AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Dragon Quidditch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proud Puff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: DQ Roster Reply with quote

The Shuttle wrote:
Ya know, it occurs to me, reading through the previous games, that the Weasley twins were a lot more entertaining in the stands and interfering in the commentators booth (with McGonagall desperately trying to keep them in line) than playing themselves.

Good point, Shuttle. Agreement

The Tweeds twins were members of CoS, caught in the dragnet and banned with the AV group and a few others like Lunatic. They have dropped from Internet sight as far as I know (no idea who they are). But replacing the Weasley twins with the Tweed twins (now also fictional characters) is an idea. Your other suggestions are good too. Ginnie and Charlie, or some imports from other worlds.

What does everybody think? We'll go with majority rule.
The single best word to describe Hufflepuff is not loyal or patient or honest ... much less simple. It's STRONG. Like the earth. Hufflepuff may not always win ... but they refuse to lose. Beat them down ... they come back. As long as one Hufflepuff is still standing, they'll pull all the rest back to their feet. Attack one of them and you've made an enemy of all of them.
The last witch or wizard standing will be from that House.
THESE are the values of Hufflepuff.
From Minisinoo's "Hufflepuff House"
Proud Puff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Updated Roster Reply with quote

Reposting updated roster from previous page for ease of reference. I put Shuttle's suggestions in parenthesis, waiting for the rest of you to voice your opinions. The final roster will be posted just before the game begins.

Team One/Reds:
Captain and Seeker: Bill Cho Lover on Firebrand
Keeper: Ron Weasley on Norberta
Beater 1: Fred Weasley (Tweedlidum? Ginny? A Pernese rider?) on Nessie
Beater 2: George Weasley (Tweedlidam? Charlie? Daenarys?) on Holey
Chaser 1: Witchsmart on Anamaria
Chaser 2 Roar on Smaug
Chaser 3: LesBleus on Sirrush

Team Two/Blues:
Captain and Seeker: Cho Chang on Farlith
Keeper: Oliver Wood on Nimrauglir
Beater 1: Laurelluin on the Jabberwock
Beater 2: Inkling Julie on Diarmidh
Chaser 1: Rob Proud Puff on Firioth
Chaser 2: Mimosa on PhoenixFriend
Chaser 3: Asteria on Tanith
The single best word to describe Hufflepuff is not loyal or patient or honest ... much less simple. It's STRONG. Like the earth. Hufflepuff may not always win ... but they refuse to lose. Beat them down ... they come back. As long as one Hufflepuff is still standing, they'll pull all the rest back to their feet. Attack one of them and you've made an enemy of all of them.
witchsmart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: DQ Roster Reply with quote

The Shuttle wrote:
Ya know, it occurs to me, reading through the previous games, that the Weasley twins were a lot more entertaining in the stands and interfering in the commentators booth (with McGonagall desperately trying to keep them in line) than playing themselves. I cracked up at some of their stuff, like them boasting they'd tried to poison someone or played another prank.

Would someone take their place so they could do the same in this game? Ginny could take one of the Beater spots if we want to keep it in the Weasley family, and we could bring in Charlie, who had been a Quidditch star when he was at Hogwarts.

Or we could bring in Tweedlidum and Tweedlidam who were also playing in the CoS DQ games. We could also import someone from Pern or Westeros. We had Jaxom in one CoS game. We could ask Daenarys over from Westeros. Better yet, two of our members could borrow Nessie and Holey and free Fred and George to disrupt the proceedings and driving McGonagall and Snape up the wall. Twisted Evil

Just a suggestion. It's just that they were so funny in those archived games from the CoS DQ times. But I guess they can wreak as much havoc and give as as many laughs from the Pitch. *shrug*

I think you greatly underestimate the power of the Weasley twins if you think they'll be limited by being on the field. Plus there's always a good penalty or two to get them in the stands. Wink

But of course, we'll be able to hear their jokes better if they're not whizzing by on dragons, so however it works out.
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: DQ Roster Reply with quote

witchsmart wrote:
The Shuttle wrote:
Ya know, it occurs to me, reading through the previous games, that the Weasley twins were a lot more entertaining in the stands and interfering in the commentators booth (with McGonagall desperately trying to keep them in line) than playing themselves. I cracked up at some of their stuff, like them boasting they'd tried to poison someone or played another prank.

Would someone take their place so they could do the same in this game? Ginny could take one of the Beater spots if we want to keep it in the Weasley family, and we could bring in Charlie, who had been a Quidditch star when he was at Hogwarts.

Or we could bring in Tweedlidum and Tweedlidam who were also playing in the CoS DQ games. We could also import someone from Pern or Westeros. We had Jaxom in one CoS game. We could ask Daenarys over from Westeros. Better yet, two of our members could borrow Nessie and Holey and free Fred and George to disrupt the proceedings and driving McGonagall and Snape up the wall. Twisted Evil

Just a suggestion. It's just that they were so funny in those archived games from the CoS DQ times. But I guess they can wreak as much havoc and give as as many laughs from the Pitch. *shrug*

I think you greatly underestimate the power of the Weasley twins if you think they'll be limited by being on the field. Plus there's always a good penalty or two to get them in the stands. Wink

But of course, we'll be able to hear their jokes better if they're not whizzing by on dragons, so however it works out.

On this, I have to agree with WitchSmart. Additionally, I see no need to further tweak the team roster just to have other ghost players on the team. If a real user with a screen name wants to play Beater to free the Twins to commentate, e.g. Shuttle or RavenStar (both of whom have expressed interest but not signed up to be on a team), that would be different. Hopefully there will be more games so that other suggestions can be implemented at later dates!

'Nother thought occured to me after I walked away from the computer last night. For the first time, we will have talking dragons on the Pitch! Nimrauglir and Smaug are both from Arda, and Morgoth's dragons are very sharp-tongued. As snarky as Snape, the Twins, and Daggerstone put together I expect. The Jabberwock also can talk, though I seem to remember most of his speeches as threats and braggodacio.

And Pernese dragons (Farlith, Firioth, and Tanith) are telepathic, though they usually communicate only with their riders. I've convinced Farlith and Firioth to bespeak their riders for this game, though Firi is a little reluctant. Rob, let me know if it's going to freak you out to "hear" her voice in your head during the game. Wink
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
Proud Puff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: DQ Reply with quote

You're right, let's stay as is, we'll see what we do for the next game.

Heh, talking dragons, telepathic dragons, cool! Cool No, talking dragons don't freak me out. I'm looking forward to some constructive exchanges with Firioth. super grin

Quote:
As snarky as Snape, the Twins, and Daggerstone put together I expect.

Something to look forward to! Should be... entertaining to say the least. Twisted Evil
Sunday is the day after tomorrow, less than 48 hours! Can't wait...
Wildflower

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: AV Picture Banner Reply with quote

As you can see, I changed the banner in honour of our first ever Dragon Quidditch game.

Of course I can't put in Quidditch pictures without having Cedric Diggory in somewhere, even if he's sitting this particular game out. wink

The pictures will change from time to time, so all dragons are featured. Witchie, do we have pictures of AnaMaria?

About 36 hours to "kick-off". Countdown has begun, referees stand ready. I have a couple of pictures of Snape as referee, but haven't posted them yet. Maybe on a later banner. He's hardly a priority, aesthetically or otherwise. shameless grin
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Absent for the game's beginning. Reply with quote

And it's sadly about 10 minutes until I'm off the Internet for the night. And 24 hours after that, I will be off for the weekend. I won't be able to get back on for about 70 hours. Libraries are closed Sunday and Monday, and I don't get off work until 4:15. Then there's a twenty minute drive to the library, then log on.

So...try not to finish the game in those first couple days. You all will get to play me and my dragons however you want. If I find myself engaged to the referee, I will allow the Jabberwock to eat someone. Evil or Very Mad
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: DQ Reply with quote

My dragon Diarmidh talks with a Scottish accent the same as Cho Chang. How come Cedric isn't playing? Was he a Quidditch player? I can't remember and it has been so long since I read the books.. super grin
witchsmart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: AV Picture Banner Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:

The pictures will change from time to time, so all dragons are featured. Witchie, do we have pictures of AnaMaria?

Thought I'd put one of Anamaria on here somewhere.

It's a bit small, but it's a good shot of her relaxing in the ice waters near her home.
gapeach1004

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Piccolo's here! Reply with quote

Everyone calm down. Picc and I are here. We're ready to fight, I mean play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: