AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Books you've read lately
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fawkesfan1

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Books you've read lately Reply with quote

What are some books you've read lately?

I just got done reading Red Rain by R.L. Stine. It's a pretty good thriller by him and a good first venture into adult writing by him.
Kerowyn
Herald

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: Books you've read lately Reply with quote

Fawkesfan1 wrote:
What are some books you've read lately?

After having read the Dresden Files twice in a row (the whole series, cover to cover, up to the latest book, "Cold Days"), I got into Jim Butcher's other series, the "Codex Alera", which I am enjoying tremendously. I'm into the next to last book now. This series has only six books, and I don't think there are any sequels planned.

A good read. It also makes the time pass until the next Dresden sees the light of day. Very Happy
ZeroG

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Books you've read lately Reply with quote

An old "hard" science fiction classic: Inherit the Stars by James Hogan.

Great story, with an original theory on how the asteroid belt was formed and why the Neanderthals never had a chance against the Cro-Magnons. And how Neil Armstrong wasn't the first human to walk on the Moon!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Books you've read lately Reply with quote

The Ballad of Tom Dooley by Sharyn McCrumb - the real story behind the famous folk song "Hang down your head Tom Dooley". Well researched, fascinating.
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Books you've read lately Reply with quote

I've just finished (re)reading Billy by Pamela Stephenson, a biography of one of my favourite comedians. It's quite sad in parts, but a very interesting read.
Stormy Night

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Books you've read lately Reply with quote

The Sunbird by Wilbur Smith

High adventure, true and less true love, a hint of reincarnation and history repeating itself across the ages, plus legend of a golden lost city. Great entertainment.
LostInTranslation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Books you've read lately Reply with quote

A Place of Execution by Val McDermid

Good thriller with quite a twist ending (the solution to the crime is quite far-fetched though. For things to have happened that way, there needed to be too many unlikely coincidences.)
Emmanuel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Books you've read lately Reply with quote

V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton.

I like this "alphabet series" a lot. Kinsey Millhone gets better with every book.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Books you've read lately Reply with quote

Hannah by Paul-Loup Sulitzer

The story of a White Russian refugee in Paris after the Communist takeover and the fall of the Czar. A guy I "met" on another chat site had bought the book, read it and thought I might enjoy it so he mailed it to me, wasn't that sweet? I enjoyed it, too. Very Happy
Oerba Dia Vanille
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Books you've read lately Reply with quote

I've just started reading Necrinomicon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Writers' Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: