AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Our SIXTH Anniversary! YAY!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Here's some food Reply with quote

Here's some nem nướng to go with the 33 beer and the champagne.

Last edited by TT on Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
dzu
Herald

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Yum Yum! Reply with quote

Delicious, TT!

What about some good old pho? Pho with a beer Beer - that's celebration enough for me on a working day. super grin

And I'm saving this cake for 2 years from now. Couldn't find one with 6 candles. wink

X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! this is fun. I wasn't aware of this party thread. Congrats to AV and its admin for doing a fine job.

Is this a potluck style party? super grin

What are some really good VN foods that you could think of?

My list is
ba'nh xe`o vo*'i rau chua, rau cha't, ca?i non,

canh bu'n/ba'nh dda vo*'i rau muo^'ng.
thi.t heo nu*o*'ng than
AvenueViet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: And here's to our techie! Reply with quote

X wrote:
Wow! this is fun. I wasn't aware of this party thread. Congrats to AV and its admin for doing a fine job.

Is this a potluck style party? super grin

Kudos go to you too, X. Without you, our one and only techie, this forum wouldn't even exist, and/or would have crashed several times in the past six years. So, a toast to you!

Yes, this is a potluck party, bring whatever you feel like bringing. Thit heo nuong than sounds delicious. I like bun thit nuong too. And ba'nh bèo, tôm lui and all the "festive" dishes. bleh
Du Khach
Herald

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Keep up the good work! Reply with quote

This is so cool, AV members and staff!

Keep up the good work, and here's to your health and continued success!
LadyDragon
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: ANOTHER ANNIVERSARY!! Reply with quote

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

We are entering our 8th year of existence (counting the two years as EverythingViet), our sixth as AvenueViet, which has now been active for five whole years. clap

This is cause for celebration, which we'll do in style at the Meet and Greet Pub - and we can do so lavishlsy, because we didn't even have to have a fund-raiser this time. Last time, our members were so generous (especially Seed, Mat Hi Cuoi, Minisinoo and Max) that we had enough left over to cover the next subscription cycle to our server.

Come to the Pub, all food and drinks will be on the house. Very Happy

Ylang-Ylang

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Happy Birthday to Us Reply with quote

Music Happy Birthday to us Music Rose clap clap clap clap clap clap Rose
wine Music clap wine Music clap wine Music clap wine Music clap

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: ANOTHER ANNIVERSARY!! Reply with quote

LadyDragon wrote:
... we didn't even have to have a fund-raiser this time. Last time, our members were so generous (especially Seed, Mat Hi Cuoi, Minisinoo and Max) that we had enough left over to cover the next subscription cycle to our server.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I can't help but notice that the people who gave money last time haven't been seen around hardly at all lately. Ominous sign for next year? uhh!

Never mind - Happy Anniversary to us anyway. balloons Hearts

That we survived so long despite the nay-sayers (not to mention sabotage from other sites) is a tribute to the Mods and Techies of this site - and its wonderful members.

I raise my glass to all of them. wine
MadTimmy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Warm congratulations Reply with quote

This is quite a feat, considering all the problems you've had with this site at the beginning - and may continue to have, from what I've been reading in various subforums.

Congratulations, and may this site endure and stay on line for at least a dozen more years! clap
inkpot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Congratulations! Reply with quote

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to AvenueViet! balloons wave hello goodbye

Sorry I'm a bit late, but I haven't visited the site in some time. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: