AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Den_muggle's mother
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Error? Reply with quote

I think the vent thread remark might have been an error due to her grief and she meant something else although I don't know what.... super grin
Cho_Lover
Herald

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Vent thread? Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
There's a vent thread on COS? Where, in Hogsmeade? Confused

Yes, there's a Vent thread in Hogsmeade. It was no error. A rather popular thread too, at least when I was around there. People would complain about anything, from their best friend "borrowing" their favorite sweater and not returning it, to financial problems, to more tragic events.
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Venting Reply with quote

But I bet your couldn't vent about the Mods and their unfair behaviour though...LOL
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: vent thread Reply with quote

I could have used that thread back in the day. I got a couple of Mod Reprimands for venting about such things as my sister picking fights with my husband and my sons being all young and dumb about stuff in "Light-hearted just-for-fun" threads like the Hogwarts Common Room.

Of course I was never invited to Hogsmeade so I never knew such a thread existed. I was told to vent in private owls. Which is silly, because while you can owl a group of people it's inconvenient to carry on a group conversation that way. You might owl a group, but you're the only one that sees the reply unless you take the time to forward the owl to everyone. Also people you didn't owl can't see the conversation and chime in if they have common experiences or advice or interest or whatever.

I'm rambling again. shifty
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
4Wizards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Venting Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
But I bet your couldn't vent about the Mods and their unfair behaviour though...LOL

I'll bet not. The very idea!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: