AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
The Welcome thread: Hi everybody!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oerba Dia Vanille
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: The Welcome thread: Hi everybody! Reply with quote

Hiya all- I was Schlubalybub on CoS, and I got the link for here on ArryGrotter's site.

Looks quite good around here!
Wildflower

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Hi everybody! Reply with quote

Oerba dia Vanille wrote:
Hiya all- I was Schlubalybub on CoS, and I got the link for here on ArryGrotter's site

Looks quite good around here!

Welcome, Oerba dia Vanille! You do choose the strangest usernames! Very Happy

Happy to have you here! Nice avatar!

I split the thread from "CoS is closing down", so you're the first one to have her welcome message here. very happy
Oerba Dia Vanille
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Cool! Reply with quote

Hey, that's cool!

My name here is a character from Final Fantasy XIII (that's her in my avatar super grin ), and my CoS username was from the TV show Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps- it's a made up word meaning the warm fuzzy feeling you get in your tummy when you're in love. And I spelled it wrong, it's meant to have another L in it somewhere.

A bit more about me- I'm 27, I'm from Wales in the UK. I'm interested in reading, writing, knitting and watching TV. I like to walk when the weather's fine, but I actually prefer cold weather. I live with my boyfriend and have done for the past eight years.

I hope to enjoy using this site- I've seen some great threads I'd like to get involved in. What's your policy on bumping old threads?
Wildflower

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Thread Policy Reply with quote

Oerba dia Vanille wrote:
I hope to enjoy using this site- I've seen some great threads I'd like to get involved in. What's your policy on bumping old threads?

Glad to hear it, looking forward to your input. Very Happy

You may post a response in any thread you have an interest in*, it'll revive it and bump it up to the top of the page. Go ahead and have fun!

* Even those that are archived, but then you'd better make a copy and paste of whatever you want to respond to, then start a new thread in one of the active subforums.
Oerba Dia Vanille
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Thread Policy Reply with quote

Excellent! I only ask because I am a member of manymany forums, and they all have different rules- some prefer to bump ancient threads than make a new one, others prefer you to make a new one than bump something that hasn't been posted in for six years...I like to get that out in the open within a new website, cos I always ended up doing it wrong!
Wildflower

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Thread Policy Reply with quote

Oerba dia Vanille wrote:
Excellent! I only ask because I am a member of manymany forums, and they all have different rules- some prefer to bump ancient threads than make a new one, others prefer you to make a new one than bump something that hasn't been posted in for six years...I like to get that out in the open within a new website, cos I always ended up doing it wrong!

No problem here. We're a very laid-back site. Apart from numerous accidental bans (including my banning myself a couple of times, LOL), only one person has been actually barred from AV, and this because he really crossed the line, using the "c" and "f" words written out in full during an argument. Other than that, the worst that can happen to a member is being sent to the War Room or committed to the Void (the latter is not visible to members, only to staff).

Anyway, as long as everybody's polite, stays away from profanities, and don't stray too far and too often off-topic, respect each other's pov's, you're OK here. Thread logistics per se is pretty flexible. If we discuss it between Mods, it's in the Admins Lounge, which is not visible to the rest of you. So, within the parameters set above, feel free to post, or respond to posts, whenever and wherever you wish. Very Happy

Happy chatting!
Du Khach
Herald

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Welcome! Reply with quote

Welcome to AV, Oerba dia Vanille! I remember you from CoS, I always found your username over there intriguing, and impossible to remember, let alone spell right! bleh

I was Alien_Visitor over there. I have the rare distinction of having been banned and reinstated twice, until the last time, when there was a blanket ban of what was mostly AV Vietnamese members and their significant others. But that's ancient history.

Please jump in and join the debates, you can see they cover a good many subjects and topics. Discussion can be, um, lively at times, but it's all in good fun and friendship - except when you end up in the War Room. A stroll through there can be quite entertaining. super grin

Looking forward to reading your posts and opinions. Very Happy
inkling7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Welcome! Reply with quote

I second or should that be third the welcome here.. wave hello goodbye

Failte to the forum...

I'm an Aussie BTW but plan to visit the UK where my ancestors came from....
Oerba Dia Vanille
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Hiya! Thanks for all the welcomes Smile
Fawkesfan1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Hey, I remember you from COS as well Smile. Welcome!
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Welcome to ArryGrotter! Reply with quote

A very warm to ArryGrotter! So happy to have you with us!

Now Inkling can talk to you all she wants, LOL!!! Very Happy
ArryGrotter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to ArryGrotter! Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
A very warm to ArryGrotter! So happy to have you with us!

Now Inkling can talk to you all she wants, LOL!!! Very Happy

Thanks for the welcome!

Hi Inkling!! We haven't talked in soooo long Smile
inkling7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Hellooooooo Arry! Reply with quote

Hellooooooo Arry!

I can't get into your site my three browsers won't let me in so it could be the firewall on my ISP thingy but it's great to hear from you..

Last night Miss (just turned) Ten, Master Eight and I sat up most of the night watching the first two Harry Potter movies.... It was daylight when we finally got to bed...LOL But it is school holidays after all....
super grin
ArryGrotter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Hellooooooo Arry! Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
Hellooooooo Arry!

I can't get into your site my three browsers won't let me in so it could be the firewall on my ISP thingy but it's great to hear from you..

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I really don't know why that is :/

Life still good with you? Smile
inkling7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: ISP Reply with quote

Life is OK and will talk to my ISP as to why I can't access your site... super grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: