AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
A Game Of Thrones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fawkes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: The finale Reply with quote

I missed the finale, will have to try to find in online somewhere.

Can anyone give me a heads up on it? Thanks.
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The finale Reply with quote

Fawkes wrote:

I can't yet, but hang on for a few days and you'll have it.

My brother sent me the DVDs of the series, and though I already saw about a half-dozen episodes, I'm watching the whole series from the beginning. It's really gripping, extremely well done. It eclipsed Harry Potter for me, though I saw DH-2 yesterday.

The casting is just perfect, and I'm developing a serious crush on Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, the actor who plays Jaime Lannister. Hearts
Hedwig

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Jaime Lannister Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
The casting is just perfect, and I'm developing a serious crush on Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, the actor who plays Jaime Lannister. Hearts

Well, Wildflower, get ready to fight me for him. bleh

He's a handsome devil, and when he's evil, he's even more attractive. What they call "la beauté du Diable" (the devil's good looks) in French. His face when he said "The things I do for love" just before he casually pushes poor Bran out of the window!!! Squeeeeeeee!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: An excellent series! Reply with quote

Annamite_en_Amérique wrote:
Anyone around here a fan, too?

I see that there are other SoIF fans around. Oooh goodie!!! Now we can discuss both the books and the TV series!!

And ladies, as you know, Jaime Lannister becomes less and less of a villain as the series move along. So you can squee on Nicolaj without reservations. super grin

Công Hòa Viêt-Nam Muôn Nam!
Movie Buff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: The finale Reply with quote

Fawkes wrote:

Let's just say there are a couple of very good cliff hangers, especially with Tyrion and Arya. Also Robb and Jaime, and Jon. Everybody's fate is left hanging, and we're all there waiting for next year's season to begin. We can spend the time reading or re-reading the books, of course.

The last scene illustrates that "Fire cannot kill a dragon" - and Daenarys proves that she is indeed of the blood of dragons. Better than you, Fawkes, who get reborn from your ashes... She doesn't even burn!!

Sorry if this is a spoiler, but you asked for it. And you probably have read the books anyway, haven't you? Very Happy
Rowena

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Jaime Lannister Reply with quote

Hedwig wrote:
Wildflower wrote:

Well, Wildflower, get ready to fight me for him. bleh

He's a handsome devil, and when he's evil, he's even more attractive. What they call "la beauté du Diable" (the devil's good looks) in French. His face when he said "The things I do for love" just before he casually pushes poor Bran out of the window!!! Squeeeeeeee!!!!!

Both of you will have to fight ME!!! Even when he's dishevelled, covered with mud and blood, Jaime Lannister as played by Nikolaj C-W is to DIE for.

And the scene when the Starks have captured him and he tells Catelyn, whose husband has just been beheaded, "You look lovely tonight, Lady Stark. Widowhood becomes you." Can you get any more caddish and cruel than that? But he delivers his lines so well I kept loving him anyway. Hearts

Not to mention - SPOILER ALERT - that in the latter books, he actually becomes a good guy. I wouldn't have thought it possible, but he does. I can't wait to see it.
Stormy Night

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Reply with quote

Where's this guy from?

Are TV series acceptable in the Ten movies game? In which case, with a name like that, he would certainly qualify as foreign actor. super grin
Movie Buff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Reply with quote

Stormy Night wrote:
Where's this guy from?

Are TV series acceptable in the Ten movies game? In which case, with a name like that, he would certainly qualify as foreign actor. super grin

He's Danish.

Here's his bio on Wikipedia:

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Danish pronunciation: [ˈneɡolaɪ̯ kʌsdɐ ˈʋaldɑʊ̯]; born July 27, 1970) is a Danish actor. He received his education at Statens Teaterskole in Copenhagen in 1993, and his breakthrough in Danish film came with the 1994 hit Nattevagten (Nightwatch). He played Detective John Amsterdam on the Fox television series New Amsterdam. He also appeared as Frank Pike in the 2009 Fox television film Virtuality, which was originally intended as a pilot. Since April 2011, he has starred as Ser Jaime Lannister in the HBO series Game of Thrones.

His role in movie Nightwatch (1994) made him famous in Denmark. After leaving his handprint on the European film and television industry, he made his transition to American cinema.

In 2001, he began his U.S. career with a role in Ridley Scott’s critically acclaimed, multi-Academy-Award-winning Black Hawk Down as Medal of Honor recipient Gary Gordon. Next, he landed a lead role in Michael Apted’s Enigma co-starring Kate Winslet, Dougray Scott and Saffron Burrows.

Coster-Waldau’s charm and range as an actor have garnered him multiple roles with many of his previous directors. Scott brought Coster-Waldau back for his 2005 epic film Kingdom of Heaven starring Orlando Bloom, Liam Neeson and Eva Green. Additionally, Richard Loncraine, who first cast Coster-Waldau in his 2004 film Wimbledon alongside Paul Bettany and Kirsten Dunst, brought him back for Firewall, a thriller starring Harrison Ford and Bettany.

He starred as John Amsterdam, an immortal New York homicide detective who will become mortal after he finds his true love, in the canceled Fox drama series New Amsterdam.

Aside from acting, he has also written, produced and directed films in his native Denmark. He is the Executive Vice President of Hemmingsen Entertainment Corporation and affiliate Hemmingsen Creek Productions.

And for his admirers, here's a photo:
Wildflower

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Emmy Awards Reply with quote

I hear that the actor playing Tyrion Lannister (a real dwarf) got the Emmy for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.

Well deserved, this guy (whose name I forget) is really marvelous in the role. ten
Du Khach
Herald

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Emmy Awards Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
I hear that the actor playing Tyrion Lannister (a real dwarf) got the Emmy for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.

Well deserved, this guy (whose name I forget) is really marvelous in the role. ten

His name is Peter Dinklage. I agree, he's wonderful in the role.

I loved it when he casually tossed his purse to his goaler when he left the Vale, saying "A Lannister always pays his debts." Also when his father told him "I thought you were a stunted fool" and he replied "You were half right".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 2 of 43

Jump to: