AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Dragon Quidditch Game 2013
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
witchsmart

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Dragon Quidditch Game 2013 Reply with quote

Dragon Quidditch 2013

Team Reds:
Captain and Seeker: Muggle_Magic (Bill) on Firebrand
Keeper: Ron Weasley on Norberta
Beater 1: Fred Weasley on Nessie
Beater 2: George Weasley on Holey
Chaser 1: Witchsmart on Anamaria
Chaser 2 Roar on Smaug
Chaser 3: LesBleus on Sirrush

Team Blues:
Captain and Seeker: Cho Chang on Farlith
Keeper: Oliver Wood on Nimrauglir
Beater 1: Laurelluin on the Jabberwock
Beater 2: Inkling on Diarmidh
Chaser 1: Proud Puff (Rob) on Firioth
Chaser 2: Mimosa on PhoenixFriend
Chaser 3: Asteria on Tanith

Let’s Play Some Dragon Quidditch 2013!

Lee Jordan: Hellooooo, ladies and gentlemen! If the sound of my voice doesn’t instantly prepare you for hilarity and excitement, don’t worry, it’s been awhile, so let me introduce myself. My name is Lee Jordan and I’d like to welcome you at last to the pitch on this fine day to the first game of Dragon Quidditch in some years! With us today, as always, the yin to my yang and the mute button to my enchanted microphone, please give a warm round of applause for the illustrious Professor McGonagall!

McGonagall: So glad to see that six years later I still have to be here to keep you in line, Mr. Jordan.

Lee: And we’re glad to have you! Folks, I can’t tell you how excited I am for this game. In fact, when I first heard it was starting up, I immediately put everything on hold just to come down here to commentate again. Then, four months later when this lot finally stopped sitting around and got their teams together, I just knew I had to make this game a special one.

McGonagall: *deadpan* Wonderful.

Lee: Yes indeed! This time around my two favorite fellow-commentators are on the pitch (thanks a lot, you two, it’s hard enough to tell you apart on the ground), so we’ll be hosting a series of guest commentators to offer up their takes on the players and the game as it progresses.

McGonagall: Thank you very much for notifying me about this ahead of time, instead of exacerbating my patience by mentioning it at the last minute.

Lee: Oh, whoops. Sorry, Professor. Also with us is a returning favorite who comments have always been a crowd pleaser (not sure why, since they rarely have anything to do with the game itself). Here in the booth with us is Miss Luna Lovegood!

Luna Lovegood: *dreamily* Hello, Lee. Is it true that you are using kinklespouts to make your show more appealing to listeners?

Lee: Where to even begin . . .

Cedric Diggory: Perhaps, for the sake of time, we should just let it slide and move on.

Lee: Sound advice from our second commentator, Cedric Diggory, who is here to use his own Quidditch experience to provide us with the technical knowhow as we enjoy the match. Cedric himself has been a player on the field, and we are delighted to have him here today.

Cedric: Glad to be here, Lee.

Lee: And I think the ladies are especially glad to see you, just listen to them scream! Anyway, I think I’ve been talking long enough--

McGonagall: Now there is something I thought I would never hear you say.

Lee: --so without further ado, let’s get started with the one, the only, DRAGON QUIDDITCH!!

Lee: Here come the teams now on their dragons. For the safety of the audience as well as for the players themselves, all dragons have been muzzled and enchanted to be roughly the same size. The use of fire is strictly forbidden, as well as any contact between the dragons and the balls. That means that you can’t use your dragon to score for you, or aim any bludgers at the mounts instead of the riders. And here are the Reds! It’s witchsmart on Anamaria! Roar on Smaug! LesBleus on Sirrush! Weasley on Norberta! Weasley on Nessie! Weasley on Holey! Aaaaaaaaaand Bill on Firebrand!

McGonagall: My goodness, I haven’t seen such enthusiasm from the crowd in quite awhile.

Luna: Yes, they are quite noisy aren’t they?

Lee: And now the Blues! Rob on Firioth! Mimosa on PhoenixFriend! Asteria on Tanith! Wood on Nimrauglir! Laurelluin on the Jabberwock! Inkling on Diarmidh! Aaaaaaaaaaand Cho Chang on Farlith! Some of these players are seasoned veterans but for others this is their first game, so let’s give them all a big cheer!

Cedric: Most would think the dragons’ bulk and weight would be impractical for getting through the air quickly, but these players have really gotten to know their dragons and how best to compensate for those disadvantages. Of course, it helps that they’ve all been shrunken or enlarged to standard size. But the player has to worry about the wings and the tail, as well as the individual will of their mounts. Not just anyone can play this game.

Lee: Right you are, Cedric! Our two referees for this match are Madam Hooch and Ex-Headmaster Professor Severus Snape! This match should be particularly interesting since there’s no clear Slytherin-side for Snape to be biased in favor of--

McGonagall: Oh for goodness sakes, Jordan, the match hasn’t even started yet!

Lee: And that’s why we need you in here, Professor, keeping everything nice and objective! The players have taken their positions on the field, the captains are shaking hands, Madam Hooch has the Quaffle . . . . . . . . . . and they’re off!

-----

Lee: It’s Mimosa with the Quaffle, she ducks around witchsmart and LesBleus--no easy feat on a dragon!--but she couldn’t get past Roar and now the Reds have possession! Roar speeds down the pitch, ducking a bludger from Inkling Julie but--ouch!--can’t avoid the one from Laurelluin. Of course, I knew her back when she was the fearsome Lyra but she still is a fantastic beater rivaled only, I think, by the legendary Daggerstone. But, back to the present. Asteria has swooped in to grab the Quaffle but that’s put a huge target on her back as the deadly Weasley duo descend. Hard bludger sent her way by Fred, no George, wait Fred, I don’t know there are way too many red-heads on this pitch. Which one is riding Holey again?

George: *flying past* Who do you think?

Lee: Oh right. So that was Fred before then.

Fred: *flying past after George* Of course, we might have switched dragons just to mess with you!

George: Oh come on, Fred, that would just be cruel.

Fred: It would certainly make things difficult for poor, Lee Jordan, George.

George: Still, it would be hilarious if we did, George.

Fred: That it would, Fred.

Witchsmart: Would you two focus! Asteria is almost at the goal posts!

Reds: 0

Blues: 0
Muggle_Magic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Hi everybody! I'm baaaack! Reply with quote

Sorry I was away for so long. Duty called, and called to the back end of nowhere, so I was incommunicado for a while.

As you can see, I opened a new account with my old CoS username for this game. I asked Fleur to edit the roster accordingly. I'll be Bill and/or M_M for the DQ games, keeping the Cho_Lover account for things non-Quidditch related and the Xuân Phong one for non-HP related posts.

Great start, Smartie! ten

Hey Fred, George, Luna, Cedric, Smartie, Laurelluin, Asteria, Inkling and everybody, nice to see you all again! wave hello goodbye

And you, Cho! Pretty as ever! Hearts

Just dropped by to say hello. Will come back with more once I settle back in. Back in a jiffy. shameless grin
Proud Puff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Welcome back! Reply with quote

Muggle_Magic wrote:
Sorry I was away for so long. Duty called, and called to the back end of nowhere, so I was incommunicado for a while.

Welcome back, mate!

Quote:
And you, Cho! Pretty as ever! Hearts

Easy there, mate. Remember what Wood told you. "This is no time to be a gentleman". Let alone a smitten gentleman. wink "Knock her off her broom if you have to!" Twisted Evil
The single best word to describe Hufflepuff is not loyal or patient or honest ... much less simple. It's STRONG. Like the earth. Hufflepuff may not always win ... but they refuse to lose. Beat them down ... they come back. As long as one Hufflepuff is still standing, they'll pull all the rest back to their feet. Attack one of them and you've made an enemy of all of them.
The last witch or wizard standing will be from that House.
THESE are the values of Hufflepuff.
From Minisinoo's "Hufflepuff House"
Muggle_Magic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Love and Business Reply with quote

Proud Puff wrote:
Easy there, mate. Remember what Wood told you. "This is no time to be a gentleman." Let alone a smitten gentleman. "Knock her off her broom if you have to!" Twisted Evil

Will you give me a break! We did win that game against Ravenclaw, didn't we? Pfft! bleh

I did not have to knock her off her broom though. I'm not sure she'd have forgiven me.

Shall we go back to the game? Asteria is streaking towards the goal posts while the twins are trying to confuse the commentator! Rolling Eyes
Proud Puff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: DQ Reply with quote

Muggle_Magic wrote:
Shall we go back to the game? Asteria is streaking towards the goal posts while the twins are trying to confuse the commentator! Rolling Eyes

Why do you think I've been distracting you with talk about Cho? super grin

Go, Asteria, go!! Oh, good girl, she dodged Fred's bludger, swerved to avoid colliding with Roar and she shoots!

Aaargh, Witchie, coming out of left wing, managed to hit the Quaffle and send it off-course, towards Roar who immediately turns around and makes for the Blues' goal posts.

Laurelluin, ever vigilant, sends a bludger her way but Roar ducks - who'd have thunk Smaug could maneuver that swiftly? She almost loses her grip on the Quaffle, though but manages to send it in LesBleus' general direction.

LesBleus is so used to soccer, he hits the Quaffle with his head - Bleus, you can use your hands in Quidditch! - and sends the Quaffle sailing back towards Witchie.

But Mimosa intercepts. Mimosa has possession of the Quaffle! Go, darling, go!

*Rob flies with all speed to cover Mimosa's way towards the Reds' goal posts*

Score stands at

Blues: 0

But, mark my words, not for long.
The single best word to describe Hufflepuff is not loyal or patient or honest ... much less simple. It's STRONG. Like the earth. Hufflepuff may not always win ... but they refuse to lose. Beat them down ... they come back. As long as one Hufflepuff is still standing, they'll pull all the rest back to their feet. Attack one of them and you've made an enemy of all of them.
Asteria

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: In the commentators' booth Reply with quote

Luna: Do you think that glittery flittering thing at the edge of the pitch there could be a baby windbanescrup?

Lee: Aw my gosh, that's the Snitch! Right there in plain sight while Bill and Cho are making eyes at each other! Bill! Bill! Wake up!

McGonagall: No taking sides here, Mr. Jordan, if you please. If you have to call, call to both Seekers.

Lee: Yes Professor! Bellowing: BILL!!!! - In a soft voice Cho? The Snitch! The Snitch!

Draco Malfoy, stepping into the booth. "Seems to me Slytherin has to have a voice around here. Besides, I have to support my wife."

*McGonagall glares at him*

Draco: Oh, I'll be very objective, Professor. At least as objective as Jordan here.

*McGonagall rolls her eyes* "You may stay, Mr. Malfoy, but make sure you behave yourself. I have enough trouble keeping Mr. Jordan in line."

Lee, in a wounded innocence tone, "Who, me? Professor, how can you say something like that?"

McGonagall: Very easily, Mr. Jordan. Now make room for Mr. Malfoy. And hand me whatever it is you were trying to slip in his pocket there.

Lee quickly flips the Itchy burr he was palming off the booth's railing "Oops, it slipped from my hand. It was nothing, Professor." angel

McGonagall is unconvinced but keeps silent. Everybody looks out to see if the Snitch is still hovering about.

Cedric Diggory shakes his head and rolls his eyes but holds his peace.
Cedric

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: It's going to be a long day... Reply with quote

Cedric: Whatever possessed me to accept being commentator for this game? One of my co-commentators is wacky, the other is so biased he should be on the Reds team. Rolling Eyes

Thank Heaven Prof McGonagall is here to add the voice of moderation and reason.

The referees are watchful, though. Madam Hooch is her usual self-possessed self, Snape is scowling - like, what else is new?

Cho does look very pretty. Oh, she saw the Snitch! She's veering off in that direction, but Bill catches up! They race towards the elusive glittering ball which promptly vanishes off in the wide blue beyond.

Mimosa holds on to the Quaffle, Rob is riding interference, deflecting the bludgers that the twins hurl at her. Her PhoenixFriend is very supple, it's sometimes an advantage to ride one of those wingless dragons.

Roar tries to ram her head-on to make her drop the Quaffle, but Rob dives on her and Smaug has to plunge sharply to avoid Firioth's lashing tail.

Mimosa takes advantage of the temporary melee to fly straight towards the hoops. Ron stands ready. Mimosa feints to the right, drawing Ron to one side, then shoots through the middle hoop. And she scores!

Blues: 10

Wild cheering in the Blue-clad part of the stands. clap

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: The dragons and their riders Reply with quote

It looks to me like the Pernese dragons are a bit clannish. They tend to fly close together. Besides, Firioth seems to be interested in Farlith, Rob has trouble keeping him on track near Mimosa. I'd like to eavesdrop on their talks if I could, LOL.

Nessie and Holey are awesome. Even with his size reduced, Jabberwock is rather terrifying. Diarmidh is spectacular, Inkling looks good there. I wonder if they're going to try to talk to Cho? Do accents come through when you talk telepathically?

Oh look, here comes LadyDragon with her Rong Maily on her shoulder. Has GaPeach brought Piccolo to the game yet?

Fred and George seem to be berating each other for having let Mimosa through to score. Hah, if they didn't spend so much time being clever and mischievous, they may have paid better attention to the danger when Mimosa made for the goal posts. Serves them right. bleh
Proud Puff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The dragons and their riders - back to the game Reply with quote

RavenStar wrote:
It looks to me like the Pernese dragons are a bit clannish. They tend to fly close together. Besides, Firioth seems to be interested in Farlith, Rob has trouble keeping him on track near Mimosa. I'd like to eavesdrop on their talks if I could, LOL.

Firioth did confide to me that he finds both Farlith and Tanith quite attractive. Very Happy

Smaug looks like he'd like to breathe fire, but Roar has him under tight control.

Ron has sent the Quaffle back - Witchsmart is now in possession. Laurelluin and Inkling are hot on Anamaria's tail, both are trying to send their bludgers against Witchie without hitting her dragon, which is not that easy. That girl can fly, she and Anamaria have been together for a long time now, they make a perfect team. They swerve but see their way blocked by Asteria, who's trying to keep her in the Blue Beaters' range.

Oooooh, Nessie tried to snap at Anamaria's wing, she's not supposed to do that. Shrill whistle from Snape! This is not really worth a penalty, is it? But knowing Snape and how much he likes the Weasleys, what do you think he'll do? Eek
witchsmart

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: 2013 DQ Game Reply with quote

George: Did you just score a penalty against our own team? Well done, mate.

witchsmart: We're fine here, Ref, no need to worry.

Snape: I assure you I shall do nothing of the sort. Weasley's dragon is a danger to the other players on the field, and it would be irresponsible for me to allow him to continue with no regard for their safety. Therefore, Mr. Weasley will receive a ten-minute penalty, during which he must effectively muzzle his dragon to prevent further incidents.

Fred: What! You--

Snape: The penalty will start the sooner you remove yourself from the field, Mr. Weasley.

Fred: *flies off amid a stream of muttered curses*

Lee: And a brilliant move by Professor Snape, showing us all that his ability to deal out unfair penalties based on his own personal prejudice has not faded with time.

McGonagall: Jordan!

Draco: Indeed, this was a wise move by the referee to guarantee the safety of the other players. I don't think I need say what might have happened had my wife and her dragon been in the path of that wild beast.

Lee: And Asteria's flying a kitten then, is she?

Cedric: I think I'm going to have to agree with Malfoy and Snape on this one, Lee. Fred's dragon clearly wasn't properly muzzled, and for an event like this to happen its important that safety be of the utmost concern.

Lee: *mutters* Traitor. Luna? What's your take on this?

Luna: I agree with Cedric. If the dragons flew around with their mouths open all the time, they might accidentally swallow one of the Blibbering Humdingers that are buzzing around.

Lee: Fantastic. Well at any rate, Fred's off the field, so now the play can resume with witchsmart still in possession of the Quaffle.
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: MY DRAGONS ARE GIRLS OK? Reply with quote

Yeah, ok, a bit late for this comment as y'all have made a few assumptions and run with them.

Firioth, Farlith, and Nimrauglir are all female dragons.

So having Farlith and Firioth crushing on each other is feeling a bit weird to me, as their trainer.

Both of them rather fancy Canth and Mnementh, who aren't here, and neither of them is in season. I made sure, it could have made the game very ugly. Firi is a copper, so I can see where she might have looked like a bronze to many of you.

It has also occured to me that it might be fun to have Hagrid in the commentators booth to help everyone understand dragons a little better. Or, if he won't fit with people like D.Malfoy barging in, perhaps Charlie could do a cameo sometime.
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
RavenStar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: MY DRAGONS ARE GIRLS OK? Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
Yeah, ok, a bit late for this comment as y'all have made a few assumptions and run with them.

Firioth, Farlith, and Nimrauglir are all female dragons.

So having Farlith and Firioth crushing on eachother is feeling a bit weird to me, as their trainer.

Oops! And there I was, trying to spice things up with some draconic romance, besides Maily and Piccolo! Embarassed wacko

Quote:
It has also occured to me that it might be fun to have Hagrid in the commentators booth to help everyone understand dragons a little better. Or, if he won't fit with people like D.Malfoy barging in, perhaps Charlie could do a cameo sometime.

Good idea. That would work out well, I think. Very Happy

I can see Hagrid saying something, Draco sneering at him and being slapped down by Charlie... Twisted Evil
gapeach1004

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: DQ Match Reply with quote

Picc and I are here to watch! We've been busy but we knew we had to catch some of the wonderful Dragon Quidditch match. Who should we cheer for?
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: DQ Match Reply with quote

gapeach1004 wrote:
Picc and I are here to watch! We've been busy but we knew we had to catch some of the wonderful Dragon Quidditch match. Who should we cheer for?

Well, as I seem to remember you as a Weasley family fan, I expect you'll be cheering for the Reds. Only I noticed that Lee Jortdan left out Keeper Ronnie when he called the team out onto the pitch. Laughing
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
witchsmart

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: DQ Match Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:

Well, as I seem to remember you as a Weasley family fan, I expect you'll be cheering for the Reds. Only I noticed that Lee Jortdan left out Keeper Ronnie when he called the team out onto the pitch. Laughing

witchsmart wrote:
It’s witchsmart on Anamaria! Roar on Smaug! LesBleus on Sirrush! Weasley on Norberta! Weasley on Nessie! Weasley on Holey! Aaaaaaaaaand Bill on Firebrand!

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: