AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
A Game Of Thrones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjcuk13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Episode 7 Reply with quote

I loved this episode I think I actually cheered when Littlefinger finally payed the price for being a bleeping bleep. I loved how his own words keep getting thrown back at him but they have 10 times the force when he gets hit with them.

I am curious who is actually going to "rule" the Vale now. Lets face it even if Robin was old enough to rule he will never be a leader.

The dragon pit was fun and so nice to see all them characters meet each other again and catch up for want of a better word Smile

For some reason The Wall coming down didn't wow me as much as I thought it would. It was still Epic but no WOW!

Find me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/stacey.corner.37 please send me a message first so I know it is you Smile

Proud to be a
[/color]
Kerowyn
Herald

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Episode 7 Reply with quote

sjcuk13 wrote:
I loved this episode I think I actually cheered when Littlefinger finally payed the price for being a bleeping bleep. I loved how his own words keep getting thrown back at him but they have 10 times the force when he gets hit with them.

I played that scene several times to savour it, LOL!!! ten

Quote:
I am curious who is actually going to "rule" the Vale now. Lets face it even if Robin was old enough to rule he will never be a leader.

No, no hope in Robin. I guess, for the time being, Lord Royce or whatever his name is, the one Littlefinger appealed to to take him back to the Eyrie and who blandly refused? (*)

Quote:
The dragon pit was fun and so nice to see all them characters meet each other again and catch up for want of a better word Smile

Yes, that was fun. Very Happy

Quote:
For some reason The Wall coming down didn't wow me as much as I thought it would. It was still Epic but no WOW!

Yeah, it was ok. I liked the blue fire, though. And the walls of ice coming down, coming down...

Didn't you like Rhaegar and Lyanna's wedding, though? Hearts I thought it was very sweet and well done, and the vows very touching. I agree, though, that it doesn't make sense that Bran didn't see that earlier - but that's just a ploy for them to slip in that scene just at this moment. Now when will Jon learn who he really is, is the next question.

I read in one of the leaks on Season 8 that Sansa ends up marrying Gendry, what do you all think of that?

(*) ETA: See the videoclip on the Top Ten predictions that Winterfell posted below. At about 4'15" into it, they refer to Lord Royce as the de facto leader of the Vale.
Winterfell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Bad news about Season 8 Reply with quote

When Does Season 8 of Game of Thrones Start? Well, We've Got Bad News . . .

If you'd rather get roasted alive by dragon fire than endure the long wait for Game of Thrones to return, then we suggest you start picking out vases for your ashes now. As much as it pains us to relay this information, HBO's fantasy drama probably won't drop season eight until some to-be-determined date in 2019.

Yes. As in, two whole years from now. Eek

According to The Hollywood Reporter, production on Game of Thrones won't resume until October and could run as late as August 2018. That means that the eighth season, which is only six episodes long, will likely make its final run in 2019, leaving a 16-month gap between seasons. "Our production people are trying to figure out a timeline for the shoot and how much time the special effects take," explained Casey Bloys, HBO programming president. "The shooting is complicated enough - on different continents, with all the technical aspects - and the special effects are a whole other production period that we're trying to figure out. That is a big factor in all of this."

The bright side of this is that while we all wither from old age, Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss already have the new episodes ready to go. Apparently all they need to do is wrangle the show's massive cast and build out a schedule (Drogon can be such a diva, you know?).

While the long wait is a buzzkill, it just means you have that much more time to devote yourself to Reddit theories about whether or not Bran is really the Night King, if Qyburn isn't as creepy as he seems, and all that auntie-nephew weirdness.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/does-season-8-game-thrones-210012395.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=2_14
Winterfell

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Jaime Walking Away from Cersei - Meaning Reply with quote

What It Means That Jaime Walked Away From Cersei in the Game of Thrones Finale

Jaime and Cersei have always been Game of Thrones' two closest characters, in a totally unhealthy, gross way, but also in the sense that they've never been close to turning their backs on one another. There have been times where it seemed Jaime was about to say goodbye (like after she blows up the Sept of Baelor), but he's always stuck by her, leading us to think their bond was unbreakable.

However, that bond finally breaks in the season seven finale, when Cersei reveals to Jaime that she was lying about the truce and will not be helping Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen fight the Great War against the dead. Smirking, Cersei insults Jaime's intelligence and declares that she has no intention of ever allying with the Starks and the Targaryens. Hurt that she had conspired with Euron Greyjoy and neglected to tell him, but, more importantly, flabbergasted that she can so blithely ignore the very real threat of the White Walkers, Jaime finally walks way from Cersei, telling her with finality, "I don't believe you." So now that Jaime is out of Cersei's clutches and seems to be heading out of King's Landing, what does it all mean? Here's that, plus were he might be going next.

Jaime Finally Acts on His Honor - and He's Not Going to Go Down With Cersei
We've weirdly been rooting for Jaime, a guy who's so villainous that he tries to murder a child in the series premiere, because he's shown a great amount of character development as the seasons have gone by. We've been waiting for the moment when he breaks from Cersei, so the fact that it finally happens means that he might be the guy we've hoped he could be. Actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau broke down the momentous act and why he finally walks away: "I guess she finally took it one step too far. He saw what he saw, and he understood the threat [of the dead], and he understood that clearly if they don't all work together, they don't stand a chance. And the fact that he knows his sister saw and recognized the same threat and her calculations led her to the exact opposite result - it's just shocking. I don't know why it took him so long to realize what the rest of the world always knew - that she is a crazy monster - but he finally did."

Cersei Will Devolve Into the Mad Queen Even More
You've heard of the Mad King? Well, there's pretty much nothing stopping Cersei from fully being the Mad Queen now. Jaime was really the only thing keeping her sane, and without him, she's free to be as crazy as she wants to be. I mean, the signs are already there - the fact that she ignores the threat of the world ending means she's more selfish than we thought. It also seems like her pregnancy has made her even more selfish, willing to do whatever she can to protect her offspring. We thought Cersei was already the Queen of Mean, but without Jaime, I don't think we've seen anything yet. Oh, and she'll probably, definitely marry Euron Greyjoy now, especially if this theory is true, and the only thing worse than one murderous loon is two.

He's Probably Going to Fight Alongside Jon and Daenerys
Sure, Jaime could be going to retire at his country home at Casterly Rock, but he clearly takes the White Walker threat so seriously that he's surely going to join the forces against the Night King. Jaime Lannister loves a battle, and he's got it - and for what it's worth, Coster-Waldau also thinks Jaime is going North. He also doesn't seem to have the hate in his heart for the Starks and Targaryens that would prevent him from joining them, especially since this is for the greater good. Oh, and this would mean he'll get to hang out with Brienne again. Maybe he could even get Bronn to come.

The Long-Held Theory That Jaime Might Kill Cersei Could Come Through
If Cersei isn't on Jon and Daenerys's side, she's a huge threat. She cares only about preserving herself and will stop at nothing to make sure she comes out on top. Again, Jaime's recognition that this is all for the greater good might also mean that he knows Cersei needs to die. It would be poetic if he fulfills the theory, based on Cersei's prophecy, and it will be Jaime who kills Cersei.
Winter_vs_Summer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Cut Scene Would've Explained Confusing Finale Moment Reply with quote

'Game Of Thrones' Actor Says Cut Scene Would've Explained Confusing Finale Moment
[HuffPost] Bill Bradley

Video at this link:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-game-thrones-apos-actor-153346389.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=2_14

“How do you answer these charges ... Lord Baelish?”

When Sansa (Sophie Turner) uttered those words in the “Game of Thrones” Season 7 finale, we all pretty much went, “Whoa. What?”

Including Littlefinger (Aidan Gillen) ...

Arya (Maisie Williams) then answered Littlefinger’s confusion with a wry, “My sister asked you a question.”

Again, we were all like, “Whaaaaat??”

Despite Littlefinger’s attempts to tear the sisters apart, it appeared that at some point the Stark kids got together off screen and, with the help of Bran’s (Isaac Hempstead Wright) limitless knowledge, planned Petyr Baelish’s demise.

But how? And when?

Was the season-long tension between Sansa and Arya just a show for setting up Littlefinger? Were they conspiring the whole time?

It turns out there is a reason the moment the Stark kids came together felt sudden ― because it was.

Isaac Hempstead Wright told HuffPost that a deleted finale scene would’ve explained things a little better.

“Funny enough, we did actually shoot a scene that didn’t make it into that episode where Sansa knocks on Bran’s door, and I don’t know whether they actually want to change the story, but as I understand it, Sansa came to Bran and goes, ‘Can you just look some of this up before I kill my sister?’ That kind of sentiment. Sansa just checking that fact,” said the actor.

So apparently, Sansa’s scene with Littlefinger where she questions whether Arya was going to kill her was legit. She was actually worried, but then decided to check with Bran before doing something she might regret.

“I think it suddenly occurred to her that she’s got the best fact-checker in the universe, someone who’s gonna look up the entire history of time,” Hempstead Wright continued. “So she stops by Bran’s office and goes, ‘Look, bro, can you just check up on what this crazy guy is actually about,’ and Bran goes, ’Yeah, no worries. I got you,’ and they all come together, and the three of them just f*ck him up.”

The Three-Eyed Raven continued dropping knowledge on us about what to expect in Season 8, and he even had a Bran-tastic reaction to one of HuffPost’s original theories.

So what’s the deal with Bran holding back so much information?
It’s less of Bran just holding back this information because right now Bran doesn’t actually have the entire history of the world in his head. It’s like he’s got Kindle libraries of all the history of the universe, but he just hasn’t read every volume yet. The old Three-Eyed Raven sat and actually went through every single page and read every single word, so he has known by heart everything that happens. Bran still has to look stuff up in a massive encyclopedia, so it’s not that he doesn’t know. It’s like if people guide him in the right direction he can tell you anything and in his own time. He’s working through everything that’s happened. He needs like Samwell Tarly saying, “Can you see this?” Bran goes, “Oh, shit. Yeah, that actually did happen.” [He needs] Sansa to say, “What happened with Littlefinger?” Boom.

Now that Sam is there, people are saying Bran’s like Google search.
Exactly! And that’s great because Bran doesn’t necessarily have quite the initiative now to be able to formulate complex plans about, “Oh what do we need to know about this?” It’s just kind of like a slightly glazed-over super computer saying, “Oh, this happen. This happened. This happened. Oh, that’s important. This happened. This happened. This happened.” When Sam goes, “Ooh! Ooh! Tell me about this!” Oh, here we go … Branipedia ... WikiBran.

Bran can be kind of emotionless, so how do you expect he’s going to deliver the news to Jon and Dany?
I’m hoping it’ll be Samwell Tarly that breaks that news. It’d be a bit of an underwhelming reunion for Jon to come back like, “Bran, how are you?” [And Bran goes], “Great. I know everything and you’re the heir to the Iron Throne.” Probably don’t want that kind of delivery. Samwell Tarly. I think that’ll be a little more interesting to play out on screen.

It looks like Jaime might be on the way to Winterfell, what do you want to see in a Bran and Jaime reunion?
Yeah, I’d love to see that. I think it could be interesting because clearly Jaime has now noticed that his lover and sister is completely fucking insane, and Jaime’s been one of the most interesting character evolutions in the whole show. It’s been fascinating to watch him develop. From the outset, he was clearly morally reprehensible, but to see how ambiguous that actually is, and perhaps what a good person he is inside, has been really, really fun. I’d be really interested to see his response to Bran, especially now that Bran knows everything about Jaime. Really freak Jaime out. I’d like to see Jaime apologize. I think that’d be really cool.
    Editor’s note: Jaime actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau told HuffPost he’s so for a Bran reunion. “I would love Jaime to meet Bran Stark,” he said. “If nothing else just to say, ‘Sorry, kid.’ And then Bran can say, ‘No, don’t worry. If you hadn’t done that I wouldn’t be the all-seeing Three-Eyed Raven.’ And Jaime could go, ‘Oh, great! Well, good.’”

Where do you want to see Bran go in Season 8?
I hope to make it through most of the episodes, but I also wouldn’t mind getting to do a death scene now that it’s the last season. I can rest easy knowing that I made it to the last season. But more than anything else, I’d just like to see mankind triumph over the supernatural.

On “Game of Thrones” there’s a lot of talk about “breaking the wheel.” And we’ve already seen the concept of a time loop introduced in Season 6. So I’m theorizing that breaking the wheel could actually be breaking out of a time loop everyone’s in. What do you think?

Ooohh! Damn! Damn! I like it! I like it! I’ll email David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss]. I’ll see what we can [do].

Also, check out the mention of the cut scene of Sansa going to Bran about Littlefinger - about 7'15" into the clip:

https://youtu.be/o1NgrU8akB4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Episode 7 Reply with quote

Kerowyn wrote:
Didn't you like Rhaegar and Lyanna's wedding, though? Hearts I thought it was very sweet and well done, and the vows very touching.

Wernt thet the same vows as every other wedding we have seen?

This does bring me to a point actually that have been going round in my head for a while.

if two people get married from the same religion then fine. If two people get married from different religions why does this mean they get married in the light of the 7? as we see with Robb and Tulisa

Kerowyn wrote:
I agree, though, that it doesn't make sense that Bran didn't see that earlier - but that's just a ploy for them to slip in that scene just at this moment. Now when will Jon learn who he really is, is the next question.

Before Winter_vs_Summer came in I always thought that this was because there is a lot of history in the world and while bran can see it all why would he want to sit around for hours listening about grain supplies (or whatever) he wouldn't so until his is told when and where something happened he might not have actually seen it.

Kerowyn wrote:
I read in one of the leaks on Season 8 that Sansa ends up marrying Gendry, what do you all think of that?

IMO its not going to happen. I can't see why it would. There is more a chance Arya will and were all sure thats not going to happen Smile

Kerowyn wrote:
(*) ETA: See the videoclip on the Top Ten predictions that Winterfell posted below. At about 4'15" into it, they refer to Lord Royce as the de facto leader of the Vale.

Interesting question does anyone know where Robin actually is?

Find me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/stacey.corner.37 please send me a message first so I know it is you Smile

Proud to be a
[/color]
Kim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Episode 7 Reply with quote

sjcuk13 wrote:

Funny, I don't remember the vows in the other weddings. But then my memory is not as good as yours. I should go back and watch the series all over again...

Quote:
Interesting question does anyone know where Robin actually is?

Probably in the Vale, being a brat. He's nominally Lord of the Vale, but he's of no account whatsoever, in great part thanks to the way his mother brought him up. A brat and a weakling. I hope he doesn't end up marrying one of the main characters, who would do it for the sake of an alliance.

Re: who Gendry will marry - I don't think Sansa is such a bad guess. The Lady of Winterfell with the Baratheon heir (not that he's heir to anything now that Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen and Daenerys are both there.) Arya had made clear she's not "lady" material or, for that matter, marriage material. super grin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Episode 7 Reply with quote

sjcuk13 wrote:

Kim wrote:
Funny, I don't remember the vows in the other weddings. But then my memory is not as good as yours. I should go back and watch the series all over again...

This isn't my memory I kinda looked up some facts here http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Marriage

As of the end of Season 5, the TV series has presented five wedding ceremonies from the Faith of the Seven:

Tyrion Lannister and Sansa Stark (episode 3.8 "Second Sons")
Edmure Tully and Roslin Frey (episode 3.9 "The Rains of Castamere")
Margaery Tyrell and Joffrey Baratheon (episode 4.2 "The Lion and the Rose")
Margaery Tyrell and Tommen Baratheon (episode 5.3, "High Sparrow")
The small, secret wedding ceremony between Robb Stark and Talisa (episode 2.10 "Valar Morghulis").

The only "Old Gods" wedding we have seen was between Sansa and Ramsey, but even in mixed marriages like Rob and Talisa it is a Faith of the Seven marriage more or less.

Kim wrote:
Arya had made clear she's not "lady" material or, for that matter, marriage material. super grin

Arya did make that clear back in season 1 she like every other character (more or less) has changed a bit since then. Gendry is someone Arya has looked up to a lot even back in season 2. Who is going to love her for being that ruthless? Gendry or a Wildlling Smile

Proud to be a
[/color]
Kim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Weddings in GoT Reply with quote

I don't know, I must have blinked repeatedly - I don't remember seeing these weddings. I do remember Joffrey and Margeary's, but I mostly remember the banquet when he gets his come-uppance, after having humiliated Tyrion. I don't remember seeing the binding of hands... But I must say I probably skipped the Red Wedding somehow. Embarassed Or maybe I just blocked it out of my memory! wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Weddings in GoT Reply with quote

Kim wrote:
I don't know, I must have blinked repeatedly - I don't remember seeing these weddings. I do remember Joffrey and Margeary's, but I mostly remember the banquet when he gets his come-uppance, after having humiliated Tyrion. I don't remember seeing the binding of hands... But I must say I probably skipped the Red Wedding somehow. Embarassed Or maybe I just blocked it out of my memory! wink

Maybe the Weddings stuck in my mind because I work in the industry (sort of). I know how difficult it is to get two actors to say the same words at the same time, and the cheats on how to get the timing right. not only do they name all 7 aspects of the 7 together but they them say the same thing slightly differently at the same time after that. The best one to see this is Robb Starks Wedding I believe.

Proud to be a
[/color]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 40 of 42

Jump to: