AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Well it is about food.......

View previous topic :: View next topic  
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Well it is about food....... Reply with quote

Love this Doctor! BTW he's Chinese but don't know how to include his photo....

Q: Doctor, ~I've heard that ~cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. ~Is this true? ~
A: Your heart only good for so many beats, and that it...don't waste on exercise. ~Everything wear out eventually. ~Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. ~Want to live longer? ~Take nap. ~

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables? ~
A: You must grasp logistical efficiency. ~What does cow eat? ~ Hay and corn. ~And what are these? ~ Vegetables. ~So steak is nothing more than efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. ~Need grain? ~Eat chicken ~Beef also good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable).. ~And pork chop can give you 100% of recommended daily allowance of vegetable product. Ice Cream even better – everything Cow eats in one package!

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake? ~
A: ~No, not at all. ~Wine made from fruit. ~Brandy is distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. ~Beer also made of grain. All people who don’t drink unhappy – happy people live longer so drink more. Bottom up!

Q: How ~can I calculate my body/fat ratio? ~
A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. ~If you have two bodies, your ratio two to one, etc.

Q: What ~are some of ~the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program? ~
A: Can't think of single one, sorry. More people killed running on street than lying on couch. My philosophy is: No pain...good!
~
Q: ~Aren't fried foods bad for you? ~
A: ~YOU NOT LISTENING! ~Food are fried these day in vegetable oil. ~In fact, they permeated by it. ~How could getting more vegetable be bad for you?!? ~

Q: ~Will ~sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle? ~
A: Definitely not! ~When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. ~You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach. ~

Q: ~What about food additives?
A: You want to complain about something for free? If it added – must be better – like fuel additive!
~
Q: ~Is chocolate bad for me? ~
A: ~Are you crazy?!? ~HEL-LO-O!! ~Cocoa bean! ~Another vegetable! ~It best feel-good food around!

Q: ~Is swimming good for your figure? ~
A: ~If swimming good for your figure, explain whale to me..

Q: ~Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle? ~
A: ~Hey! ~'Round' is shape!
[/url]

Last edited by inkling7 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Melody

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: Well it is about food....... Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
I Love this Doctor!

So do I! A doctor after my own heart!

He's right, you know, "round is a shape too:"

Quote:
BTW he's Chinese but don't know how to include his photo....

Righ-click on the picture. Go to "Properties" and copy the URL (it should start with http://... and end with the suffix .jpg, .png or .gif) - Copy and paste that, putting the URL between [img*] and [/img*] (without the stars). The photo should appear once you post your message.

To see exactly what I mean, go to any post that has a picture, and click on "quote" - you will see how the person posted the picture. There's tons on them in the Pub, and in almost every article in L'Avenue. Once you've seen the syntax, just click on "back" to avoid posting something you didn't mean to post. You can also do a "quote" on this message and see how I put in the picture of the smiley rolling on the floor with laughter. very happy
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Posting pictures Reply with quote

I'm using a Mac OX system so can't do it like that and besides it came to me via email from a friend so there is no website to type in a URL from. I really must learn how do to this on my iMac...... All I have done is download the Doctors photo onto my desktop but tried unsuccessfully a couple of times to put it into my post but have had no luck in doing so thus far.
Melody

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting pictures Reply with quote

inkling7 wrote:
I'm using a Mac OX system so can't do it like that and besides it came to me via email from a friend so there is no website to type in a URL from. I really must learn how do to this on my iMac...... All I have done is download the Doctors photo onto my desktop but tried unsuccessfully a couple of times to put it into my post but have had no luck in doing so thus far.

The picture posting should work the same on Mac, shouldn't it? I don't know, I've never used Mac, but you managed to post pictures before, from your Aussie paper, didn't you?

Downloading pictures to your desktop or your hard disk won't allow you to post them on line, on a site like this one, at least not inside a post. You'd have to upload them first to an image-hosting site like Photobucket. But you can upload them here, either on the banner, like all the pictures of girls and flowers that are there right now, or onto your personal album.

If you post it on the banner, it will come up there. If you post it in your personal album, you can then give the link to that picture inside a post. Since the pictures on the banner are usually pretty pictures that follow a theme, I'd suggest uploading your picture of the Chinese doctor (who I assume is not as pretty as all those young women who are gracing our banner right now) to your personal album, then post the link in your message.

ETA: To get to the site's photo album, click on "Album", that's right on top of the page here, just before FAQ, Searchn Memberlist, etc. Once there, you'll see the list of public albums, and on the last line "Users Personal Albums" and "Your personal album". Click on the last one, you'll be able to upload your picture there. It's very easy, just click on "upload picture", then browse your hard disk until you find the picture you want to post, click on that, click "OK" and voilà!! Good luck!

ETA2 - OK, I just uploaded a picture of flowers on to my personal album. You can now look at that picture by clicking on this link:
http://www.avenueviet.com/forums/album_page.php?pic_id=950

You can do the same with your doctor picture, or any picture you care to post. Very Happy Again, good luck!
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Tech Support Reply with quote

No I've not been able to put any pics on Ave Viet before and anything else has been done by fluke. I must call the Apple tech people and find out how to do it.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Food for Thought All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: