AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
2010 Football World Cup - Various Comments & Stories
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annamite_en_France

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Stormy Weather inside the French team Reply with quote

LesBleus wrote:
Annelka has just been booted out of the team for telling the coach "Go f*** yourself, you son of a whore". The French news are all abuzz with it.

This all has to be taken with a grain of salt. One of the newsmen who ran the story had had runs-in with Annelka before, and it may have been revenge on his part. Annelka himself said he didn't say what they said he did. Besides, everyone knows that sportsmen very often use profanity in language. This may not be that big a deal, the press is just blowing it up to sell papers. There's also the matter of, how did the press hear about it? Someone squealed to them, obviously a member of the team.

Unfortunately, the French team is not much of a team nowadays. No "esprit d'équipe" at all. And Domenech is worthless as a coach.
Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: No class at all. Reply with quote

Sad day for France and l'equipe.
Wildflower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: No class at all. Reply with quote

Le Saigonnais wrote:
Sad day for France and l'equipe.

Not only sad but shameful. I heard they even had a brawl on the bus on the way home. Eek

It's not a team, it's a hodgepodge assemblage of several "clans" and conflicting personalities and egos, and no one even cares about professional pride or national prestige. It's a terrible view of the French team they're giving, which reflects badly on the rest of France. Their countrymen and women are furious at them, you should see some of the e-mails I get - which I'm not posting here because they're all in French, and I can't take the time to translate.
X

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Sports Reply with quote

Can you imagine how France 'd feel if it had what the US had today? In a way I think the US moment is understated and wasted in a non football crazed nation (US). Hehehe

In another sport is anyone following the historic match between American Isner and Frenchman Mahut? They were tie-ing at 59-59 games in the fifth set before stopped. My goodness, over 10 hours of playing. That's too much. If Isner wins, what a time for American sport fans.
Tygol51

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

...and Isner won! Wow!!! Fifth set, 70-68, ending the longest recorded tennis match.
X

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Tennis Reply with quote

Yep, Isner came through like other American sportmen. This is probably a very huge thing for him cuz with that kind of record it's gonna be a long while for his name to be around. On the other side I can't imagine how Mahut is feeling right now -- to be the loser everytime this thing is mentioned.

(I play tennis extensively for the past two years so I sortof know how significant that match is. So many games but only a handful of breakpoints. That's like in 7 WC matches the ball only rolls into the innermost box 3 times!!!! )
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Don't go off-topic Reply with quote

I take it the last remarks had nothing whatsoever to do with the World Cup????

If not - how about we start up a thread about whichever sport it is and keep it separate so people like me won't wonder what the hell others are talking about since I've never heard of the two people that the last couple of posts are about.....

Now about to Italy getting booted out Yay!!!!
X

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't go off-topic Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
I take it the last remarks had nothing whatsoever to do with the World Cup????

If not - how about we start up a thread about whichever sport it is and keep it separate so people like me won't wonder what the hell others are talking about since I've never heard of the two people that the last couple of posts are about.....

Now about to Italy getting booted out Yay!!!!

Not entirely off-topic. We're still on the topic of sports. super grin You might not be aware, but there aren't any bigger international sport events going on than the Wimbledon and WC at this point. Time to jump out of the well and see the sky! j/k hehe
LesBleus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: FIFA, the Vatican of football? Reply with quote

From an e-mail I just got: La Fifa ,c'est le Vatican du foot ... aussi incapable que la papauté a adopter des reformes nécessaires !
FIFA is soccer's Vatican. As unable as the papacy to adopt necessary reforms.

Mon Jun 28 10:57am EDT
FIFA ignoring mistakes, writing sickeningly glossed history
By Brooks Peck

Anger, fear and paranoia abound as blatantly horrible referee mistakes pile up like the massive amounts of cash being generated by the 2010 World Cup. The two most recent incidents - Frank Lampard's disregarded goal against Germany and Carlos Tevez's miles offside opening score against Mexico - were so bad that they go beyond mere errors in judgment and have some considering more sinister puppeteering at work.

And the justification of that is growing. Already resolute in their anti-technology/instant replay stubbornness, FIFA is now trying to ensure there is no evidence against referee rulings inside the stadiums, as there was when Tevez's offside goal was shown on Soccer City's big screens, which caused Mexican players to intensify their protests. From the AP:
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Japan-Paraguay Reply with quote

It's good the see the Japanese giving Paraguay a run for their money. It's into the 2nd half of the 30 minutes extra time and still no team has scored. This match might end up in a penalty shootout. What a nail biter for the fans eh! 10 minutes to go......

Uh Oh! Penalty shootout time then or to bed for us - can't stay awake for the Spain Portugal match so find out who wins that one when we wake up in the morning (here in Oz).

Oh Bugger! Japan lost - well hopefully Spain or Portugal will knock them out.

Well off to bed for us as it's almost 2.45 am on a Wednesday morning here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: