AVENUE VIET Forum Index AVENUE VIET
An Online Community

AlbumAlbum   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The views expressed herein are the writers' own and do not necessarily reflect those of the webmasters, administrators and moderators of this forum. Refer to the complete disclaimer.
Welcome to our genuine new members!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LadyDragon
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Welcome to our genuine new members! Reply with quote

I am very pleased to welcome a few genuine new members (among about 500+ spammers), most welcome among them being evermore. very happy

Poor evermore was persistent, her IPs got banned several times before I realized who she was. She had e-mailed and also PM'd me.

You other "genuine members", if you get banned, pls do the same. Most of you have my private e-mail address. If not, you can always e-mail us at Administrator@AvenueViet.com.

We don't check that very often, but we do from time to time... Best thing to do is e-mail X, Mat Hi Cuoi or me.

Also, I'd advise you to log in immediately after you come on line. Click on the "automatically log me in" - then you won't show up as guests and risk accidental bans.

Thanks for your understanding and patience. hug
nevermore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome:)

Glad I've made it here, despite the spammer problems. Sorry to hear about the hassles.

Looking forward to many interesting discussions here! hug
Janine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Welcome, nevermore! Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
Hi, thanks for the warm welcome:)

Glad I've made it here, despite the spammer problems. Sorry to hear about the hassles.

Looking forward to many interesting discussions here! hug

Yes, we have many interesting discussions, you'll see!! Which subjects are you particularly interested in?

With a username like "nevermore", are you also an Edgar Allan Poe fan? confused

Very Happy
nevermore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: My username Reply with quote

Well, like some others I came over from Cosforums where I met LadyDragon, so obviously I'm a Potter fan (though I'm not crazy about the final book). I'm 42 years old and from Germany, so please forgive me if I make some mistakes - English is my second language.

Like LD, I very much enjoy the TV series Babylon 5; that was why we actually met. I'm also a fan of classic sci-fi and fantasy literature (also film, big Star Wars fan). And yes, Poe has been one of my favourites for many years.

As for the other subjects, I'll have to look around here a bit Smile
Shuttler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: English's no problem around here Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
Well, like some others I came over from Cosforums where I met LadyDragon, so obviously I'm a Potter fan (though I'm not crazy about the final book). I'm 42 years old and from Germany, so please forgive me if I make some mistakes - English is my second language.

Like LD, I very much enjoy the TV series Babylon 5; that was why we actually met. I'm also a fan of classic sci-fi and fantasy literature (also film, big Star Wars fan). And yes, Poe has been one of my favourites for many years.

As for the other subjects, I'll have to look around here a bit Smile

Don't worry about English, Nevermore. Most of us here are not native English speakers, mistakes abound. It doesn't keep us from enjoying the debates and discussions.

Look around at your leisure, hope you like what you see.

Just relax and enjoy yourself! Welcome to the site. Very Happy

P.S. I forgot to sign in, but I, too, have dual membership CoS/AV. There's quite a little group of us in here. bleh
inkling7
Admin Pro Tem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: No problem Reply with quote

Don't worry even the native English-born speakers make mistakes and you seem to have done very well so far. Welcome wave hello goodbye
Lyta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Bab 5 Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
Like LD, I very much enjoy the TV series Babylon 5; that was why we actually met.

Then you are very welcome here. We characters from the Station can come out of hyperspace (or lurkdom) and start discussing the series!! Very Happy

Wildflower

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Bab 5 Reply with quote

Lyta wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Like LD, I very much enjoy the TV series Babylon 5; that was why we actually met.

Then you are very welcome here. We characters from the Station can come out of hyperspace (or lurkdom) and start discussing the series!! Very Happy

A Babylon 5 thread has been opened in the Entertainment subforum. Feel free to go there and discuss the series, its spin-off movies, its sequel series ("Crusade", which was nowhere near as good and I couldn't even watch in its entirity) and, if you have read them, the books, some of them written by JMS's wife, which I discovered thanks to nevermore (except she's using another name on CoS). Very Happy
santorini

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Well, it seems I'll have a lot of fun here. Like nevermore, I'm not native English-speaker (I'm French), but I'll do my very best to make it understandable Very Happy.
Wildflower

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Welcome, Santorini! Reply with quote

santorini wrote:
Well, it seems I'll have a lot of fun here. Like nevermore, I'm not native English-speaker (I'm French), but I'll do my very best to make it understandable Very Happy.

A warm welcome to you, Santorini!

I know you from outside AvenueViet and I know your English is pretty good, so you don't have to worry about that.

Practically no one on this site is a "native" English speaker, apart from a few "migrants" from other sites. Unless you count our young Vietnamese members who were born or grew up up in the US as "native English speakers" - which I suppose they are.

This is not a linguistic-oriented site, apart from the Writers' Forum. And since we don't have a "promised land", access to which is dependent, among other things, on good grammar and spelling - which is a joke, actually, but no matter - you can write pidgin English or "petit nègre" or terrible Vietnamese in here as much as you like. The main thing is to take part in the discussion. satisfied content
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AVENUE VIET Forum Index » L'Avenue Archives All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: