AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
>> 2010 World Cup Score Board & Discussion <<
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Unfailing Octopus Reply with quote

Yep that canny octopus was right again. Saw the goal from Spain in Extra Time - poor German had to leave for work about 15 minutes before it so missed it. Daughter (who stayed last night with kids) and I watched it and when it was all over I rang German on his mobile phone to let him know who won. He will watch the part of the match he missed on the replay later on.

Yes - very disappointed in the way the Dutch played - like they were TOO desperate to win and therefore lost the plot as far as gamesmanship went. Such a shame because they had played so well and fairly before this.

Yes it will be very interesting to watch Brazil on home ground next World Cup won't it.....
Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Robben should have scored from that Reply with quote

superb pass from Sneijder. He blew it, not only once but twice. Same for David Villa.

Pretty amazing how Spain has completely abandoned the aggressive play approach to futbol over the years. La Ligua was known for its dirty players throughout the 80's and 90's. When Maradonna first came to Spain to play for Barca, they broke his leg. He spent 3 months in a hospital recovering from a Spanish gang tackle.

It seems like Spain was a completely different team when Fabregas was committed in the middle of the 2nd half. They dominated the game and frustrated the Dutch to no end. It was during this period that several yellow cards were issued to Dutch players, including a red for John Heitinga (2 yellow cards ).

I had paella marisco last night at Pacharan, a Spanish restaurant in Saigon. Washed it down with some sangria while watching the game. Priceless.
Razz
Wildflower

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Perfect setting! Reply with quote

Le Saigonnais wrote:
I had paella marisco last night at Pacharan, a Spanish restaurant in Saigon. Washed it down with some sangria while watching the game. Priceless.
Razz

Did you enjoy the meal and the setting more than the game? I know I would have. I found that game utterly disappointing and boring. The countries in which what we call football or futbol is just beginning to be popular are losing some of their enthusiasm for the game. This was such a blah finish for the World Cup!

So unlike 1998, let alone 2006 and the infamous Zidane "headbutt". bleh
LesBleus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: They're celebrating in Madrid Reply with quote

As well they should - their first World Cup win!!!

Olé! Olé!
Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Perfect setting! Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
Le Saigonnais wrote:
Razz

Did you enjoy the meal and the setting more than the game? I know I would have. I found that game utterly disappointing and boring. The countries in which what we call football or futbol is just beginning to be popular are losing some of their enthusiasm for the game. This was such a blah finish for the World Cup!

So unlike 1998, let alone 2006 and the infamous Zidane "headbutt". bleh

No, I have always enjoyed watching the World Cup. It's actually fun doing it in Saigon now that the expat community is getting to be big and diverse. I was at Bar No. 5 on Pasteur last week watching the German losing the semi game to the Spaniards. There must be at least 200 old German guys there that night. They even stood up and sang the German national anthem before the game (televised at 1am Saigon time) which was so hilarious to me.

The bar is owned by a friend of mine, a Swiss expat who has lived in Vietnam for 20 years and speaks Vietnamese like a local. His name is Bronz Heinemann.

Pacharan is nice. Lots of pretty women, both foreign and local, at night. They serve good tapas and paella, a lot better than in Hong Kong where i used to live in the 1990's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Archives All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: