AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
The Marauding Cafe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildflower

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Oops! Reply with quote

gapeach1004 wrote:
I'll pretend the first cake doesn't say shakti (whoever decorated that cake put the "a" on backwards, twice!).

Ooops! Embarassed

Sorry Gapeach, I only saw the name after I'd posted the pic. Then I was too lazy to edit or change it. Or I thought maybe Shakti was your nickname or something? wink

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good birthday. Very Happy
RavenStar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Happy Belated Birthday! Reply with quote

I'm coming in late, but I come bearing gifts. gift gift

Happy Belated Birthday, Gapeach!

Say, is there any cake and champagne left? Aah, great, thank you, pixie waitress! very happy
Laurelluin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Shakti's birthday, lol Reply with quote

Isn't Shakti just "sweetheart" in... idk, one of the Slavic or Germanic languages maybe?

In which case, it fits our Georgia Peach just fine, because she is a sweet person.

Belated happy b-day, my dear; you know I just don't have enough time online anymore so I miss all the good parties. I barely have time to brew a potion twice a week!
The Turning Tower
The three trials, The three Terrors
The Bard who plays the Night into Song
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Shakti's birthday Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
Isn't Shakti just "sweetheart" in... idk, one of the Slavic or Germanic languages maybe?

In which case, it fits our Georgia Peach just fine, because she is a sweet person.

Thank you for bailing me out of that one, Laurelluin. Very Happy hug
The Shuttle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Shakti Reply with quote

I Googled "Shakti" and here's what I found. Ain't it wild?

Shakti (from Sanskrit shak, "to be able"), meaning sacred force or empowerment, is the primordial cosmic energy and represents the dynamic forces that are thought to move through the entire universe in Hinduism. Shakti is the concept, or personification, of divine feminine creative power, sometimes referred to as 'The Great Divine Mother' in Hinduism. On the earthly plane, Shakti most actively manifests through female embodiment and creativity/fertility, though it is also present in males in its potential, unmanifest form.

Gapeach, I'd be flattered to be called "Shakti" if I were you!! super grin
The Shuttle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Potion Brewing Reply with quote

Laurelluin wrote:
Belated happy b-day, my dear; you know I just don't have enough time online anymore so I miss all the good parties. I barely have time to brew a potion twice a week!

To think that I've never brewed a potion in my whole life, and here's someone who barely has time to brew one twice a week! Rolling Eyes

ETA - Oops, new page. Time to repost the menu.

Sample Menu:

Siriusly Black Coffee (dark roast), James Java, Lily Latte, Moony Mocha, Delinquent Decaf, Marauders Macchiato, Tonk's Metamorphmagus Frapuccino, Lunar Hot Cocoa

Welsh Green Dragon Tea, Hebridean Black Tea, Patil Darjeeling Tea, Cho Changhai Chai Tea, Whomping Willow Herb Tea, Remus Wolfsbane Tea, Trelawney's Trippy Herbal Tea (may cause visions)

Butterbeer (by popular demand), Shrieking Strawberry Smoothie, Moony's Mango Smoothie, Laurelluin Sparkling Water, Greengrass Avocado Shake

Tonks Tequila Sunset, Ale of the Phoenix

D'Lily'icious Red Velvet Cake, Moony's Chocolate Brownies, Luscious Lily Scones, Lily Love Hearts, Animagus Apple Pie, Forbidden Forest Gateau, Beastly Biscotti, Padfoot's Peanut Butter Pie, Prong's Pecan Delight, Moony's Mud Cake, Tonk's Rainbow Tort, Canary Creams, Molly's Mighty Magic Muffins

Padfoot's and Prong's Flatbread Pizza, Venison Potter Pie, Butterbear (something that Hagrid brought in that might be bear steaks, marinated in butterbeer and grilled), FleurDuJardin Brochettes, Kreacher's Steak-and-Kidney Pie, Room of Requirement Wrap of the Day, Peter PettiStew (which is Stone Soup-- er, okay, really just Soup of the Day)

Seasonal: Cho Changhai Iced Tea, Tonks Roasted Lamb Chops (they change colors!), Luna Chocolate Snorkack Eggs.

Ice Creams: Fleur's French vanilla, Remus Lupin's (have some) chocolate (you'll feel better), Tonks' Rainbow Sorbet

RavenStar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: I solemnly swear... Reply with quote

... that I need a Siriusly Black coffee to perk myself up.

Ah, thank you pixie waitress, just what the doctor ordered!!!

Coffee managed! super grin
Cho_Lover
Herald

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Happy Birthday to DNA1023! Reply with quote

There's cake and champagne for DNA1023's birthday at the Meet and Greet Pub. Come one, come all, and have fun! Cake wine balloons

We can also start a feast here if we're so inclined. Very Happy

Happy Birthday, DNA! Rose
Winterfell

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: This is a nice place! Reply with quote

I'm just discovering this. But the cafe looks deserted. Where is everybody?

OK, I solemnly swear I need a Tonks Tequila Sunset!

Drink managed! super grin
Roar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: I solemnly swear... Reply with quote

I solemnly swear, I need some Siriusly Black Coffee!

It is quiet in here.

I'll just relax by the window for awhile, and enjoy the view as it wanders past.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: