AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
>> 2010 World Cup Score Board & Discussion <<
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: >> 2010 World Cup Score Board & Discussion << Reply with quote

With many thanks to X who worked hard on this!

Please feel free to post/add anything related to WC 2010 under this thread. Avoid creating a separate discussion thread. Thanks.

AV World Cup 2010 Score Board (watch this space for updates)

How Group Matches Count:
P - matches played, W - won, D - drawn, L - lost, F - goals for , A - goals against, GD - goals difference, Pt - points

1W = 3 pts, 1D = 1 pts, 1L = 0. Two teams with the most points advance to next round. If points are equal, higher GD is considered.
If even GD is the same, higher number of goals is being counted.

Last edited by Guest on Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:04 pm; edited 10 times in total
X

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Scoreboard Reply with quote

After 4 years I still find the spreadsheet scoreboard interesting. Wish this is a large football-crazed forum where fans really take advantage of the fun and convenience. Smile

It's still fun, though. super grin
Annamite_en_Amérique

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Scoreboard Reply with quote

X wrote:
After 4 years I still find the spreadsheet scoreboard interesting. Wish this is a large football-crazed forum where fans really take advantage of the fun and convenience. Smile

It's still fun, though. super grin

This is seriously cool, man!!! ten clap

Công Hòa Viêt-Nam Muôn Nam!
X

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: One thread for WC 2010, please? Reply with quote

I also much prefer to have everything related to wc2010 contained in this thread. I can bookmark it and go straight to it to save time.

After the event we'll (hopefully) have one massive discussion worth revisiting in the future, instead of many mini lost ones. hehe. Like we did with wc 06.

Ok, I think the admin can add a poll with the teams as options for us to vote our guesses. Perhaps wait for R16?
LesBleus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: One thread for WC 2010, please? Reply with quote

X wrote:
I also much prefer to have everything related to wc2010 contained in this thread. I can bookmark it and go straight to it to save time.

After the event we'll (hopefully) have one massive discussion worth revisiting in the future, instead of many mini lost ones. hehe. Like we did with wc 06.

Ok, I think the admin can add a poll with the teams as options for us to vote our guesses. Perhaps wait for R16?

Good idea. In 2006 we had too many threads, it was a serious mess and hard to keep track of. Then when we tried to start this thing going this year, we missed most of the messages posted, there were too many all over the place.

For polls, why don't you or Tygol start one? Inkling has asked who favoured which teams, the question was posted in the Meet and Greet Pub - We may want to consolidate that also.
Doan_Du
Herald

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: General Information Reply with quote

Just in case you need to get back to basics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup

2010 World Cup" redirects here. For other competitions of this name, see 2010 World Cup (disambiguation).
For the video game based on this competition, see 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (video game).
This article is semi-protected.
2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010

Host country South Africa
Dates 11 June – 11 July
Teams 32 (from 6 confederations)
Venue(s) 10 (in 9 host cities)

The 2010 FIFA World Cup will be the 19th FIFA World Cup, the premier international football tournament. It is scheduled to take place between 11 June and 11 July 2010 in South Africa. The 2010 FIFA World Cup will be the culmination of a qualification process that began in August 2007 and involved 204 of the 208 FIFA national teams. As such, it matches the 2008 Summer Olympics as the sports event with the most competing nations.

This will be the first time that the tournament has been hosted by an African nation, after South Africa beat Morocco and Egypt in an all-African bidding process. This decision left the Oceania Football Confederation as the only confederation yet to host the FIFA World Cup. Italy are the defending champions. The draw for the finals took place on 4 December 2009 in Cape Town.

Go to the above website for more details. Very Happy
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: New Improved Scoreboard Reply with quote

Hey, what happened to the scoreboard? confused

I can't see it as it was any more!! X, Tygol, Ngoc Hoang, can one of you do something?

Like I told X, I don't know how to use Excel, so I'll let one of you do it, please.

And X, please don't talk to me about "laziness", you know how to do it, it will take you just a few minutes. super grin

ETA: Never mind, I saw someone was kind enough to put up the new, improved scoreboard. Thanks.

After this, having maybe a little more time and energy, maybe you'll be able to help me with adding smilies to this board. I've found plenty of nice smilies but couldn't make out how to upload them here. But this is off topic. Let's deal with the World Cup, we'll handle the smilies later.

Meanwhile, here's a nice football (futbol, dda' banh) smilie:

And another one:

I also added them to the starting post, next to the official logo. And may I say, X, Tygol and company, that the new scoreboard is super super cool. ten
LesBleus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: The Official WC Prediction Game Reply with quote

Check this out and contribute if you want. The important thing is to have fun!

WC Prediction Game

ETA: Since most of us are not members of that website, we can do our own predictions here. bleh
Wildflower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: The scoreboard Reply with quote

You know guys, it's very strange. I can see that awesome scoreboard fine when I use Internet Explorer, but if I use Mozilla Firefox like I'm doing now, all I see are the command lines for set up, for example:

MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Document-Type: Workbook
Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="----=_NextPart_01CB04B8.6C6234A0"

This document is a Single File Web Page, also known as a Web Archive file. If you are seeing this message, your browser or editor doesn't support Web Archive files. Please download a browser that supports Web Archive, such as Windows� Internet Explorer�.

------=_NextPart_01CB04B8.6C6234A0
Content-Location: file:///C:/F249C650/WC2010.htm
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"

And I can't open the file whose address is shown.

It's all gibberish to me... I don't know why this happens. One of the mysteries of the cyber world I suppose. *sigh* Confused
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: X to the rescue! Reply with quote

HELP X!!!!!! Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: