AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
The Mystery in Song of Ice and Fire
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Spoilers Reply with quote

Girl_on_Fire wrote:
Do you have a DVD player, then you could maybe rent the dvds of the first 2 seasons? It's worth it, believe me!

It's a really neat fantasy series. ten Enjoy!

DVD player? without a TV?

Oh, you mean on the computer?

Lol, it's not even my computer I use, I have to go to a public library to do fun stuff online. I don't know if they let you bring in DVD's from Blockbuster and play them on library computers.
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Haven't read or seen it either Reply with quote

Don't worry I have neither read the books or seen any of the series on TV as it came up on pay TV here and I refuse to pay to watch TV.... super grin
Mu*a Ru*ng

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: DVD Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
Don't worry I have neither read the books or seen any of the series on TV as it came up on pay TV here and I refuse to pay to watch TV.... super grin

You can always download it for free from the Net.

In Europe, it's the top most downloaded tv series ever. The copies I have were downloaded. The official dvds cost a fortune, more than the subscription for pay tv. Who wants to spend the money?

You can also read summaries of the book on-line, also for free. Easier and faster than reading GRRM's loooooong-drawn storylines. It's even legal. Twisted Evil
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Downloading shows Reply with quote

Download it? Maybe if you are in the UK or the US but sometimes hard to download stuff here in Australia because you aren't in the correct country... same with our stuff here - people overseas can't download shows made here overseas and complain about that....

Not to worry as I'm not that fussed about seeing it or even reading the series at the moment and it might come to free to air TV here eventually...
super grin
Lisa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reading the summaries online Reply with quote

Mu*a Ru*ng wrote:
You can also read summaries of the book on-line, also for free. Easier and faster than reading GRRM's loooooong-drawn storylines. It's even legal. Twisted Evil

That's a good idea! The books are kinda difficult to get into, especially after the third one. I for one prefer reading the "Red Wedding" scene in a few paragraphs than a whole chapter.

I wonder how they'll do that scene on tv. On paper it turned off a lot of readers. I wonder if on screen it will have the same effect on viewers.
The Shuttle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Song of Ice and Fire Reply with quote

Kerowyn wrote:
There's a faithful following on CoS, where the debate on characters can sometimes get as heated as the one on Snape and the Marauders, LOL!!

Yeah, I saw that. People jump on each other over their favorite characters. Some get away with it, because those threads are not monitored as closely as the HP-related threads. shameless grin
Strawberry07

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: Jon Snow's fate Reply with quote

I finished A Dance with Dragons a few days ago, and wow. I wasn't looking forward to finishing the book, because this time I can't go off and get the next one. Sad

I was delighted to see the theory about Jon Snow's parentage here - I had my suspicions on that from the first book - all of Ned's thoughts about Lyanna and mysterious promises, and not including Jon when he mentally listed his children. Hmm.

And there are so many more questions now. Is this "Robert Strong" Gregor Clegane? Perhaps that creepy Qyburn healed him instead of killing him?

Steph-Le-Fou-de-Paris wrote:
Jon, also, seemed to be slipping into Ghost at the end of the chapter. Whether just because he was unconcious or for his second life we don't know. However, I think it would make more narrative sense if he died, at least temporarily and it also would explain the Prologue to "Dance" - where we see Varamyr Sixskins explaining to us how death and second life works for wargs.

I hope Jon is still alive, or at least is revived by Melisandre; he's one of my favourite characters. But I do hope he isn't in Ghost's body for the rest of the series.

The Shuttle - I've had a look at different discussions, including the one on CoS, and most of them seem to get very heated, and sometimes nasty. There's a lot of irrational character hatred going on, too. Rolling Eyes
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: Jon Snow's fate Reply with quote

Strawberry07 wrote:
I was delighted to see the theory about Jon Snow's parentage here - I had my suspicions on that from the first book - all of Ned's thoughts about Lyanna and mysterious promises, and not including Jon when he mentally listed his children. Hmm.

So what's the theory here? I haven't read Dance with Dragons. Nor Feast for Crows either. It got to be too heavy reading for me. Heavy in every sense. Holding one of those books gives you your weight-lifting session for the day!

So, is Jon Lyanna's and Rhaegar's son? That would make him a Targaryen and maybe one of the three heads of the Dragon?

I, too, hope he's not really dead.
Strawberry07

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Jon Snow's fate Reply with quote

Nowhere Man wrote:
Strawberry07 wrote:

So what's the theory here? I haven't read Dance with Dragons. Nor Feast for Crows either. It got to be too heavy reading for me. Heavy in every sense. Holding one of those books gives you your weight-lifting session for the day!

So, is Jon Lyanna's and Rhaegar's son? That would make him a Targaryen and maybe one of the three heads of the Dragon?

I, too, hope he's not really dead.

The Lyanna and Rhaegar theory? Yep, that's the one I was referring to. Well, nothing has been confirmed yet in the books. Which I see as a good indication that Jon isn't dead. Why have all the build-up and mystery around his true parentage, and then kill the character off before it's resolved?!
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Why Kill Jon before we know his Mum? Reply with quote

Because killing characters off is what G.R.R. Martin does best? bleh
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Writers' Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: