AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Happy Bastille Day!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Happy Bastille Day! Reply with quote

Allons enfants de la Patrie,
Le jour de gloire est arrivé!
Contre nous de la tyrannie,
L'étendard sanglant est levé, (bis)
Entendez-vous dans les campagnes
Mugir ces féroces soldats?
Ils viennent jusque dans vos bras
Egorger vos fils et vos compagnes!

Aux armes, citoyens,
Formez vos batallions,
Marchons, marchons!
Qu'un sang impur
Abreuve nos sillons!

Que veut cette horde d'esclaves
De traîtres, de rois conjurés?
Pour qui ces ignobles entraves
Ces fers dès longtemps préparés? (bis)
Français, pour nous, ah! quel outrage
Quels transports il doit exciter?
C'est nous qu'on ose méditer
De rendre à l'antique esclavage!

Quoi ces cohortes étrangères!
Feraient la loi dans nos foyers!
Quoi ! ces phalanges mercenaires
Terrasseraient nos fils guerriers! (bis)
Grand Dieu ! par des mains enchaînées
Nos fronts sous le joug se ploieraient
De vils despotes deviendraient
Les maîtres des destinées.

Tremblez, tyrans et vous perfides
L'opprobre de tous les partis
Tremblez ! vos projets parricides
Vont enfin recevoir leurs prix! (bis)
Tout est soldat pour vous combattre
S'ils tombent, nos jeunes héros
La France en produit de nouveaux,
Contre vous tout prêts à se battre

Français, en guerriers magnanimes
Portez ou retenez vos coups!
Épargnez ces tristes victimes
A regret s'armant contre nous (bis)
Mais ces despotes sanguinaires,
Mais ces complices de Bouillé
Tous ces tigres qui, sans pitié
Déchirent le sein de leur mère!

Amour sacré de la Patrie,
Conduis, soutiens nos bras vengeurs
Liberté, Liberté chérie,
Combats avec tes défenseurs! (bis)
Sous nos drapeaux que la victoire
Accoure à tes mâles accents,
Que tes ennemis expirants
Voient ton triomphe et notre gloire!

Nous entrerons dans la carrière
Quand nos aînés n'y seront plus,
Nous y trouverons leur poussière
Et la trace de leurs vertus (bis)
Bien moins jaloux de leur survivre
Que de partager leur cercueil,
Nous aurons le sublime orgueil
De les venger ou de les suivre!

Rose Beer Cake clap balloons

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/80/Marseillaise.mid
Wildflower

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: La victoire en chantant... Reply with quote

... nous ouvre la barrière Music

Merci, petit frère, I started my day with your message and a playing of La Marseillaise. I also have the recording made by Mireille Mathieu, I think I'm going to play it now Very Happy
Xuân Phong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: La Marseillaise Reply with quote

That's a rousing national anthem, no doubt about it! clap

I wonder whose "sang impur" is being shed nowadays to fertilize French soil? bleh

Considering the problems agriculture, European in general and French in particular has, they do need some good fertilizer Twisted Evil

Mad Cow disease doesn't count, bien evidemment super grin
Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'est vrai...comme peu de personne sont de pure français depuis la nuit des temps. shameless grin
Wildflower

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: What is "being French"? Reply with quote

Le Saigonnais wrote:
C'est vrai...comme peu de personne sont de pure français depuis la nuit des temps. shameless grin

Reminds me of those old Front National fools in 1998 and 2000, when France won the Football (soccer) World Cup then the European Cup. Even though France was victorious those idiots weren't satisfied because the French team "wasn't really French" - too many colored people in it, you see Rolling Eyes super grin
Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What is "being French"? Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
Le Saigonnais wrote:

Reminds me of those old Front National fools in 1998 and 2000, when France won the Football (soccer) World Cup then the European Cup. Even though France was victorious those idiots weren't satisfied because the French team "wasn't really French" - too many colored people in it, you see Rolling Eyes super grin

Il y a toujours des Francais du genre de Jean-Marie Le Pen, opportunistes, incitateurs à la violence raciale par intérêt politique. C'est la même chose chez les Viets. Souviens-toi des gens sur Vietscape? Sur quoi se croyent-ils être plus Vietnamien que moi ou toi? Rolling Eyes
Wildflower

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: For that matter, What is "being Vietnamese"? Reply with quote

[quote="Le Saigonnais"][quote="Wildflower"]
Le Saigonnais wrote:

Il y a toujours des Francais du genre de Jean-Marie Le Pen, opportunistes, incitateurs à la violence raciale par intérêt politique. C'est la même chose chez les Viets. Souviens-toi des gens sur Vietscape? Sur quoi se croyent-ils être plus Vietnamien que moi ou toi? Rolling Eyes

Ah well, there was lots of anger and resentment over there for a while... A few of the women found me threatening to their center-stage position AND resented my instant friendship with you not to mention my popularity with some of the young - and some of the older - members; some of the men, after befriending us - you and me, I mean - resented the fact we were well-versed in several languages and cultures (not naming names but you know who I mean) and a number of both sexes resented our francophilia (some of them pretended not to know French when they spoke and wrote it perfectly themselves) and the former social position of our families in VN. Funny too, they beat on us but not on Dduoi Heo or KCan who are both francophones and liberals (actually KCan got his share of insults but nowhere near what we got). Plus, I don't use VN as often or as well as a lot of them and - gasp - I married a non-VN (that was OK for MienTrinh but not for me, for some reason I never fathomed). And then of course there was that big fight over the Iraq war.

Actually, come to think of it, it may have been different for me because of my marriage, but as far as you're concerned, your "Vietnameseness" was never in question. You know VN and VN history and literature a lot better than anyone on that site - it was your allegiance to France that they didn't like, not to mention the fact that you "scorned" some of those eager young ladies wink What I actually find funny is that a lot of those people slamming us are in fact a lot more Americanized than they realize... With one or two exceptions, most of them are culturally and socially more American than Vietnamese (some of them wouldn't recognize a quotation from Kieu if it hit them in the face). Our big sin is that we like France better than America and they can't stand it...

Such is human nature and there's nothing we can do about it **shrug**

Changing the subject, have you gotten the photos and dvd I mailed you? Should be there by now. The package I mailed to Mimosa at the same time got to her OK, hope yours did too.
Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: For that matter, What is "being Vietnamese"? Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:

Ah well, there was lots of anger and resentment over there for a while... A few of the women found me threatening to their center-stage position AND resented my instant friendship with you not to mention my popularity with some of the young - and some of the older - members; some of the men, after befriending us - you and me, I mean - resented the fact we were well-versed in several languages and cultures (not naming names but you know who I mean) and a number of both sexes resented our francophilia (some of them pretended not to know French when they spoke and wrote it perfectly themselves) and the former social position of our families in VN. Funny too, they beat on us but not on Dduoi Heo or KCan who are both francophones and liberals (actually KCan got his share of insults but nowhere near what we got). Plus, I don't use VN as often or as well as a lot of them and - gasp - I married a non-VN (that was OK for MienTrinh but not for me, for some reason I never fathomed). And then of course there was that big fight over the Iraq war.

Actually, come to think of it, it may have been different for me because of my marriage, but as far as you're concerned, your "Vietnameseness" was never in question. You know VN and VN history and literature a lot better than anyone on that site - it was your allegiance to France that they didn't like, not to mention the fact that you "scorned" some of those eager young ladies wink What I actually find funny is that a lot of those people slamming us are in fact a lot more Americanized than they realize... With one or two exceptions, most of them are culturally and socially more American than Vietnamese (some of them wouldn't recognize a quotation from Kieu if it hit them in the face). Our big sin is that we like France better than America and they can't stand it...

Arretes...tu me fais pitié leur genre de Vietnamien. Qui qu'ils soient, Le Pen, Bush et Ho chi Minh sont le même. Pour eux, quelqu'un qui ne partage pas leur point de vue c'est des Vietcong ou des Vietgian tout simplement. Le fait qu'ils n'aiment pas un Vietnamien qui sympathise avec la France n'est pas une assurance pour leur qualifier d'esprit ouvert, mais c'est leur propos qui en dit long.

On voit cela depuis bien longtemps avant qu'ils ne soient nés au monde. Et si tu ne te souvenais pas, je te rafraîchirais la mémoire, que quelque millions de Vietnamiens comme moi et toi ont été insultés parce que leur parents nous considèraient comme des "Vietnamiens ayant un corps annamite avec une tête francaise".

Oui, ce genre de Vietnamiens génocidaires que leur parents qualifiaient de vrais compatriotes ou ngu*o*i` Vie^t. chung' minh`. Moi, je n'hésite pas de dénoncer ce genre de Vietnamien en particulier. Mais qu'est-ce que c'est que cette connerie la ? Par déduction un Vietnamien ne peut être Francais, sinon il sera un Vietgian ? Pourtant, un Americain, un Chinois sympa avec la France reste un Americain, un Chinois. Seul un Vietnamien sympa avec la France est soudainement devenu un Vietgian. Et un Vietnamien-Americain automatiquement devient un vrai Vietnamien comme eux?

Comprennent t-ils la nuance? Non, je ne crois pas. dead

Quote:

Changing the subject, have you gotten the photos and dvd I mailed you? Should be there by now. The package I mailed to Mimosa at the same time got to her OK, hope yours did too.

I am still away from home. Will check this weekend. I already mailed your stuff out. Look for it in a few days.
Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: For that matter, What is "being Vietnamese"? Reply with quote

Le Saigonnais wrote:
Wildflower wrote:

Arrêtes...tu me fais pitié leur genre de Vietnamien. Qui qu'ils soient, Le Pen, Bush et Ho chi Minh sont le même. Pour eux, quelqu'un qui ne partage pas leur point de vue c'est des Vietcong ou des Vietgian tout simplement. Le fait qu'ils n'aiment pas un Vietnamien qui sympathise avec la France n'est pas une assurance pour leur qualifier d'esprit ouvert, mais c'est leur propos qui en dit long.

On voit cela depuis bien longtemps avant qu'ils ne soient nés au monde. Et si tu ne te souvenais pas, je te rafraîchirais la mémoire, que quelque millions de Vietnamiens comme moi et toi ont été insultés, frappés, torturés, exilés et même tués parce que leur parents considèraient nos parents comme des "Vietnamiens ayant un corps annamite avec une tête française".

Oui, ce genre de Vietnamiens génocidaires que leur parents qualifiaient de vrais compatriotes ou ngu*o*i` Vie^t. chung' minh`. Moi, je n'hésite pas de dénoncer ce genre de Vietnamien en particulier. Mais qu'est-ce que c'est que cette connerie la ? Par déduction un Vietnamien ne peut être Francais, sinon il sera un Vietgian ? Pourtant, un Americain, un Chinois sympa avec la France reste un Americain, un Chinois. Seul un Vietnamien sympa avec la France est soudainement devenu un Vietgian. Et un Vietnamien-Americain automatiquement devient un vrai Vietnamien comme eux?

Comprennent t-ils la nuance? Non, je ne crois pas. dead

Quote:

I am still away from home. Will check this weekend. I already mailed your stuff out. Look for it in a few days.

Pols_R_Us

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: For that matter, What is "being Vietnamese"? Reply with quote

Le Saigonnais wrote:

Arretes...tu me fais pitié leur genre de Vietnamien. Qui qu'ils soient, Le Pen, Bush et Ho chi Minh sont le même. Pour eux, quelqu'un qui ne partage pas leur point de vue c'est des Vietcong ou des Vietgian tout simplement. Le fait qu'ils n'aiment pas un Vietnamien qui sympathise avec la France n'est pas une assurance pour leur qualifier d'esprit ouvert, mais c'est leur propos qui en dit long.

One good thing is that though some of them followed our little group to EV, doesn't seem they bothered to check in on AV - or the above exchange would have drawn heavy fire from that group shoot

Heavy and - to quote LadyDragon - narrow-minded fire, heheheh Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: