed she has sighted the snitch? Inkling's dragon Diarmid has a particular soft spot for Cho and her dragon so will be supporting her in every way possible.... super grin

You're on her team. So do what you can to help her and WRITE about it instead of just expressing your good intentions. You actually only post moves on the game thread. Intentions and suggestions should go here, in the comments thread. super grin

Laurelluin wrote:
I'm sure I don't know where Pern is, though. It sounds like a southeast Asian country but I've never seen it on the map. Must be unplottable.

Asian dragons don't have wings, Pernese dragons do. So wherever Pern is, it can't be in Asia. shameless grin
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: DQ game comments Reply with quote

Muggle_Magic wrote:

Laurelluin wrote:

Asian dragons don't have wings, Pernese dragons do. So wherever Pern is, it can't be in Asia. shameless grin

Yes, well, being busy riding the Jabberwock I don't have time to correct MacGonagal on that. I'm sure there's someone in the stands who could go and talk to her about Pern being a whole 'nother planet. I'd have one of my dragons do it but someone complained that telepathy gives us an unfair advantage, lulz! Razz

Plus Firioth is trying to keep Rob's mind on the game instead of on Mimosa, and Farlith is busy trying to help Cho find the Snitch.

But this is more fun with more people posting! Don't stop now, I think maybe we're on a roll...
The Turning Tower
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: