AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Den_muggle's mother

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildflower

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Den_muggle's mother Reply with quote

I'm posting this here instead of L'Avenue, because Denise is known to all of us who are or were on CoS and not to the general AV membership. I just received this information from her, that I'm sharing with you. I shall tell her directly that we all are with her in spirit and sending our condolences, but if you want to do it personally, please, by all means, do so. I know I was very touched when you did that for me when my husband passed.

Quote:
I know not all of you are equally interested in the details, but I don't feel like composing several emails. Ignore what doesn't interest you.

She died in Columbus Hospice center, Bartholomew County, Indiana on April 14, 2013 about 8 pm. She got a "slight" respiratory infection a couple of weeks ago. It caused her to be weak enough that she fell 3 times in 5 days. One of those caused her a couple of broken ribs. With the decreased breathing & movement due to the pain of her broken ribs, pneumonia quickly set in. She went to Major Hospital in Shelbyville ICU last Tuesday for one day, then they transferred her to Columbus Hospice for treatment & pain management on Wednesday. She was expected to be released in a week or so to return home. Thursday, she was a little weak but coherent. Friday, she was virtually unresponsive & continued getting weaker, succumbing to the pneumonia on Sunday evening. I was with her, holding her hand as she took her last breaths.

Mom's funeral will be this Friday @ 10 am at Murphy-Parks Funeral Home in Shelbyville. Visitation with family will be Thursday, 4-8 pm. If you need more info or directions, let me know. Her obit should be in the Shelbyville paper tomorrow or Wed. www.shelbynews.com

God bless,
Denise

Denise was extremely supportive of me on CoS and later during my husband Bill's illness and death, and I shall forever remember that. She's one of the many true and steadfast friends I made on CoS - which is why I still like CoS despite the way some of its Admins treated us.

ETA - Forgot to say - if you check the obit page in the Shelbyville paper, Denise's mother's name is Jeanne Losey.
Du Khach
Herald

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Condolences Reply with quote

Wildflower, please be sure to tell Den_muggle that we're all behind her and supporting her in these sad sad times.

I remember how kind and helpful to everybody over in CoS. She also was the Queen of Smilies, she came up with some great and cute ones for every occasion.

I don't know whether she remembers me, but I do her, and I am very much saddened by her loss.
inkling7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Condolences Reply with quote

I think quite a few of us know what she is going through and please give her our condolences even though I didn't know her I can understand what she is going through... it is always very hard to lose someone you love....
The Shuttle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Condolences Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
I think quite a few of us know what she is going through and please give her our condolences even though I didn't know her I can understand what she is going through... it is always very hard to lose someone you love....

Yes indeed. Our warmest thoughts go to Den and her family. hug
Cho_Lover
Herald

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Memories of Den_Muggle Reply with quote

I have such great memories of Denise and the time we spent on CoS - from the Ministerial elections to solving that locked room mystery, to the signature swaps and smilies displays.

She was the one to call our "detective team" The Winning Team, arguing that, whether we won or not, we would be remembered under that name! very happy As it happened, we did win, and we got "Winning Teamsters" as user titles. That was cool. Cool At one point all 8 of us had the same signature, the 8 team members in silhouette, with an arrow indicating which one we were. I'll have to dig it out some time.

With all that, it's difficult to forget Denise. And we all feel for her in her loss. Please be sure to let her know that, Wildflower, when you next write her. Give her a big hug for me, OK?
Wildflower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Message from Denise Reply with quote

This is the message I got from her today:

Quote:
Please tell everyone I appreciate their kind words. It helps to have friends at such a time. I also posted the news in the vent thread on COS, since I didn't really know where else to post there.

If you're interested, you can read the poems I wrote for her on my poetry blog: www.praisesandphrases.wordpress.com. The 3 most recent are ones I've written in the last couple of days since her death.

Thanks again and hug hug for all your kindness.

inkling7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Poems Reply with quote

Ah Den - nice comforting poems.....
The Shuttle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Poems Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
Ah Den - nice comforting poems.....

They are. Just. Beautiful.

The first one made me cry. Crying or Very sad
Fawkesfan1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Den's mom Reply with quote

Heard about her mother's passing on COS, Sad, so sad.
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Vent thread? Reply with quote

There's a vent thread on COS? Where, in Hogsmeade? Confused

My huggles to DenMuggle as well, added to Bill's and whomevers. hug
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
inkling7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Error? Reply with quote

I think the vent thread remark might have been an error due to her grief and she meant something else although I don't know what.... super grin
Cho_Lover
Herald

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Vent thread? Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
There's a vent thread on COS? Where, in Hogsmeade? Confused

Yes, there's a Vent thread in Hogsmeade. It was no error. A rather popular thread too, at least when I was around there. People would complain about anything, from their best friend "borrowing" their favorite sweater and not returning it, to financial problems, to more tragic events.
inkling7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Venting Reply with quote

But I bet your couldn't vent about the Mods and their unfair behaviour though...LOL
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: vent thread Reply with quote

I could have used that thread back in the day. I got a couple of Mod Reprimands for venting about such things as my sister picking fights with my husband and my sons being all young and dumb about stuff in "Light-hearted just-for-fun" threads like the Hogwarts Common Room.

Of course I was never invited to Hogsmeade so I never knew such a thread existed. I was told to vent in private owls. Which is silly, because while you can owl a group of people it's inconvenient to carry on a group conversation that way. You might owl a group, but you're the only one that sees the reply unless you take the time to forward the owl to everyone. Also people you didn't owl can't see the conversation and chime in if they have common experiences or advice or interest or whatever.

I'm rambling again. shifty
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
4Wizards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Venting Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
But I bet your couldn't vent about the Mods and their unfair behaviour though...LOL

I'll bet not. The very idea!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: