AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Did JKR show favouritism in her writing?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildflower

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Splitting threads Reply with quote

Asteria wrote:
But we've wandered very far from the subject of this thread, which is favoritism in JKR's writing. I'm surprised a Mod, especially Fleur, hasn't split the thread yet. bleh

I did think of it, but the thread is so tangled that there's no logical place to cut it off (which I have done several times already) and I'm too busy to bother, so I'm just letting it go. super grin

I hadn't heard about the Potters using the Invisibility Cloak for nefarious doings. I agree with Asteria. The James haters are really stretching it. What will they find next, I wonder?
RavenStar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Potter characters Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
Ugly but good?

I wouldn't call Hagrid handsome, would you? Question
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Ugly but good HP characters? Reply with quote

Quote:
Ugly but good the only person I can think of is the woman from the cackling stump.

Babbity Rabbity?
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song

Last edited by Laurelluin on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Proud Puff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Ugly but good HP characters? Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
Babbity Rabbity?

Who's that? wonder
The single best word to describe Hufflepuff is not loyal or patient or honest ... much less simple. It's STRONG. Like the earth. Hufflepuff may not always win ... but they refuse to lose. Beat them down ... they come back. As long as one Hufflepuff is still standing, they'll pull all the rest back to their feet. Attack one of them and you've made an enemy of all of them.
The last witch or wizard standing will be from that House.
THESE are the values of Hufflepuff.
From Minisinoo's "Hufflepuff House"
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Babbity Rabbity Reply with quote

From Tales of Beadle the Bard.

I believe Ron also mentions her in DH, possibly Will and Won't or the Will of Albus Dumbledore chapters. He seems to think that Harry and Hermione ought to know the stories, though they were raised by Muggles. He also thinks Cinderella is the name of some sort of disease. Razz
The Turning Tower
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Potter characters Reply with quote

sjcuk13 wrote:
The guy with the hunchback in the movies I thought was meant to be Tom. As Harry is talking to the (then) minister and in the books it is Tom who brings in the crumpets, however I can't currently watch my DVDs of it so not sure that it is Tom.

If I recall correctly Fudge even calls that hunchback guy "Tom." I would agree, he qualifies as ugly but good. win
The Turning Tower
Proud Puff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: The Potters' wealth Reply with quote

sjcuk13 wrote:
As for the history of the potters yes we know they are an old wizarding family but why does that automatically mean they have a lot of gold sat in the bank?

It's not "automatic", but it's canon, as Asteria says. Remember when Harry first gets to Gringotts and discovers he actually has tons of gold? Obviously inherited wealth, since James died very young, barely out of Hogwarts, and hadn't had time to make his own fortune. I don't think working for the Order paid overmuch.

Regarding "ugly but good", I'd tend to side with Ravenstar. Hagrid would never be cast as the leading man in a romantic movie... ((Mimosa just made me laugh, commenting "He couldn't play Mr. Darcy, that's for sure!") He is however, undeniably good.
The single best word to describe Hufflepuff is not loyal or patient or honest ... much less simple. It's STRONG. Like the earth. Hufflepuff may not always win ... but they refuse to lose. Beat them down ... they come back. As long as one Hufflepuff is still standing, they'll pull all the rest back to their feet. Attack one of them and you've made an enemy of all of them.
The last witch or wizard standing will be from that House.
THESE are the values of Hufflepuff.
From Minisinoo's "Hufflepuff House"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: