AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
J K Rowling unmasked as author of acclaimed detective novel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: J K Rowling unmasked as author of acclaimed detective novel Reply with quote

J K Rowling unmasked as author of acclaimed detective novel
Date
July 14, 2013 - 11:38AM

J K Rowling has been unmasked as the author of an acclaimed new detective novel.

Writing under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith, the Harry Potter creator penned a 450-page crime novel called The Cuckoo's Calling.

It has been wonderful to publish without hype or expectation and pure pleasure to get feedback under a different name.

J K Rowling
The book is billed as a “classic crime novel”, written in the style of P. D. James and Ruth Rendell, according to the Sunday Times.

Its plot centres on the death of a troubled model who falls to her death from a snow-covered Mayfair balcony. Her brother calls in Cormoran Strike, a damaged war veteran turned private investigate, to her death.

Released in April, the book has generated heated speculation about the identity of the book's author.

The secret could not last. Eventually it was noticed that Mr Galbraith and Miss Rowling shared the same publisher and editor.

Reviewers have described it as an “exhilarating debut” and marvelled at how a male author could ever describe women's clothes so well.

When approached this weekend, Miss Rowling said: “I had hoped to keep this secret a little longer because being Robert Galbraith has been such a liberating experience. It has been wonderful to publish without hype or expectation and pure pleasure to get feedback under a different name.”

The book is described as “a gripping, elegant mystery steeped in the atmosphere of London – from the hushed streets of Mayfair to the backstreet pubs of the East End to the bustle of Soho.”

After writing seven Harry Potter books, Miss Rowling published her first fiction for adults last year. The Casual Vacancy, a novel about a small town racked with political infighting, sold well but received a mixed response from critics.

The Telegraph, London
sjcuk13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: J K Rowling unmasked as author... Reply with quote

I have just read this in the BBC news. It was only a matter of time until she wrote something under a different name. I am surprised she didn't admit to more names.

Find me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/stacey.corner.37 please send me a message first so I know it is you Smile

Proud to be a
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: J K Rowling unmasked as author... Reply with quote

This is one book I think I would enjoy reading but mind you I did enjoy her other book A Casual Vacancy because it reminded me of areas in inner city Sydney quite near where I live. super grin

I will be looking for it in the bookshops or to buy for my iPad to read from...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Writers' Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: