AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Dragon Quidditch Game 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: DQ Game Play Reply with quote

This last score riled up the two Scots and the one Scottish descent players in the team. Cho who was born there and has a Scottish mother, Oliver Wood born and bred there and Inkling who is of Scottish descent are all riled up now and determined to even the score quickly. Motto here - never rile a Scot so beware the Red team as now the Blues are seeing Red and will not hesitate to get revenge and score quickly using their cunning guile.

On with the game..... super grin

Mod's ETA
New page! Reposting roster and updating status.

Roster and state of play:
Dragon Quidditch 2013

Team Reds:
Captain and Seeker: Muggle_Magic (Bill) on Firebrand
Keeper: Ron Weasley on Norberta
Beater 1: Fred Weasley on Nessie
Beater 2: George Weasley on Holey
Chaser 1: Witchsmart on Anamaria
Chaser 2: Roar on Smaug
Chaser 3: LesBleus on Sirrush

Team Blues:
Captain and Seeker: Cho Chang on Farlith
Keeper: Oliver Wood on Nimrauglir
Beater 1: Laurelluin on the Jabberwock
Beater 2: Inkling on Diarmidh
Chaser 1: Proud Puff (Rob) on Firioth
Chaser 2: Mimosa on PhoenixFriend
Chaser 3: Asteria on Tanith

Score:
Reds: 20
Blues: 10

Cedric

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Hex? Reply with quote

Someone must have put a hex on the Quidditch pitch. The players and their dragons are frozen in the air, the spectators on the benches and the commentators in their booth look like a Sleeping Beauty spell has been put on them. sleep

In a word, nothing is happening. I'm going to bed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: DQ game play Reply with quote

Luna: Smaug and Roar are flying in circles, Roar waving her arms and Smaug flapping his wings unnecessarily fast. Do you think Smaug has kirkleworms under his scales?

Lee: They're doing a victory lap, Luna. Roar just scored.

Luna: Oh. What are the Reds supporters chanting there?

Lee: Music "Wood is our King." Music

Cedric: Looks like Rob is mad. He dives on the Quaffle, seizes it and makes a beeline for the Reds' goal posts. He swerves and avoids the bludger Fred is sending his way. Asteria yells, "Rob, over here!" Rob passes the Quaffle to her, she flies on but a well-aimed swing from Fred's bat sends a bludger at her, knocking the quaffle from her hands. Fortunately, Mimosa, who was flying just under her, catches it. Still smarting from having missed the penalty shot, she turns PhoenixFriend's head towards the posts, positions herself diagonally, sends the Quaffle underhand so that it flies under Ron's dragon - what is it that LesBleus is muttering?

Lee: It sounded like "She bent it like Beckham, blast it!"

Cedric: Whatever that means. At any rate, Mimosa scores! It's a tie!

Score:
Blues: 20
The single best word to describe Hufflepuff is not loyal or patient or honest ... much less simple. It's STRONG. Like the earth. Hufflepuff may not always win ... but they refuse to lose. Beat them down ... they come back. As long as one Hufflepuff is still standing, they'll pull all the rest back to their feet. Attack one of them and you've made an enemy of all of them.
The last witch or wizard standing will be from that House.
THESE are the values of Hufflepuff.
From Minisinoo's "Hufflepuff House"
Muggle_Magic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: DQ game play Reply with quote

Les Bleus (muttering to himself): If Mimosa can bend it like Beckham maybe I shoot a goal like Zidane!

LesBleus plunges into the mêlée, weaving his way between Reds and Blues alike to seize the Quaffle. Inkling aims a bludger his way but he evades it easily.

Bill reluctantly takes his eyes away from Cho, checks that the Snitch is not in sight, and directs Firebrand to fly shotgun for his Chaser. He deflects the bludger that Laurelluin tried to bat towards LesBleus, sends it back sailing towards a group of Blues Chasers who were trying to intercept him. Rob, Mimosa and Asteria scatter.

The way seems clear! But no, Inkling rallies Diarmidh and, bat in hand, flies as close as she can to LesBleus. She however finds he way barred by Roar who interposes herself to protect her fellow Reds. LesBleus shoots, but Wood is vigilant. He's a bit off, his fingers just graze the Quaffle, but it is enough to make it deviate in its flight... straight into Witchsmart's hands!

Swift as lightning, Witchie sends the Quaffle sailing past Wood's outstretched arm right into the right goal hoop. She scores! Yay!

Tumultuous cheers in the red-clad section of the stands. The noise masks the creak of the floor boards as Hagrid enters the commentators' booth. Hey, this is gonna be interesting. super grin

Score:
Reds: 30
Blues: 20
witchsmart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: DQ game play Reply with quote

Jordan: As we say goodbye to Ginny, we welcome in our biggest fan (in more ways than one), Hagrid! Thanks for coming over, mate.
Hagrid: Much obliged, Lee.

Jordan: Hagrid you must be in wizard heaven right now, with all these dragons out on the field. Got any favorites?

Hagrid: Well, I can't root fer any other dragon than my own Norberta! Ron's handling her real well on the pitch. She always was an energetic one, she was!

Jordan: As I'm sure Charlie Weasley could testify to. Well, Hagrid, as someone who has such a passion for these magnificent (and terrifying) creatures, can you share with us your thoughts on some of the other dragons on the pitch?

Hagrid: I reckon I could. Norberta there is a Norwegian Ridgeback, o' course, which some people mistake for a Horntail but you can tell it's a Ridgeback by those black ridges on it's back. They also love ta breathe fire, so you've got to watch out for that.

Jordan: Are you speaking from personal experience here, Hagrid?

Hagrid: *blushes* Ah, don't think I should be tellin' you that, Lee.

Jordan: Fair enough.

Hagrid: Now where was I? Ah, right. Now, the Weasley twins are both on Welsh Greens, which are normally not as aggressive as the other breeds, and they've got a beautiful roar. Mimosa's ridin' a Chinese Fireball, which got it's name from the mushroom-shaped clouds o' smoke that it lets out when it's angered. You'll want to be careful with that one, 'cause it'll take a nibble out of you if you're not paying attention! *laughs* Let's see, what else? LesBleus is on a Peruvian Vipertooth, tha's another one what likes the taste of human flesh. It's the smallest o' the dragon breeds, but also the fastest, which makes it very useful on the field.

Jordan: And what about Laurelluin's Jabberwock? That one's garnered a lot of interest amongst the crowd.

Hagrid: I don't know that one, Lee. It's not like any breed o' dragon that I've ever seen. I was just talking to Charlie in the stands about it, and he's never seen anything like it either. He thinks it might be a cross-breed between a Common Welsh Green and a Hungarian Horntail, but I'm not sure. Beautiful-looking creature, though.

Jordan: If by beautiful, you mean terrifying, then yes, absolutely, that is the most beautiful dragon I've ever seen. It seems to be having a particular effect on Snape, who's been a bit distracted all match.

Luna: You know, I think I know why that might be, Jordan.

Jordan: Do you? Well I'm sure we'd all love to hear your theory, Luna, but first, Mimosa has gained possession of the Quaffle after witchsmart's goal, and we've got to get back to the action!
Muggle_Magic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: DQ game play Reply with quote

Mimosa steers PhoenixFriend towards the Reds goals but finds her way barred by witchsmart, Roar and LesBleus on three sides of her. She calls, "Rob! Asteria!" and throws the Quaffle high in the air. Asteria swoops in from the side, snatches the Quaffle only to have George's bludger knock it out of her hands. Rob and Roar both dive for it in a flurry of dragon wings and tails.

Cho yells, "Guys, Leung maneuver!". Her team responds instantly. Laurelluin flies wing to wing with Rob, blocking Roar's way. Rob gets the Quaffle, passes it immediately to Asteria who plunges down under the huddle of dragons and riders above, does a neat figure 8 that brings her in reach of the goals. She dodges Fred wielding his bat and she shoots! Ron stands ready on Norberta.

The crowd is holding its collective breath...
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: DQ game Reply with quote

Ron hangs down from Norberta's thick and powerful neck in an attempt to adapt the Starfish-on-a-Stick maneuver to Dragon Quidditch. It's not as effective as on a broom, mostly because a Norwegian Ridgeback's neck is a great deal thicker and more supple than a broomstick. His foot can't hook around her shoulder, and his hand nearly slips off. He catches himself in time to avoid falling to the ground, but Asteria's toss flies right past him and through the left hoop.

Blues: 30

Meanwhile the Blue Beaters dominate the Bludgers, hitting them with their bats at witchsmart, Roar and LesBlues to keep them from catching the Quaffle on the rebound. Firioth bears Rob around to gain control while Asteria flies her victory lap.

Hagrid: These dragons on the Blues team, I've never seen any of their kinds before. That one circling the pitch now is a very shiny gold colour, but her teeth and claws don't look very sharp to me. I think she looks more like a mommy dragon than any kind of real fighter. The green one the Blues' Seeker is riding looks like the same kind, even though she's green and a bit smaller.

McGonagall: Well, as the one who cast the spells to make all the dragons close to the same size, I can tell you I remember being told that those are called Pernese dragons. I'm sure I don't know where Pern is, though. It sounds like a southeast Asian country but I've never seen it on the map. Must be unplottable.

Hagrid: Hm, I wouldn't know abou' that.. the copper coloured dragon that Rob is riding looks almost like the same kind of dragon but much fiercer. Look at her claws! I bet she's a real fire-breather. Too bad all the dragons are muzzled, it would make the game much more interestin' if they could shoot ice and flames at eachother an' all.

Asteria has finished her victory lap; Rob flies back toward the center of the pitch and reverse-passes to Mimosa. Fred and George wrest control of the Bludgers from Laurel and inkling, doppelbeating them at the Blue Chasers.

Draco slythers back onto the pitch; I think he might be thinking of starting a round of his version of "Weasley is our King" on account of Asteria scoring while Ron nearly fell off his dragon! And Cho and Farlith have begun a swift dive off the far side of the pitch, away from the Commentator's booth. Is this a Wronski Feint, or has she sighted the Snitch?
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song

Last edited by Laurelluin on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Wildflower

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: DQ game Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:

Actually, the Reds already stand at 30 points (as per M_M's post), so the score is:

It's a tie!
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: DQ game Reply with quote

It seems everybody's sweetheart Cho has seen something and really wants to impress the love of her life Cedric by winning this match so will her skill and the support from her team mates help here if indeed she has sighted the snitch? Inkling's dragon Diarmid has a particular soft spot for Cho and her dragon so will be supporting her in every way possible.... super grin
Muggle_Magic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: DQ game Reply with quote

Yes! There's a flittering flash of gold there, and Cho is hot on its trail.

Roar yells at her captain: "Bill!!!The Snitch!"

Bill wheels Firebrand around in hot pursuit. Inkling flies Diarmid across his flight line to try and block him. Fred sends a bludger that passes between Inkling's nose and Diarmid's neck, causing her to turn her head and lean on the side, causing Diarmid to veer to the left, clearing Bill's way.

In her turn, witchsmart comes in to lure inkling away from Bill while LesBleus stands guard.

Cho has the lead towards the snitch, but Bill has managed to bypass his opponents, and Firebrand is faster than Farlith. Having wings is not always an advantage for a dragon. Those wingless Asian dragons are aerodynamic, they don't have to contend with air resistance.

Cho and Bill, or rather Farlith and Firebrand are neck-to-neck, the two Seeker's arms extended towards the elusive snitch - which suddenly shoots up out of reach and soon out of sight.

Meanwhile, Rob is in possession of the quaffle. He ducks under George's bludger but finds witchsmart and LesBleus moving their dragons threateningly to intercept. Draco yells to his wife, "Asteria, remember the Cannons game last week!" Asteria winks and blows a kiss at him, signs Mimosa and flies towards Rob. The three of them fly in V formation towards the Reds goal hoops.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: