AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Allah Akhbar in London
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Allah Akhbar in London Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/

Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring em' on ..said Toady Blur.
Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: What's next? Reply with quote

The FBI has issued multiple emails to people in law enforcement in all areas of the United States saying it definitely was Al Qaeda. The emails also say that an attack in the US is a matter of "when" not "if".

When an attack on US soil happens, it will be martial law for sure. Movement will be strictly regulated and people have to inform the police where they are staying. A lot of people with ME ethnicity are just going to have to put up with a lot of police harrassment & judicial persecution.
Wildflower

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: London Reply with quote

Boy, what were you doing up that early, Saigonnais? Still suffering from jet lag?

I am very sorry Crying or Very sad for the Londoners, but the attack had to be expected - I'm even surprised it took over 2 years after the start of the war to happen.

Between Al Qaeda-Europe, Bin Laden still at large, al Zarqawi, the Taliban rearing their ugly heads again, downing a helicopter and holding a US commando, Western countries, especially those in the Coalition, had better guard themselves Eek

No place is safe from those fanatics, except maybe countries like VN where there are practically no Muslims.
Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: London Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
Boy, what were you doing up that early, Saigonnais? Still suffering from jet lag?

I am very sorry Crying or Very sad for the Londoners, but the attack had to be expected - I'm even surprised it took over 2 years after the start of the war to happen.

Between Al Qaeda-Europe, Bin Laden still at large, al Zarqawi, the Taliban rearing their ugly heads again, downing a helicopter and holding a US commando, Western countries, especially those in the Coalition, had better guard themselves Eek

No place is safe from those fanatics, except maybe countries like VN where there are practically no Muslims.

No, I am done with jet lag. I am just used to getting up early for a cup of that wonderful Cafe des Bruleries that I brought back from Paris.

Those Neocons are now going to say that Chirac did it to avenge the loss of the 2012 Olympic site. I am waiting for more stupidity out of Washington.

33 confirmed deaths so far...To think I was just there last month.
Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flights to London should be fairly cheap soon.

I can't believe they used C-4 explosives on civilians. Where the heck do they get those plastic explosives anyway? I would definitely stay away from London.
Wildflower

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Terrorism is everywhere Reply with quote

Le Saigonnais wrote:
I would definitely stay away from London.

Stay away from Milan and Copenhagen too, they're probably next. Also stay away from Paris, Berlin and any other Western capital, even in those countries that opposed the war.

As I said earlier, the only safe places are where there are no groups of fanatic Muslims...

Did you note how carefully Tony Blair made the distinctions between the general Moslem population and the fanatics and terrorists? Very clever, considering the wave of anti-Moslem sentiments and attacks in the States in the wake of 9/11. Did you also see that, coincidentally, Rudy Giulani was in London this morning? I saw him interviewed on the BBC.
Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Terrorism is everywhere Reply with quote

Wildflower wrote:
Le Saigonnais wrote:
I would definitely stay away from London.

Stay away from Milan and Copenhagen too, they're probably next. Also stay away from Paris, Berlin and any other Western capital, even in those countries that opposed the war.

As I said earlier, the only safe places are where there are no groups of fanatic Muslims...

Did you note how carefully Tony Blair made the distinctions between the general Moslem population and the fanatics and terrorists? Very clever, considering the wave of anti-Moslem sentiments and attacks in the States in the wake of 9/11. Did you also see that, coincidentally, Rudy Giulani was in London this morning? I saw him interviewed on the BBC.

The dangerous thing about the London explosions is that they were rigged with C4. That shows that the terrorists have the mean and the capacity to smuggle it into Britain and by this time they probably have an ample supply of it. I think London will turn into Baghdad soon. Once the bombing campaign starts, there is no way for the British government to stop it. AQ will make the IRA look like a bunch of choirboys.

It's all Toady B'liar's fault assuming it was indeed AQ who was responsible.
Le Saigonnais

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I wouldn't rule out an attack in Washington DC either. You never know.

I don't think it's gonna happen in either Paris or Berlin. Those cities are not the targets of the Islamists, at least not those who have issues with Bush and Blair.
Wildflower

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Al Qaeda Reply with quote

Why did I say "Milan" earlier? I meant Rome, of course. I hope this doesn't mean that I thought of Milan by some prescience and that that city will be hit next!!

The group claiming responsibility for today's London attacks calls itself Al-Qaeda-Europe Branch or some such thing. It did say that next would be Italy and Denmark (considering Spain got its attack last year) unless they withdrew their troops from Afghanistan and Iraq.

The BBC commentator said that this time, the terrorists wouldn't make the Gov't fall, like what happened in Spain - but in fact my own opinion is that it wouldn't have fallen in Spain if it hadn't tried to lie to the people by putting responsibility for the attack on the ETA to divert attention from the fact the attack was due to Spain's being part of the coalition. I really think it was being lied to that inflamed the Spaniards, especially the ETA (not that they're angels, but this time they were blameless) who then turned out to vote en masse instead of abstaining like they usually do. Down came Aznar, but he has only himself to blame for it.

I agree that next to AQ, the IRA looks almost tame - but I wouldn't dismiss the Brits' capability to deal with it. There'll be hell to pay at MI 5 and other intelligence units that the terrorists were able to get and use C4.

And I'm sure London will not turn into Baghdad. The population will stand firm like they did during the blitz. Plus, they haven't been bombed out of electricity and water first, with a disbanded and disgruntled but not disarmed army roaming the streets. If anything, this will rally them behind Tony Blair, and rebound on the terrorists.

On a totally different matter, Saigonnais, check your e-mail - since I sent you a Region 2 dvd, I'm sending you the necessary info to dezone your player.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » Politix All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: