AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
The Marauding Cafe
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: The Marauding Cafe Reply with quote

Welcome to The Marauding Café
Lily and the Marauders, fresh out of school, have opened a cafe. They decided to share ownership of the business, and are mostly absent as they go about their more pressing assignments as members of the Order of the Phoenix. The Marauding Cafe magically moves about so that the Death Eaters can't find it. Patrons get a Marauding Cafe Map so they can find it-- just tap the Map with a wand and say "I solemny swear I want tea and crumpets". When done, "Meal managed" will hide the Map. The Map will simply insult any Death Eaters who try, though.

Please come in and enjoy the refreshing treats, and catch up with your fellow patrons as they take a well deserved break from fighting off the minions of the Dark Arts.

Sample Menu:

Siriusly Black Coffee (dark roast), James Java, Lily Latte, Moony Mocha, Delinquent Decaf, Marauders Macchiato, Tonk's Metamorphmagus Frapuccino, Lunar Hot Cocoa

Welsh Green Dragon Tea, Hebridean Black Tea, Patil Darjeeling Tea, Cho Changhai Tea, Whomping Willow Herb Tea, Remus Wolfsbane Tea, Trelawney's Trippy Herbal Tea (may cause visions)

Butterbeer (by popular demand), Shrieking Strawberry Smoothie, Moony's Mango Smoothie, Laurelluin Sparkling Water

Tonks Tequila Sunset, Ale of the Phoenix

D'Lily'icious Red Velvet Cake, Moony's Chocolate Brownies, Luscious Lily Scones, Lily Love Hearts, Animagus Apple Pie, Forbidden Forest Gateau, Beastly Biscotti, Padfoot's Peanut Butter Pie, Prong's Pecan Delight, Moony's Mud Cake, Tonk's Rainbow Tort, Canary Creams, Molly's Mighty Magic Muffins

Padfoot's and Prong's Flatbread Pizza, Venison Potter Pie, Butterbear (something that Hagrid brought in that might be bear steaks, marinated in butterbeer and grilled), FleurDuJardin Brochettes, Kreacher's Steak-and-Kidney Pie, Room of Requirement Wrap of the Day, Peter PettiStew (which is Stone Soup-- er, okay, really just Soup of the Day)

Seasonal: Padfoot's Peppermint Cocoa, Prong's Pumpkin Spice Latte

Last edited by Roar on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:53 am; edited 15 times in total
Wildflower

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Let me be the first customer! Reply with quote

I solemny swear I want tea and crumpets!

Could I have a pot of Remus Wolfsbane Tea with a plate of Luscious Lily Scones, please?

Aaah, thank you, just what I needed! very happy

Meal Managed!
Asteria

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: This looks... interesting Reply with quote

I solemny swear I want tea and crumpets!

Hey, it worked for me!! super grin

I feel kind of obligated to try the Peter PettiStew Pho

Not bad, actually.

Oh, hello there Fleur, fancy meeting you here! How do you like this place? Pretty cool, what? I wish Draco could come in. He's not a DE any more you know, he's changed quite a lot. Do you think you could make an exception for him? It'd be very sporting of you. Smile
Strawberry07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Mocha and cake, please! Reply with quote

I solemnly swear I want tea and crumpets!

Hi, could I get a cup of Moony Mocha and a slice of D'Lily'icious Red Velvet Cake please?

Mmm, that was tasty!

Meal Managed!
Cho_Lover
Herald

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Marauding around Reply with quote

I solemnly swear I want tea and crumpets!

A cup of James Java and some Moony's chocolate brownies for me, if you please.

Does the Café serve butterbeer by any chance?

Oh, I see Strawberry is here. Hello, Strawberry! wave hello goodbye Haven't I seen you in Hufflepuff Common Room on Pottermore the other day? We have to do better about House points, don't we? May I come over and sit with you? We can plan some ways to get more points for Hufflepuff. It's embarrassing, the way we're trailing the other three Houses. What would Cedric think? Tsk, tsk.

Would you like some more mocha or another slice of velvet cake? This round's on me. Very Happy
inkling7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Wanting tea and crumpets... Reply with quote

When I saw you needed to say you want tea and crumpets to be admitted to the cafe it actually made me want tea and crumpets so I sent my other half to the shop to buy some and we actually did have tea and crumpets - well he had coffee and crumpets... I had mine with butter and vegemite on them and he had butter and jam...LOL super grin
Warrior Princess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanting tea and crumpets... Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
When I saw you needed to say you want tea and crumpets to be admitted to the cafe it actually made me want tea and crumpets so I sent my other half to the shop to buy some and we actually did have tea and crumpets - well he had coffee and crumpets... I had mine with butter and vegemite on them and he had butter and jam...LOL super grin

Haha, that's very funny, Inkling7!!

Why don't you come in with your other half, sit and chat with the other patrons?

OK, I solemnly swear I want tea and crumpets!

Mmmm... Let me see... Since it's dinner time, I think I'll have Venison Potter Pie with some butterbeer. I don't see butterbeer on the menu, but what HP food establishment doesn't carry that, eh? wink And I'll top off the meal with some Sirius Black coffee.

Meal Managed! wave hello goodbye See you next time!

You don't want to mess with me! tough
GypsyGirl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Tea and crumpets Reply with quote

I solemnly swear I want tea and crumpets.
There we go. I actually don't drink tea but a James' Java and a LL scone sounds nice. All my grandson's could talk about from Universal was the butterbeer and could I get the recipe and make it for them. I took the mugs home with me and they want some for Nov 5 after we get back from the fireworks display on the beach.

Meal Managed
Roar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Wanting tea and crumpets... Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:

Laughing, that's great. Vegemite... I've heard of that. Are you Australian?

We can add butterbear to the menu; we definitely need some cold drinks. And more teas.

I solemnly swear I want tea and crumpets

Siriusly Black coffee for me, and a Luscious lily Scone to nibble on.

Meal managed.
Strawberry07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: The Common Room Reply with quote

I solemnly swear I need tea and crumpets

Hi, Cho_Lover! Come on over, this table is by the window.

Thanks, another cup of Moony Mocha would be great.

I popped in there, but I usually can't follow the conversation - does everyone have nicknames in the Common Room?
Yeah, we'll have to do something about the points. Maybe tackle Potions again? Shocked Hopefully duelling will be fixed when the site reopens.

Meal Managed!
Cho_Lover
Herald

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The Common Room Reply with quote

Strawberry07 wrote:
I solemnly swear I need tea and crumpets

Hi, Cho_Lover! Come on over, this table is by the window.

Thanks, another cup of Moony Mocha would be great.

I popped in there, but I usually can't follow the conversation - does everyone have nicknames in the Common Room?
Yeah, we'll have to do something about the points. Maybe tackle Potions again? Shocked Hopefully duelling will be fixed when the site reopens.

Meal Managed!

Thank you, Strawberry. *sits down, signs the hovering winged waitress for more Mocha*

Actually, I was speaking figuratively, I didn't actually see your Pottermore username in the Common Room itself (you're right, the conversation there moves too fast), it was a way of speaking. But I did see you occasionally when we were reading the same chapter, there would be an indication of "Friends on this chapter", and I'd see your name or Fleur's or some other friends'.

Yes, I'd really like duelling to re-open too, and I wish they would add Quidditch as a way of earning points. I did catch the Snitch in record time the first time I tried. win I wish I'd got some extra points for that. super grin How have you been doing at Potions? I managed one, but then after I melted one cauldron and lost 5 points, I decided to stay my hand for a while. I never did like Snape anyway, why whould I kill myself trying to brew a potion just so he can mock me if I fail?

Another Mocha for you? Or another slice of pie?

OK then. Meal Managed! It was so nice chatting with you. See you around! Very Happy
Roar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Potent Potables! Reply with quote

I just realized that I wrote butterbear instead of butterbeer. Sounds like some weird crossbreed that Hagrid came up with that's probably a lot more dangerous than it sounds.

I think I need several cups of Siriusly Black Coffee.
Cho_Lover
Herald

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Potent Potables! Reply with quote

Roar wrote:
I just realized that I wrote butterbear instead of butterbeer. Sounds like some weird crossbreed that Hagrid came up with that's probably a lot more dangerous than it sounds.

I think I need several cups of Siriusly Black Coffee.

IMO you should keep "Butterbear" on the menu, among the entrées - That's just the kind of dish Hagrid would like.
Roar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Potent Potables! Reply with quote

Cho_Lover wrote:
IMO you should keep "Butterbear" on the menu, among the entrées - That's just the kind of dish Hagrid would like.

ten Great idea. I'll put it under entrees: Butterbear (something that Hagrid brought in that might be bear steaks, marinated in butterbeer and grilled)
Warrior Princess

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Marauding Café Menu Reply with quote

Roar wrote:
Cho_Lover wrote:

ten Great idea. I'll put it under entrees: Butterbear (something that Hagrid brought in that might be bear steaks, marinated in butterbeer and grilled)

The menu looks more and more, ah, interesting. bleh

I suggest the sample menu be reposted at the top of every page. I'll do it right now.

Roar, if you want to do it, then I'll delete my post. If you do it, you can edit it, whereas you can't edit any post other than your own. Very Happy

You don't want to mess with me! tough
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Harry Potter All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: