AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Don't want to talk about Snape? Discuss Elves!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Baby Elves Reply with quote

4Wizards wrote:
For that matter, I don't remember seeing any baby elves or even elf children in Lord of the Rings either. Were Elrond, Arwen, Glorfindel et al. just born adults and stayed that way, unchanging or hardly changing, for millenia? You don't see elderly elves either, whether on HP or LotR. In the latter, they're all in the prime of life. Let's say between 25 (Arwen, Legolas) and 50 (Elrond, Galadriel...). In HP, Kreacher may be a bit older than Winky and Dobby, but it's hard to tell.

What's a House Elf's life span anyway? confused LotR elves are immortal unless killed in battle, or unless like Arwen they marry a mortal.

I don't know about the Potterverse's House Elves, but I do know that LOTR elves have children in the same way that humans do. They have a lesser sex drive, though, so don't have as many.

Also, Arwen and Elrond both have some human ancestry through Beren and some Maian (that's kind of like a goddess or an angel) ancestry through Melian, while Legolas and Galadriel are of pure elven ancestry.

Sorry, off-topic a bit I know, but 4Wizards asked a LotR question and I certainly don't see a current LotR thread! Although with the release of the first Hobbit movie maybe there should be one.

(Nips off to check the forum with movies in) Fishie
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
Eowyn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Elves, Hobbits et al. Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
(Nips off to check the forum with movies in) Fishie

A Hobbit thread has been opened in the Entertainment subforum. Very Happy
sjcuk13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Baby elves Reply with quote

One convasation I remember having on COS is how house elves reproduce. I remember writing and essey and a half on the subject. Can anyone find this?

EDIT: this is not the one I remember but it is one I do remember.
http://www.cosforums.com/archive/index.php/t-128253.html

Find me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/stacey.corner.37 please send me a message first so I know it is you Smile

Proud to be a
[/color]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: